Dumbbell bench press v bench press for size

Dumbbell bench press v bench press for size.
GO!

depends what size you want. bench press uses more of your shoulders than db bench, but db bench will make your pecs look larger towards the center and give you bigger muscletits.

really all about what you want, if you're just trying to isolate the pecs, db press

DUMBELL PRESS
I. WANT. BIGGER. TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITS.

where do most people put their hands during bench? I feel like everyone Ive seen puts their pinky finger right on the inside of the band circle. That just seems so wide though

Arnold was not a foreheadlet.

Cheating on bench = easy
Cheating on DB bench = almost impossible

you force your weaknesses to be exposed and that's where you get size gains. Just remember to lower the weight.

>lower the weight
No

once you go over 100lbs dumbbells ROM suffers because the dumbbells are so wide.

Hammer grip DB press

this. Triceps get lots of love but the deep ROM also stretches the pecs. No stability issues, too. Truly the best way to DB press

Forced meme

You are a retard, why not do both?

I usually do a lighter bench first, then a little later in the workout do heavier dumbbell press. I can train to failure with the dumbbell press, whereas I can't for the bench (no spotter).

Drug a bench in the squat rack

I put my ring finger on the band circle

The narrower your grip the more you involve the shoulders over the pecs, brah

My gym only has one squat rack, unfortunately. And its a University gym, so its NEVER empty.

[spoiler]Ask for a spotter[/spoiler]

Other way around dummy.

I injured myself with dumbbell bench press and dumbbell rows, I only use dumbbells for biceps curls now, the rest barbell.

You mean triceps, not shoulders. Shoulders get worked regardless.

A wide grip takes emphasis away from your triceps by making the lock out easier. That puts more of the weight on your chest. I take a standard grip because I want everything to get worked.

It doesnt matter which one you pick. You still want to do chest isolation with a machine for maximal chest growth. Neither DB nor BB bench can work nor isolate the pecs to the same degree as a machine.

Chest is one of the few muscle were you need a machine for maximal growth

>Cheating on DB bench = almost impossible
Bring the DBs close to your body, which reduce the leverage.