Honestly, what's the difference between 3x8 and 5x5?

Honestly, what's the difference between 3x8 and 5x5?

the amount of sets and reps

My dick vs ur dick

5x5-3x8=25-24=1
Hope that clears it up.

3x8 is better for hipertrophy

How and Why?

You get high reps while still keeping the weight heavy

you mean 5x5 is better for strength

More reps = more blood flow.

underrated

More reps during the set leads to more muscular fatigue, which theoretically should lead to more hypertrophy. Less reps means you should be able to use more weight, which should lead to more strength. But you'll get some of both from either method. Also I'm not a damn scientist, so maybe everything I just said is stupid.

kek

5x5 is more volume with higher weight, so it's better for both strength and hypertrophy, but takes like half an hour, where as 3x8 takes like 10 minutes

I'll humor you OP.

With 3x8, you'll have similar volume (total reps) in less sets. Great if you're pressed for time and just wants to get big and doesn't care that much about lifting heavier weights.

With 5x5, since you're doing less reps per set, you can go heavier. Drawback is you'll most likely need more rest in between sets to accomplish similar volume as 3x8.

One being better than the other really depends on what your goal is.

I just do a set a 3x5 for strength then a set of 3x8 for reps. Best of both worlds.

what you said is right, its better to mix them up

>24 reps at 8 rep weight is similar volume to 25 reps at 5 rep weight
what. 5x5 is more weight and more reps, therefore much more volume. And also takes much longer

1x1 at 1% max

shhh that's Mike P's secret

>Volume by total reps: oh wow 1 rep difference, what a big deal
>Volume by tonnage: 5x5 > 3x8

You're not wrong. But in my defense, I said VOLUME BY TOTAL REPS and used the word SIMILAR instead of SAME.

i let my pussy show when i'm lifting
people can see my pussy
and deffo smell it

Volume is repsxweight. Total reps is just total reps

well then show it to the bros on the 'ch0n

fuck

no i'll get in trouble
ok

You'll be surprised that there is actually a lot of ways to interpret volume.

how about you lower the volume on that whiny voice of yours

>Ad hominem
Here's your (You)

Can someone explain the difference between doing three sets of 0.333... and doing three sets of 1/3?

thank you and thanks for the bonus (You)

3x8 is easy hypertrophy work and 5x5 is moderate difficulty strength volume work.

thank you for saying thank you. we could do with more of that, here on the 'ch0n

what would be difficult hypertrophy work?

> being this stupid

The amount of total weight lifted, e.g 3x8 with 85kg is 2040kg, 5x5 with 100 is 2500

I do 5 sets of 10

Pretty much this.

is there anything wrong with doing say 12x5 or 10x5 when I have only 20 pound dumbells?

That's stupid

This dude mews.

Yeah, you're burning yourself out without getting the needed wear for hypertrophy.

If you only have 20lb dumbells, I would suggest doing more demanding exercises than just common curls and doing 3x8 or 3x12 as a last resource.

People can see my puss
I show my pussy when lifting
And they all smell it

Now its a haiku you faggot

>Not going 5x8

Lighter weight, so it isn't as hard on your CNS

>what would be difficult hypertrophy work?

More.

5x5 you would lift 75-80% of your 1RM for 25 reps, you lifted on average 1937.5% of your 1RM during this session
3x8 you would lift 70-75% of your 1RM for 24 reps, you lifted on average 1740% of your 1RM during this session

5x5 probably takes around 15-20 minutes to finish
3x8 probably takes around 5-10 minutes to finish

Not really user, total reps done in a training session is whats most important generally speaking. Its all about relationship between volume and your one rep max

I rewrote your post
In the form of a haiku
Then called you faggot

>total reps done in a training session is whats most important generally speaking
Number of hard (RPE 8+) sets/week if you ask me.

You must mean the summation of weekly sets×RPE

>Volume is repsxweight
prescriptivist autist insists

Love to see the same sourceless broscience being spewed here after all these years.

Kindly explain the difference then between 24x1 and 1x24

>Also I'm not a damn scientist, so maybe everything I just said is stupid.

This might be the only intelligent thing ever written on /fit