Split Workouts

I checked the sticky and catalog but there was nothing in regards to split routines. So I'm pretty new to working out and I've seen workouts like pic related and I was wondering what your thoughts were on this type of thing. Would any of you recommend this to a newbie or does experience not really matter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xGsbwVeTtfk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9m0_14Ftw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Milk my skin scepter

full body 3x a week. you'll burn yourself out doing a 6 day split right now

This. The routine you posted is fine but if you’re a noob you’ll want to do something less frequent and full body for more gains

That's just PPL. Which is fine really better than a brosplit. If you can go 6 days a week without burning out then go ahead. So long as you are doing heavy compounds, eating right, resting enough and progressively overloading.

Really whats most important is following a routine you can stick with.

As a newbie you would be better off doing a generic 5x5 program. Read the sticky.

Scientific Principles of Strength Training by Chad Wesley Smith, Mike Israetel and Dr. James Hoffman.

I did that routine for the first year and half or that I lifted. Progress was very slow. Then again I ate like shit and didn't care about sleep, but still, noob gains should have been faster.
I recently went back to a modified version of that same split except with some 5/3/1 progression thrown in and it's working very well now that I have a better base and my progress is going to be fairly slow anyway.

I'll weigh in here OP. I got into weight lifting and immediately started with a six day split, much like yours, doing an hour each day. I'll say first that it's absolutely possible and if you can hang with it you'll see some sick gains, but six hours of exercise a week is really going to wear on you. You also have to eat a shit load. While I was doing it I was also walking/biking 5-10 (or more) miles a day, so you probably won't need as much, but I was eating, I think, 4000 calories and not putting on weight. A six day split is going to be really hard to stick to, for anyone, but especially for a beginner. The only reason I was able to do it was because I had to exercise everyday and it was one of the only things I could do for fun at the time, so I made it a hobby.

>4000 calories and not putting on weight
I do something similar to the OP's routine and spend about an hour and a half a day every day I go. On top of that I run two miles a day.
I'm 175 lbs and maintain at 2500 calories a day.
How the fuck were you eating 4000?

>bitchboysplit
>6 fucking days a week

this fucking retard right here.

This Novice/intermediate program is the best I've ever run.

The fist thing you need to know is: WTF are storm-rows? This is the answer:

3 days a week, Full Body training..

Day 1
Power - Push /OHP
Volume - Pull / Storm-Rows
Assistance - Legs / Leg-curls, Farmer walks, GHR, Ab-wheel

Day 2
Power - Legs / Deadlift
Volume - Push / Benchpress, Side raises
Assistance - Pull / Facepulls, Curls, Shruggs, Russian twists

Day 3
Power - Pull - Rack pulls / Chinups
Volume - Legs / Squats
Assistance - Push / Flys, Skullcrushers, front raises, side raises, wrist-work, rotator-cuffs
hanging leg raises.
Power = ramp sets to a 1RM or 2-3RM, then some backup sets of 5 reps.
Volume = No more sets than 5, reps can be 4 to 11.
Assistance = Reps are 10-25 depending on body part and soreness,. around 2-3 sets.

That is a perfect conjugated set up, my man!

>not abs every day

I weighed 200 lbs, did an hour of heavy lifting every morning, ate breakfast/showered/etc. for an hour, read for two hours, spent an hour eating lunch, another hour eating dinner, and a final hour before going to bed. The other nine hours of the day I was *literally* on my feet walking or biking, which, even just walking (my average pace was around three miles per hour) is over 2000 calories. Combined with my relatively high metabolic burn from being 20 and eight hours of sleep, ~4000 calories was a maintenance diet.

It was honestly annoying, because I was eating an entire batch of pancakes (no syrup or added sugar) with a double scoop shake post workout, stuffing my face with rice and chicken for lunch, and eating as much as I could at dinner but wasn't gaining weight.

>entire board has jumped on PPL routine
>lmao bitch boi 6d a week XD

youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9m0_14Ftw

>farmer walks
>legs

"No". Traps and forearms fail first.

Farmerwalks helps your deadlift. It stabalizes your core. It works your grip that day. It attacks your ass and calves. You can do farmer walks other days if you want too, also.

Maybe I should start doing more walking. I'd love to eat more than just 2500

Do farmer walks in a stair. Do lunges.

Best shit I've seen here for a while

Doesn't mean you can't hit some volume leg press on the same day. It doesn't work the prime movers of deadlift OR squat in terms of legs, neither hams nor quads. If farmer walks are your only leg movement it's practically an upper body day. You're training full body 3x/week you might as well at the very least do some extensions superset with ham curls if your glutes are too fatigued for squat variations/leg press

I do glute-ham-raises, leg curls, and farmer walks. Farmer walks really kills my ass and calves for some reason. I bend my knees a little bit, so they are kinda lounge hybrid I guess. Do farmerwalks by walking in slopes or stairs it is masterrace.

I own a pair of Adipowers so my quad moves consist of front, strict oly and belt squats. Don't really feel like re-inventing the wheel, my hypertrophy work for quads exists solely for the purpose of improving my PL-style squat so I might as well squat. For hamstring/glute hypertrophy I do ham curls, good mornings and deficit deadlifts. I don't ever isolate glutes, I just do lots of compounds for the prime movers and glutes get hit by both quad and hamstring work so there's no need to do glute bridges or kickbacks.

Walking up a slope carrying weight is pretty much a calf and glute exercise, so that's why your calves and glutes feel beat up. The combination of ankle extension (calves) and hip extension (glutes) makes up the entire movement, knee extension demands are very minimal and your quads will definitely have more in them. You'll find you experience the same effect in terms of leg training if you used a very heavy weighted vest.

I don't train quads, quad dominance fuck up my squats. (Knee travel)

I'm the exact opposite. I have strong hip mobility and even when doing highbar squats with a raised heel my knees don't track much because I'm good at hip abduction. I have a problem with doing good mornings with my lowbar maxes and getting out of the hole, so I haven't done lowbar in about a month now to work on fixing it.

Start with full body compound workouts 3 times a week.

There is no reason to work out 6 times a week if you are a noob, hell even experienced lifters don't need to do 6 times a week.

not an argument, triggered bitch boy.

>brings up what is and isn't an argument
>fails to even come up with ad hominem

1/10

>entire board
you mean the DYELs? yeah sure but why does it even matter? Real men can actually go through 2 hour fullbody workouts without running out of breath.

>only training 6 hours a week
>calling anyone out for not training enough

kek

>fullbody workouts

When will this meme die? Literally useless for aesthetics.