/FAST/ TASTES LIKE NOTHING EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>reddit fag that did a 77 day water fast, notice how he is not 1)dead or 2)looks like a wrinkled vagina
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
PMC3106288/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
nutritionfacts.org/2015/05/19/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for OMAD and pleasurable keto meals

eat big or go home virgins

reminder if youre doing 16:8 you are a little bitch and NOT fasting

Is that her leg or a dudes arm?

How do I fast faster?

exercise
I like doing OMAD'd hikes or stationary bike workouts at home if I'm on a multi day and need a safe place to pass out in.

I've been on a loose keto diet for 3 months now. I can't prove how or why I feel better, the exercise and diet probably work together, but I feel great. Much better than the 3.5 liters of vodka a week(that's probably why) alcoholic I was. Plus I've lost about 20 pounds.

Fasting and keto is life.
I'm on day 5 of my fast rn. :) Feel good.

Ketogenic diets are a fucking death trap. Only people who benefit from them are the severely obese

Clear this guy doesn't know shit about biology, lol.

your propaganda doesn't work here

something something fat metabolism helps liver regeneration and then autophagy via fasting will also unfuck your liver too. may I recommend Alpha lipoic acid to continue to reverse your liver damage?

Was on keto for some time, decided to OMAD so my metabolism doesn't tank too badly and I can actually maintain the weight I lose. Currently not worrying much about the size of the meal but might soon think about changing that, I can eat a lot in a sitting.

any tips to get over the first couple days of a water fast?

Interested in doing a 5-7 day fast for overall health purposes, primarily the autophagy benefits.

>20:4 Monday-Friday
>Water/Green Tea Fast Saturday and Sunday
Ramadan 24/7/365, they act like it's hard. Do you even fast bro?

Totally thought you were trying to poison me until.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
Are you doing a long term reduced calorie deal too?

you eat 2 meals in that 4 hour period?

Ended my fast today at about 115 hours today. Accidentally ate a piece of candy so I decided to drink some milk, eat some tuna with chips mixed in and get some almonds. Ate around 1500 calories, still at a 1000 deficit but not hungry at all. Should I jump right back into it?

>be jewish
>yom kippur soon
>can't fast because bulking
feels bad

Nah, just one big ass meal that hits my macros and calories for the day. I like it because I can mix up what I eat more than smaller meals throughout the day.

Have fun with your damaged heart, muscle loss, fatigue, and regaining all the weight you lost when you eventually come off the diet.

I'm testing the waters, I don't want to plan a 5+ day fast and end up binge eating on the third day and lose motivation or faith because of it, but I definitely plan on doing a longer period once I settle on a stable rhythm of OMAD.

Explain yourself, I've never heard anyone say that keto was bad for the heart before.

PSMF tips, anyone?

Going to do around 1060 kcal a day, 200g of protein, 20g of carbs and 20g of fat.

210 lbs
6'3"
18% BF

Anyone else get diarrhea after their first meal?

If it was me I'd eat one heavy meal so that I could feel more encouraged to go longer and be less inclined to regret not eating something filling when breaking my fast, but that's me.
If it is only one meal, then isn't your fast more like 23:1?

This
I just skip my fucking breakfast and already have 18:6, it's a mystery to me how people can struggle with 16:8.

How do you fast without getting 'OMG YOU'RE ANOREXIC' comments?

How long are you supposed to do that?

I guess sometimes, depends what I'm eating. Normally I don't eat super fast, I'll watch a movie and eat during just kinda nibbling at my meal. Other times I make something just stupid tasty like chili mac and cheese and just destroy it in 30 minutes.

Calculator says a full break every 2-6 weeks.

1 free meal a week, 5 hours of a refeed.

Rarely but every now and then I won't make a full meal but I'll just snack over the 4 hours, I usually don't hit macros or calories when I do that though, which isn't all bad but I feel cheated out of more food and nutrition.

It isn't a matter of willpower, its more of a health question. I have more than enough willpower to stop me from doing anything. The only reason I broke my fast was because I put so little attention into my fast and got busy that I accidentally ate something. I was disappointed but I woke up one night scared because I dreamt of eating something and I was worried I broke my fast.

Don't tell anyone. In western cultures there is no way to get around this. I told someone once and they said they can't do that because "muh thyroid" and I asked if their body defies physics and they shut up.

god that woman is so beautiful

You cant drink during ramadan faggot

I'm flipping to choose between 16:8 18:6 and 20:4 fasting
My plan is to essentially stay at maintenence weight with a slight net deficit over the week. Eating at a slight caloric surplus on my lifting days and a bigger deficit on the off days
Which method of fasting will be best for me? I'm thinking 20:4 as it'll fit with my normal schedule the best

No shit faggot.
What makes you think I drink during that time?

yeah I´m sure you are dry fasting 24/7/365 retard.

Day 15th of fasting, lost 31lbs so far
Feelsgood desu

daily reminder you fast fags need to fuck off and this is not Veeky Forums related. if it was it would get results and actual bodybuilders would use it. take this meme to /b/ or /r9k/, or better yet BACK TO L.EDDIT!

>ftw Actual bodybuilders use it. Top athletes use it.

GTFO

Day 13 of fast.
Highest weight 318
Weight starting the fast 278
Current weight 247

its just a bunch of fat redditors on here that get tricked into doing it. theyre all mordibly obese looking for a quick fix

hahahahaha like for example this fucking loser. kill yourself!

Don't be mad that you don't have the willpower to fast. Stop trying to drag us all down loser

It's a girl's leg.

what fast you doing? thats good weight loss keep it up laddy

Just a simple water fast. Taking salt and potassium with my water in the morning

i dont need to, its useless and im not obese

Low carbs and high fat and protein diet greatly increase the chance of heart disease.

nutritionfacts.org/2015/05/19/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/

>Those sticking to the vegetarian diet showed a reversal of their heart disease as expected. Their partially clogged arteries literally got cleaned out. They had 20% less atherosclerotic plaque in their arteries at the end of the year than at the beginning. What happened to those who abandoned the treatment diet, and switched over to the low-carb diet? Their condition significantly worsened. 40% to 50% more artery clogging at the end of the year.

Anyone doing keto long term is literally putting themself in an early grave. Following this diet for weight loss aesthetic reasons is beyond retarded. The only reason people see results from it is because its inherently a low calorie diet and the lack of carbs makes you drop water weight extremely fast.
You can still eat carbs and lose weight. In fact, having a high amount of carbs while you lose weight is the best way to do it. You retain water and glyocgen, and therefore retain strengoth and muscle size.

hope you know you're putting yourself in an early grave following that diet

Can I drink booze while fasting?
Or do I have to do drink alcohol during my eating phase?

Really considering trying a 7 day fast. I read through a few of the articles linked but just wanted a clear answer from experienced people. You mainly just drink water obviously, but is having multiple cups of coffee ok also?

>Can I drink booze while fasting?
Are you retarded? Fasting is the period where you're consuming no calories. Alcohol has calories. What do you think?

Yes I am please stop triggering me I'm autistic

Coffee is fine, but obviously don't use any creamer or milk, and there is debate on whether artificial sweeteners are okay or not (triggering an insulin response).
But yes, you just drink water. Some take a multivitamin, but for 7 days you probably don't need to worry about it.

The most important thing is to maintain your electrolytes during the fast. Potassium, Sodium, and Magnesium, with Sodium being the biggest one. Get some Himalayan pink salt and just eat some of that periodically so you don't feel like shit.

>Himalayan pink salt
why is it better than sea salt?

Tastes better.

why are you guys fasting instead of just eating less?

Sea salt would work just fine. People say dat pink stuff has some trace elements that are good to have or some shit. Whether you buy into that or not is honestly irrelevant. The key point is that you get your dang sodium when you're fasting.

16:8 is default mode for me
20:4 is my 'real' fast
I do two 24 hour fasts a week

Shits easy

have any of you ever heard that pink salt is a complete scam? Some user was saying it has heavy metals in it and they just dye it pink. any truth to that?

actually watch the videos and youll understand why

Sea salt doesn't have the iodine you need to be healthy.

hour 38, not feeling hungry but psychologically needing food. first fast, don't know how long i want to go

Can anyone give me a quick run down on the benefits of a multi day water fast?

How can going 4-5 days without food be remotely good for you?

the OP template can do that, no spoon feeding here

*eats*

Damn, what the hell. I'm on day 17 and I've only lost 22.6 pounds so far. Started at 251.6 at 5'11"

I am eating 19:5 for weeks now, not obsessed with fasting and ketos. I was just experimenting and found that this works for me and I am feeling better.

Do you think that I am producing ketos? I am too lazy to get urine sticks.

(I eat healthy foods, ~1500calories and I bicycle 30km every day and some workout)

Regardless, this is what I am sticking with for the rest of my life.

only if your carbs are under 20g

yeah I shat my pants once in public

some people go into ketosis at much higher carb intake; one guy in a study went into ketosis at 195g/day

first time posting on Veeky Forums in a long time and I see this nice thread. (I asked about intermittent fasting here like a year ago and pretty much got told to fuck off with my meme diet, so I assumed fasting was something Veeky Forums didn't do)

been fasting now for almost 3 days, my longest fast yet and I'm planning to fast for at least a week (or until I feel some real hunger). will I just gain all my weight back when I start eating again?
I'll go back to intermittently fasting like I did before the fast (only eating from noon till 7)

You'll very likely gain some water weight back, but that's probably about it. If you continue eating at maintenance or slightly below after the fast then there shouldn't be any problem. Just don't binge like a madman when you do break your fast.

The biggest benefti i noticed is how much my stomach shrinks. Im doing ADF and OMAD, and after my fast day i eat my meal at night and i cant come close to eating as much as i sued to. Im full to the point that i feel like im going to vomit on about 75% of what i used to be able to eat.

>Just don't binge like a madman when you do break your fast.
that'll be hard though, shit I'm already thinking about what I should eat in 4-5 days
well, that's good to hear.

>that'll be hard though, shit I'm already thinking about what I should eat in 4-5 days
im tellign you man, literally try to eat all teh food youre thinking about, try it so you can feel how small your stomach has gotten.

Maybe some Chinese shit, find a place with quality ingredients and you're set.

can anyone give me quick rundown on water fasting - i just need to know what supplements i should take and how much salt i need.

Well I intend to do it for 3 weeks, so I don't reckon it'll slay me but I'll indulge.

Explain the early grave, my sweet sunshine.

I'll report back if this general is still active in a week.

It depends on how long you plan on fasting. If it's just two or three days you don't even need to worry about supplements. Regarding salt, a few grams a day, give or take, and you'll be fine. A real easy way to know if your body needs more salt during a fast is to just eat some. If it tastes "good" and not just salty, then you need more salt.

i'm planning on waterfasting for about 30-40 days.
i'm already familiar with if and keto on a very low intake (300-600 kcal per day).

what about multi, potassium and shit?

If youre asking questions you arent familiar at all and you certainly arent ready to fast for 30 days dude

oh also, I've heard people recommend skipping workouts while waterfasting and I've also heard people recommend light workouts during fasts. I've already went to two boxing practices (heavy cardio for an hour each) and am planning to go jogging later today.

so, what is the general consensus here about workouts during fasts?

Day 14 done. Just did some squats and holy fuck my hearth was never beating so fast. I was afraid I will get heart attack

i've already done 30+ days of waterfasting - but i never took any supplements except multi. i just read on the fasting subreddit what i should take.

thanks tho.

You are talking like if fasting is some rocket science lol.

I've been fasting for two weeks now. Doing 18:6 because 16:8 is for fucking pussies. I was previously on a strict keto diet but, man, fuck that shit. The only bad thing I feel is that I'm getting dizzy/lightheaded sometimes. Has anyone previously experienced this?

I am already relatively skinny and my goal is to have very nice abs in a short period of time to impress the ladies. Is fasting for me?

If you feel fine keep working out dude.
it actually is, if you dont know what refeeding snydrome is youre gonna have a bad time when you break a long one. Not to mention look at all the repetitive and obvious questions being asked, clearly people dont get it.
So you casually fasted for 30 days with no supplements besides a multi? thats amazing, how did you feel? How much weight did you lose?

i lost about 45lbs but regained 5lbs after the first few days. it was quite easy after the first 3 days and i felt great except that i got light headed easily.

that was about 2 years ago - ive since then changed my lifestyle and eating habits.
did some keto/if meanwhile and lost again some weight. i'm still not where i want to be so i decided to do waterfasting again and maybe do it more careful/with supplements this time.

Were you working out during it?
How often you took multi? 70+ days fasting guys only took one pill a week

I've done multiple 10-day fasts and I still don't know what the "best" thing to do is when it comes to exercise. Some people recommend you stay active during the fast to help preserve muscle, while others suggest doing as little as possible. My energy while fasting was kind of weird; overall I felt more energetic, but any sort of activity drained my energy a lot faster than normal.

yeah, i worked out lightly but mostly calisthenics at home or taking long walks daily. i took my multi basically daily - except when i forgot it.

You ever got white coating on your tongue during your fast?