At what age do you become old and past your prime? I'm 28 and feeling like a fucking geezer...

At what age do you become old and past your prime? I'm 28 and feeling like a fucking geezer. So depressing thinking of how old I am.

:l

I usually don't 'out' myself because it seems like everyone stops listening at that point and I take endless amounts of shit from everyone, but I'll make an exception in this case, then fade back into the crowd and become just another Veeky Forums faggot..

I'm 52 (no shit, born 1965). I'm an endurance athlete (road cyclist, on a road racing team, 8 years now -- yes, I started when I was 44).

Some people will say "..that's too old, shouldn't you slow down take it easy? Won't you get hurt doing all that?" Hell no, that's bullshit. I went to the gym this morning for 2 hours (the very beginnings of my Fall/Winter training regimen) and in about half an hour or so I'll be getting ready to go ride for a couple hours, too. Just a typical Saturday for me, really; I feel GREAT.

The whole 'aging' thing is largely a myth. Society tells you "..oh, you're OLD now, you have to ACT old!". More bullshit. Mostly it's 'Crab Mentality' (look it up). Old people who can't get over themselves don't want you to exceed them, so they discourage you as much as they can. Screw that!

So long as you're willing to endure what is necessary to attain your goals, you'll likely get there. I produce a shit-ton of Force and Power on the bike after years of training, because I don't believe in the 'aging myth' at all. I'll keep going until I just can't physically do it anymore -- then I'll just back off a bit and still keep going. Pry the handlebars from my cold, dead hands. :-)

So, at 28? YOU ARE IN THE PRIME OF YOUR LIFE. YOU CAN DO GODDAMNED NEAR ANYTHING. Don't listen to the 'Crab Mentality', especially from the faggots on Veeky Forums; the ones that discourage you are the ones who can't 'make it' themselves and want YOU to fail, too.

Fuck I needed this. Thankyou.

Scoobie you came back!!!

You kids these days...

I agree with you 110%!!! I turn 53 (born Dec 1964) this year!!! Hit the gym four 1 hr. to 1 1/2 six days a week, walk, run, bike daily!!! Im in better shape than everyone I work with. Age has nothing to do with it!!! Get out and live life!!!!!

The true question I would have for you odlfags would be if it gets easier being just by yourself or if the stigma of not being included in a huge family gets worse?

I didn't mind being alone at 16-20 and now at 25 it seems a bit harder, but I also spend more time by myself (I still have friends, hookups and jobs and so on, but I just spend a lot of the free available time by myself)

Long story short I'm scared shitless of the feeling of being alone or loneliness becoming unbearable at an later age...

My anatomy professor said 18 or 19 is your physical prime.

I'm going to kill myself before being old presents any problems so I'm all good.

This. I was a fat piece of shit, started getting Veeky Forums at 35. I'm the best I've ever been and plowing a 28 yo. Life is what you put into it.

What the hell are you doing here?

you will deny that you have problems when you get them

I hope in 30 years when I'm your age I still have the gigantic brass balls to not be a weak pussy.

Here's to you, agedbrah.

scooby?

Shut the fuck up faggot

Just turned 18 three weeks ago.

Yeah youre pretty fucking old kek, you were 10 when I was just being born. That's crazy. When I was 10 black ops 1 was still big and that was ages ago.

The true degenerate path. Suicide is a sin, user. Its forbidden.

>those literal black ops 10 year olds are now old enough to post on Veeky Forums

When shit hurts.

Pain is what makes people grumpy and old men don't like to travel because their prostates make is fucking hell.

Thank you. Not gonna lie, im 28 too and have been feeling this way lately.

Your're right though, I take a look at my friends who are also my age or a few years older and it's like they hit 30 yo and immediately started acting like bitter, crabby 60yo grannies.

I've noticed that it's the fat ones that age the fastest, both mentally and physically. Every girl I knew that's 30/40 lbs especially look WAY older. They used to be able to 'carry it well' when they were in their early 20's but now they look 40 years older and they arn't even 29!

I'm also 28. Quit trying to make me feel old.

Also, I felt old when my hairline started receding, so like 2 years ago. Then again, I'm probably in the best shape of my life. But then again, that's only because I pissed away my prime teenage years being antisocial and not getting enough physical activity.

I fucking hate myself.

I'm 26 and starting to thinking about lying about my age on tinder to more ably bang undergraduates.

Me too, I can get away with it, I still get carded when I go to restaurants and im 29

I wouldn't have to lie about my age if every woman near thirty wasn't an over-weight nut job. I'm serious, it's like they've all gone senile.

Word, I just started grad school at 26 and people think I'm an undergraduate. I don't want none of that 30 y/o single mom puss, thanks.

Why? Just start playing into the whole “daddy” thing going on.

If you choose to be alone, you will be alone. If you choose to be amongst others, you won't be, it's simple as that. There's nothing wrong with spending a lot of time alone as long as you still spend time with others and keep up your social relationships.

I think age is more mental than physical. By the time most people in the modern world hit 30, they have become so beaten down by work, lost idealism, etc., that they become crabby, cynical old fucks.

The key to staying young is thinking young and living young. Don't forget the wonder in the world. If your job is dragging you down, leave it. You only need as much money as you spend. Anything more is an illusionary sense of security in an unpredictable world. Travel, spend time with those you love, meet new people, do new things, follow your passions. Live a life of love, adventure, growth, and excitement and age means little.

~T. 30 year old

37 here and stronger than ever. Don't fall for the crab mentality.

Good on ya, user

Age is irrelevant since people age at different rate according to lifestyle
t. 28 yo who consistently called as 20 yo

Go on a plant based diet. You're probably deficient in nutrients and all that meat is wrecking your body.

>If your job is dragging you down, leave it.

Or teach English abroad saving 3k USD a month working part time and fucking hot chicks every weekend.

26 and want to kms. Then again I felt old when I turned 18. I guess I'm just highly neurotic. In reality you can be above average in terms of athleticism into your 70s. I remember at my last house I would see an old geezer running by everyday, he did more activity than your average craft brew drinking, skinny fat pajama boy.

I was 15 destroying your 10 year old ass

I'm 37, have 20 year olds asking me out at Uni still.

When then stops happening I'll concede I'm over the hill.

Do you oldfags still do squats and deads?