Time to quit my degeneracy. I'm losing weight, and I wanna get fit. Do I need to sign up to a gym...

Time to quit my degeneracy. I'm losing weight, and I wanna get fit. Do I need to sign up to a gym, or is there anything I can do with this that would get me in shape? What would you recommend for someone -completely- weak.

Stop being scared, lots of people start somewhere. The gym environment has been proven to increase results because we are social animals. Go to the gym, you will start to like it after a while.

Good luck

Yeah, I know most of the Veeky Forums chads are social animals. I really am not.

just get a gym membership, they will have far more equipment for you to use

>Veeky Forums
>social
lol, no. Veeky Forums is mostly autist spergs that can't even make friends, much less be chads

Hmm, so you must completely understand how it's difficult for me to go up totally inexperienced and try lifting weights. I'm a bit insecure, so that doesn't help at all.

Also the gym is 3 miles away and I don't have a car, so it's also logistically problematic.

Not OP, but I'm in a similar situation. I want to start lifting, but I'm scared of having bad form. I've watched Rippetoe's videos about how to lift, is that enough or do I need someone actually there to teach me proper technique? Also, is there a good starting weight for beginners?

Read the sticky and I strongly recommend you get a personal trainer who knows what theyre doing for about a month to teach you the main lifts (deadlift squat bench press overhead press)

Good luck

Start with the bar for everything. If too light put on some weight, youll feel it

walk the 3 miles you stupid fat fucker

How fat are you guys? You should understand that lifting and exercising will be negligible for weight loss. If you're just chubby to average overweight for your height then you should lift. If you have like 40-50 pounds of fat to lose you should diet for 2-3 months then start. You won't be able to squat/deadlift properly when your super fat with no muscle, you just won't be able to balance yourself properly, particularly if you've never done the movements before and have poor flexibility, and most likely bad posture. If you're focused on working out then don't destory your knees, eliptical and exercise bike until you're a reasonable 15-16%bf

I'm not fat. I'm 81 kilos at 185 height. I think I'm on a zone where I can start lifting and shedding the remaining fat while building some lean muscle (OP).

>3 miles
B I K E
I
K
E

If I was home all day, sure. But I get home at 6 PM after a long day at uni, then there's studying for the next classes. I used to walk the 3 miles, but I ended up being unprepared and too tired at the end of the day.

>is there a good starting weight for beginners?
You haven't read starting strength.
Rippletits explains how to load up the bar on day one.

Buy the cheapest bicycle there is and start biking

I mean we are social animals by nature, the sheer peer pressure knowing people may be watching keeps you in check and you will push yourself much harder than if you were alone.

start working out consistently, every week.

No weeks off. Even going once or twice a week, every week, is better than not going at all.

If you go every week, you will eventually dwarf all the normies. Eventually (after like 3-4 months of going consistently), you will benefit from developing a solid exercise and diet routine.

At the beginning tho, since you are a complete newbie, as long as you workout you will make gains. Ask someone you know IRL who looks jacked if you can follow them into one of their workouts.
Working out with others is probably the best thing for beginners, more experienced gym goers (roidfags who have been lifting for 4+ years) can give you tips. Workout with a friend, a family member etc. Most people don't mind showing you the ropes so you don't hurt yourself on your first day.
Oh, and fuck training for strength. Don't do SS+GOMAD unless you want to end up a skinny fat DYEL with slightly DYEL lifts.

Do a bodybuilding split, focus mostly on muscles that matter, aka abs chest and arms. You can throw in compounds if you want, but keep your rep ranges between 8-10 per set.

Does your university not have a gym?

What shithole school do you attend that doesn't have weight room facilities on campus?

I'm in a cheap community college and we have a gym. No idea why OP wouldn't have one.

Not all uni's around the world are like the ones in the US. I don't actually know all of our campus. We might have one.