I have a fight at 7 pm tonight (boxing) -- should I eat a donut 1 hour before the fight...

i have a fight at 7 pm tonight (boxing) -- should I eat a donut 1 hour before the fight? obviously I'm going to have a sip. but what high GI foods should i have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IB6KBHm09-k
youtube.com/watch?v=E8V91uRO0zU
youtube.com/watch?v=0d3nbvCNwB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really hope that you aren't relying on Veeky Forums for boxing advice. You should have some better sources for this m8.

no you fucking retard

Why the fuck are you asking fit? Do you think anyone here is even remotely qualified? 90% of this board are fresh 2pl8 bench virgins who extrapolate that they're gonna hit 4pl8 in 2 years based off linear progression

>knows his shit
>says no one here knows their shit
Hmmm

I always had a banana 30 minutes before a fight. And no caffeine, just water.

why no caffeine? it's my typical preworkout

This is not a workout, it's a fight. Caffeine gives you a boost, but also makes you dehydrate faster. Don't know how many rounds you're fighting, but I'd stick with water, banana contains enough carbs for a boost.

But if you're strategy is to go for the first round knockout: sip away

three 3 minute rounds. it's an amateur fight, (my first one) -- I'm not trying to take the guys head off with a knockout. i'm taller than him so I'm keeping my range. you really don't think caffeine is okay? what if i drink it + pedialyte?

bump

3x3 minute round caffeine shouldn't be a problem. But don't sip an hour before, maybe 10-15 minutes

And before I forget, good luck brother. It takes balls stepping into the ring, amateur or pro!

thank you. i will 100% find a girlfriend by doing this.

Personal trainer and fellow martial artist here.
No. Eat a banana and drink plenty of water.

Generally speaking it takes 48 hours to fully hydrate yourself, so if you're leaving it a few hours before your fight you've already left it way too late.
Also, one common mistake competitors make in any sport is to change their routine on the day of competition. You'll wear new trainers, do a different warm up or eat different food, which will all cause you to get blisters, pull a muscle and puke, because you're doing shit completely differently to what you're used to.
What do you think training is for? You should train as you expect to compete, especially in the last few weeks.
On the day of the fight your routine should be no different to any prior day in the previous two weeks, not only so that your body feels comfortable and natural but also because your training should've been on point.

Three threes isn't long, drink your caffeine if it's what you're used to, just relax and remember it's only hard sparring, you've got nothing to lose so go in there loose and free. Godspeed.

Also, the earth we find ourselves on is round and time is relative, 7pm means absolutely nothing without a time zone.

it's 7 PM pst. and yeah I guess i'll skip the caffeine? if it's my routine tho idk.

I strongly advice you do some meth/coke beforehand.

Bump

Come over to /heem/ on /sp/ we can give you some advice

Fuck, saving this for later. That's some solid advice. Thanks!

Good luck OP your Veeky Forums bros are 100% behind you

Anybody who shits on Floyd knows nothing about boxing.

The man knows how to win and is truly one of the greatest boxers.

>my housemate is a boxing coach
>he asked me if i was interested in fighting the gym's owner
>fuck it
>say yes

My background...

>I have a TKD / some boxing / lots of MMA sparring experience
>run about 10 miles a week
>do 600 jump ropes each lifting session / box jumps etc
>train with medium weights + high volume
i'm fighting the guy in the white

youtube.com/watch?v=IB6KBHm09-k

Any advice? I'm taller than him. It's three 3-minute rounds.

Probably too late, but I'd say he likes to dip to his right (your left), and at range doesn't offer much from the left hand other than jabs, so I'd try to get under that jab and circle to his right, then you might find yourself in a real good position for a straight right followed by any kind of left swing.
Also he likes to avoid punches with head movement rather than footwork, he plants his feet and then tries to slip and weave, so as soon as he starts doing that smash him in the body a couple of times and then get out before he counters.
But then I'm no expert.
Let us know how it goes, I'll check back tomorrow to see how you did.

Fight starts in a few hours later than expected. Thanks for the tips. Isn't it unsafe to circle into his right power hand though

He plants his feet a lot on defense. Keep your jab glove in his face for a split second, step outside his front foot, run a good solid straight at an angle he wont see.

The punches that hurt the most are the ones you don't see coming.

So I'm stepping to my right after blinding with the jab then spiking the straight right / uppercut into his body ?

Do coke.

Watch the master at work

youtube.com/watch?v=E8V91uRO0zU

Here is a much better quick film study of Lomachenko's work

youtube.com/watch?v=0d3nbvCNwB8

Is it advisable to try to emulate an Olympic gold medalist boxer

Youre not going to have his speed, his reflexes, his ring generalship, you're not Lomachenko - but you're not fighting Lomachenko either.

What he is doing isn't new to boxing and isn't exclusive to him. He isn't doing some unbelievable feat of athleticism - he's just using very smart footwork to gain the initiative and control exchanges.

You won't be able to implement stuff like this on the fly flawlessly, but you can give it a shot or keep it in mind for future training if this style interests you.

>who extrapolate that they're gonna hit 4pl8 in 2 years based off linear progression
>tfw used to think exactly this
>went from 75lb 1rm to 135 in a few months
>thought I would be 4pl8 in a couple years
>6 years later still never went above 3x245
Math lied to me

Any good tall Orthodox fighters you recommend studying ?

years later still never went above 3x245
How?

Jokes on you, I can't even bench one plate.

Not when he's standing that side-on, as soon as you move to his left at all he'll find his stance is far too side-on to unload that right hand, it'll be like trying to punch through his own left shoulder.
If he had a more square-on muay thai or 'MMA' stance, then yeah you'd be right, but that's boxers for ya.

Anthony Joshua is a 6'6" British pro boxer with a phenomenal knockout record. I'd highly recommend watching some of his stuff.

Why the fuck was the moron in the gif punching Mayweather's arm..

That was three hours ago so op if you're still here how did it go?

Op here. Fucc there's a lot of people and I'm fighting the owner of the gym so everyone is gonna be rooting against me shit fucc shit

I'm rootin 4 u bro

You got this shit

Do a few lines of cocaine seconds before walking out to the ring and you'll be set m8

So how it went?

OP is kill

>Mfw

Up in 30 minutes

>Tfw first prefight sip of the say

checked, but
NICE quads.

Thanks to quads for extra leg strength.
THNANK QUADS

OP wins his match because of quads.

I hope you win man.. do it for us

Good luck, your quads will guide you

Remember to tell us what happened after the fight

lol
thank for you taking us on your journey op

Still haven't fought. I'm literally the last fight. At least there's a few qts here miring my warmups

Is this under boxing rules?

Yes

Have you prepared your pocket sand?

>thinks benching 4 pl8s is impressive

Go OP you can do it

Depends on how your nerves are, if you're gonna shit bricks in the first 10 seconds and start throwing mad combos, you might puke.

If you're chill about it the even half hour is fine.

I got fucking beat up in front a crowd of all my friends. It sucks, man. The worst part is that it was supposed to just be an exhibition match against this girl who had way more experience than me. Yes, I lost to a fucking girl and got beat up really bad in the process!

I knew I should have had two donuts instead of one.

Why you pretending to be OP?

I started boxing recently. Don't know how to box but I have great durability and stamina. I boxed two more experienced friends of mine and beat them both. I looked awful swinging wild ass punches and looking away leaving my face open. I won with power punches. All I knew how to do was embrace that berserk moment. I have vids. Dont know how to turn them into webms.

just link to youtube or any hosting site.

knock that faggot the fuck out user,take anything that makes you energetic and go listen to sabaton and go watch live leak of muslims getting killed

murder that cuck

OP is a muslim though you fag

im calling bullshit but even if he was faggot muslims like killing muslims anyway so who cares?

suck my dick you fucking fag

Lost! Will upload it soon

if you're in decent shape it should be a piece of piss, just keep constant pressure for easy amateur wins

Need update

this

OP what happened man

OP post update we were rooting for you bruh. Gonna assume you lost unless you upd8

OP please tell us what happened bro

>British

this

I agree I use to have banane 45 mins b4

OP hello?

op fucking died

Rooting for you buddy

Damn it op where you at

I wanna make fun of you but thats how i found mine

op already said he lost. l2read, faggots

I have no experience in boxing or combat sports, but I've always found the best presport meal is plain, white spaghetti.

heres the real question. Did he get his ass kicked or was it a boxing style points loss

he'd just spill it all during the fight though

No

Heres what I do on fight day if i weighed in the night before.

Eat meals of porridge made with hot water, and meals of pasta with a little bit of protein. Make sure you dont eat 3 hours before the fight, don't stuff yourself but make sure you are fully carbed up.

And then 1 hour before the fight eat a small 200calorie meal of chocolate like a mars bar.

Good luck and don't forget to let your hands go. I've seen plenty of people get in there and throw single shots while always giving ground because they are scared.. myself in my first match included.

Me too, shes a fighter also.