Strength standards for men, women, and those in-between?

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/female/lb

how accurate would you say this is? so a 130lb woman would be considered at the "intermediate" strength level when she can deadlift 174lbs and squat 146lbs. this site is kinda dumb and doesn't even include hip thrusts for some reason. i assume these are 1 rep maxes?

how does this compare to men? and what does this mean for someone like me? at what level is a 5'6" 130lb mtf with less testosterone than most cis women considered strong? should i go off of the women's standards because of my miniscule test amount and small bodyframe, or would i lie somewhere between the cis sexes?

am i strong if i can deadlift 165lbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/hip-thrust#standardsFemale
m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0PNjgIMMx0
youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Benis xD

my manly physique for reference if that helps.

also this is just general thread about strength standards. at what point is a person "strong"? at what point is a person "fit"?

i'm super curious xD

these numbers seem low, but not like extremely so. natty limit for women is much lower than for men

trannies are somewhere in between. on HRT you have the same muscle growth rate as women (about half that of men), same bone density as women, skeletal structure generally closer of men (a lot of trannies are made by androgen insensitivity or prenatal hormone exposure, so it varies), and I would guess tho there are no real studies on this similar muscle recruitment ability and slow/fast twitch fiber mix to men

tl;dr you're going to progress slower and hit your limit earlier than you would as a man but assuming you train for real you are likely going to be significantly stronger than a woman of your bodyweight. I'm a tranny, 155lbs, and hit 205 deadlift for reps in three months

also we can all tell this was a thinly veiled excuse for you to post a selfie

>also we can all tell this was a thinly veiled excuse for you to post a selfie
oh i don't need an excuse for that i can post selfies whenever. if anything i posted the selfie to try to get more people posting here, hopefully including some that know what they're talking about concerning the subject.

as a transgirl who's been lifting 3x per week for months now, i'm genuinely interested in this topic and feel like it's not talked about nearly enough.

idk how advanced you are with your strength training, but at what point would you consider a mtf person to be "beginner" "novice" "intermediate" "advanced" "elite"?

omg i just found hip thrusts on here! it's estimating my 1 rep max hipthrust at 300lbs (from 20 rep max of 180 which is what i did x3 yesterday) and calling it "advanced", for cis women anyway. does this mean i'm amazing or is something wrong here?

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/hip-thrust#standardsFemale

>idk how advanced you are with your strength training, but at what point would you consider a mtf person to be "beginner" "novice" "intermediate" "advanced" "elite"?
numbers don't mean anything because of genetic variation, you're "intermediate" once you need to switch to weekly periodization to continue to make progress, "advanced" when you need monthly or longer imo. assuming you're eating/sleeping right etc. I'm still adding weight most workouts and I've only been lifting three months so regardless of what my numbers are I'm still indisputably a beginner

>you're "intermediate" once you need to switch to weekly periodization to continue to make progress, "advanced" when you need monthly or longer imo
what do these words even mean lol :(

you've only been lifting for 3 months? what program are you doing, and what are your lifts at?

i started lifting seriously in like. late july? wow so i guess i've only been lifting for like 2 months. thought for sure it was longer. maybe i started in late june idk.

but i'm doing strong curves and my lifts now are at:

hip thrust 3x20 180lbs
glute bridge 3x20 200lbs
squat 3x5 100lbs
deadlift 3x5 165lbs

share yours!

read practical programming, pdfs are easy to find. basically it means whether your goal is to increase weight every workout, every week, or whatever. madcow and texas method are good examples of intermediate programs

I'm doing stronglifts, squat 160lbs bench 105lbs and deadlift 205lbs

oh very cool :)

can you tell yet if you look any different?

i'm hoping my butt gets big soon but so far i think i look worse because i've put on weight and it all goes to my tummy :P

nah, I gained like ten pounds lol. idc, I'll cut in the spring, rn I just want to get stronger

omg you too?? i think it's because working out makes me that much hungrier. i've always had like a monstrous appetite but since i started lifting it's been ridiculous :(

this better be worth it lol. it's a LOT of work just to look fat. you seem cool :)

why are you lifting? is it just for the strength? why are you doing like a basic men's program instead of something like strong curves that is supposed to make for a more feminine figure?

i'm glad you're here. we need more trans lifters on the board and in existence generally.

I'm just lifting for strength. idc about having a "feminine figure" I basically dress/act like a man and occupy that role with my gf

fwiw I generally hate most trannies and only mention I am one when it's relevant to the topic at hand, identifying with a medical condition is weak

ohh okay. well you keep doin' you i guess lol

idk why you'd hate most trans people though but i guess it's whatever :S

Whether or not you have less circulating testosterone now or not, if you went through a male puberty then you should err on the side of the male stats. Of course progression will be more difficult, but developmentally if you're doing things correctly you'll be much stronger than actual women.

and this is based on what science? i'm not being smart i really want to know

Whatever science I was taught in my five years of studying biology and neuro-endocrinology.
Heard of pub med? Look it up if you're actually curious. I don't care enough to cite a handful of studies from an incredibly diverse literature.
Or use common sense. Take men who lose their testicles after puberty - they maintain male appearance and muscle mass despite the massive deficit in testosterone.

>Or use common sense. Take men who lose their testicles after puberty - they maintain male appearance and muscle mass despite the massive deficit in testosterone.
how is this common sense?

when mtf trans people go on HRT they lose tons of muscle mass.

here s a standard: how about any of you manly men try to reach half of Becca Swanson's powerlifting numbers
>600lb binch
>840lb squat
>640lb dedlift

can you really call yourself a man if your strength is nowhere near a woman's? go ahead take all the gear you want you still won't surpass her lel

m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0PNjgIMMx0

no offense to becca, but the video is kinda blurry and she looks 100% like a man. so you know she's on all kinds of weird hormones to have so much strength. it's fine if that's what she wants to do with her body, but when talking about strength standards it doesn't make sense to include people that are on hardcore performance-enhancing steroids.

it's nothing personal (and I've posted in a few of your threads because you seem alright) but I generally find them to be insufferable

she's a fogggin tank, 5'10 250 basically has the BIG GIRL FOR YOU mass I want.

thanks i think i'm pretty alright too :)

and yeah i think i remember you. you're always like hey you should take your trip off and i'm like no that's okay. are you the one that told me about bret contreras? and i get what you're saying about numbers not being the best representation of individual strength with all the factors that go into it, but at the same time i feel they're useful as a general measure of strength. like it's nice to know how you compare to those that are relatively similar to you. problem here i guess is that probably not many are too similar to us.

sometimes you just wanna know that this is like a worthwhile endeavor. we're working so hard at it and i keep hoping i'll notice a difference in the mirror but so far i'm just getting fat. i know i shouldn't expect any physical results for a while and should practice my patience and build discipline and all that but i want a little something to motivate me :P

it'll be super interesting to see how/if our bodies change. i wonder if we'll end up looking more masculine. kind of an interesting position we're in as transgirls xD

That """woman""" has a bigger dick than 90% of men out there

no rep, youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo