Are rest days really that important?

Are rest days really that important?

cant make gains if your muscles cant heal

Depends what you mean by "rest." You can't go full out every day and expect to last very long. But you can do some cardio or ab work or hit a muscle group that you've recently neglected and still manage to have some kind of activity 7 days a week without any negative consequences.

Depending on the volume of your workouts, yes. If you do a classic 3x5 routine, yeah you're gonna need a rest day between workouts. But if you're doing something like an old-timey full-body 1x10, then working out every day is ideal.

Feel tired and sore. Rest. If not lift. It's that easy. Don't plan off days. Lift everyday if you feel like it

Yeah.

I try (try) to take a full week off every 10 weeks. I usually come back stronger than before.

Depends on the volume you are doing, but usually yes, they are needed.
Look into the bulgarian method if you want to lift everyday.

If you don't rest your muscles you're going to keep creating micro tears and they'll never properly heal. It's not that hard to figure out, brainlet.

I don't think they are desu, especially if your asking the question. Having days where you do nothing are absolutely not necessary. Overtraining mostly comes from overtaxing your CNS not your muscles. Lifting heavy will drain you more than doing higher rep lower weight work.

As a natural
Fuck yes.
If you don't get adequate rest and destress you're not only fucking yourself out of gains you're ruining your body.
Take some fucking time to rest and destress.
The gains aren't going anywhere nor is the fat on your body.

Nice bro silence brainlet.

You need rest in order to recover.

Recovery is important because you can then go 220% on your next workout. Also you need to rest your CNS.

The amount and quality of rest depends on how much exercise you are doing, your nutrition, your current physique/muscle conditioning, genetics/steroids etc.

Long story short don't train too much or you are hindering your progress.

I've had weeks where my workload was overtime, I came down with cold/flus and still got in the gym and hit prs/advanced my lifts. Other weeks i can feel perfectly fine and all my lifts grind to a halt. If you aren't making progress when you should be, take a break for a few days or deload. As a natty, eventually you are gonna have to come to terms with the fact that you aren't superhuman.

Not really. There are plenty of people who workout 7 days a week. You just can't lift very heavy all 7 of those days. So do some running or wood chopping or whatever it is you want on your off days.

Gotta remember we as a human species used to work 7 days a week chasing climbing and hunting things down just to eat and survive. We are the best long distance runners for a reason.

If you don't need a rest day then you didn't work out hard enough. For sports, my coach told me basically that you should basically not want to go to the gym if you're doing it right.

if you like going to the gym every day you can have a 'rest day' where you just do lower weight to practice form

maybe

They don't run all day and hunt all day.
Most of their time was spent resting eating and doing very low effort stuff for long periods.
Equating that to a 3 hour balls to the wall workout in da gym is silly.

You're fucking retarded. Early humans chased down game like mammoths until the mammoth was exhausted and they could kill it. Then they had to drag it back to camp to feed the women and children.

Fuck out of here with your bull shit nonsense.

I'm a CS student, I train 6 days a week and other than a game of soccer here and there and biking to and from uni, I'm sitting at my computer or sleeping... so rest days for me are less important than say, someone who works, and is on their feet all day... try working out everyday and see how your body feels, are you making progress? do you like the way you look?? continue, are you constantly drained? do you feel like you're not making gains? drop a couple days and let your body recover and workout accordingly.. the problem with asking these questions is everyone does not have the same body, lifestyle, goals... so no one is going to be able to tell you yes or no without knowing those things..
personally though if im generalizing, if your goal is to increase your lift numbers and generally get stronger.. its important to take a day off between sessions so that your body can recover from the high intensity workouts you will be doing (hopefully) in order to increase your lifts..
me personally since I go 6 days a week.. im not hitting PR's when i do my compound lifts, but im VERY slowly increasing the amount of weight im moving, and how many reps i do of those lifts over time... so hope i was able to help you a little but honestly this isn't where you should be looking for advice.. look at someone who is where you wanna be, ask how they got there, and try to emulate.

PS I get zero pussy so there is no unaccounted for cardio there brahs

>drag a mammoth back

*correction

Indo-european and some asian races are descended from mammoth hunters, not everybody. Obviously they didn't drag mammoth around you dumb nigger, they lived semi-nomadic, it would be easier to set up camp somewhere then drag back a mammoth you fucking brainlet.

Train hard and rest unil fully recovered. people who do otherwise are overdoing it with very little to none benefits, maybe even negative effects, most of them have nothing else to do than train

You honestly fucking think they ran out and hunted mammoths like that every fucking day never resting never tiring?
Are you fucking retarded?
We don't run as far and as hard as the people in that fucking scenario every goddamned day even with the best fucking drugs and nutrition on the earth.

Yeah, with the populations sizes of those days, mammoth hunting would be a LONG term sustenance hunting method, not something that happened everyday, or even once a week. A mammoth would weigh around 6 fucking tons. They obviously had some way of preserving the meat, and they'd consume that for a fucking long time. The whole "humans did extra tough olympian level feats every day" meme is nonsense.

Before I hit 1/2/3/4 for reps I could life 6 or 7 days a week no problem. Now that I'm above those weights and watching my caloric intake, rest days are an absolute necessity.

t. DYEL

Hunter gatherers have shorter working days and more leisure time than an office worker.

Ok so all humans that matter did it. Thanks for clearing that up. Also they mostly lived in caves as evident in their cave paintings. So good luck carrying that around.

It wasnt every day but when it happened I'm sure it wasnt a jog in the park. They also hunted and gathered other things everyday.

I used to do a standard training program with rest days but now I do stuff like moderate weight farmers walks or fairly heavy power cleans on 'rest' days. This has done more to improve my strength than anything.

I don't know if it's due to the concentric nature of power cleans, or that farmers walks use a lot of muscle but don't necessarily tax a complete range of motion in any given muscle, but they don't seem to negatively impact my other lifts.

how is it bro science you retarded illiterate nigger?

>calling him illiterate
>he said bro silence, not bro science
maybe you're the illiterate one, friend

do you have the good ol' 'spergers?

i just like making dumb shitposts when im bored