Wanted to get into road biking

>Wanted to get into road biking
>good bikes are around the 2000$+ range
why is this allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQK4sb_t5Ug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cause old people, millennials and hipsters are willing to pay up to $12,000 for a decent bike.

How the fuck am I supposed to into biking when the prices are so ridiculous

Have rich parents if you are young, dedicate your entire life to cycling or make lots of money so 2,000 seems like pocket change.

Don't be silly now Lads. There is fantastic market in second hand bikes because lots of people buy expensive ones then sell them on after a year of then gathering dust.

Spend what you can afford, if you feel the bike is holding you back put money aside and save up for a better one. Keep an eye on the second hand market. Research, know you stuff and learn2save

CL or bikesdirect
just make sure it fits you
you do not need a $2K bike
it is likely you will never need a $2K bike
inb4 /n/ calls me a shill

steal one from an entitled manbaby. Very easy to steal and doesn't have any IDs on it you can't shave off.

You don't need to waste tons of money if you are just starting out. Just make sure it is sized well to you.

How can I tell if it's my size?

Great b8 m8 your really riled me up

Not to be rude my dude but if you don't know if a bike fits then I would strongly advise against buying the most expensive one in the shop. Pro tip ride lots and lots of cheap/modesty priced bikes. You will know what feels gd and fits right

THIS, just buy something in your price range. It's like buying a first guitar: you're not gonna make the most of an expensive one as a beginner.

You could also just build it over time as you find good deals on parts, like I did.

Get a mountain bike. Its more of a workout, and you'll find it a lot easier to go distances when you can afford a good road bike.

Op get a bike with 5800 direct from a manufacturer like bikes direct or similar, some of the big bike parts retailers have their own bicycles for sale like nashbar which work just fine for getting out and riding without your equipment limiting you. Direct from manufacturer you can get a perfectly serviceable 5800 bike for $700 or less.

some bicycle stores offer that service.

But If I bought it off a website I wouldn't know if It would fit

Yeah but you won't know if it fits you. I think getting a second hand bike is best bet.

That's why you should test ride any bike before you buy it dude.

bikes are typically sized by height and inseam
traditional frames are measured in cm or inches
more modern frames are S, M, L etc meant to fit a range of riders
for instance I'm KoM 5'10" with a 32" inseam and a 54cm frame usually fits fine

I think a beginner should just ride many bikes and get a feel for it. A good well fitted bike has an incredible feel that many beginners are surprised because they have been riding badly fitting bikes for so long.

Thoughts?

spend a bit more

more like pic related
if you hit $500-600 it opens up the used market significantly
many of those bikes will have much better frames, wheels and components
you can still find a perfectly serviceable used bike

Steal a bike retard

They're easy as fuck to steal the police don't give a shit theyre busy as it is

Gr8 b8 you really pissed me off

Wasnt trying to fag

nigger

Manbaby cuck

I wish I had friends I could cycle with

lol why do you think you need a $2000 bike? a $100 wal mart bike will do fine, and if you ride it enough to need a better one (hint: you fucking won't or else you'd already have a bike and know you are dumb) it would be worth it

serious advice, even though your dumb nigger ass doesn't deserve it: get on craigslist, buy a steel frame road bike from the 90s. They will last forever, and are barely worse than a new expensive fucking bike.

In fact, unless you want to compete, a $150 bianchi from craigslist will last you forever.

OI!
youtube.com/watch?v=WQK4sb_t5Ug

wish I could find the one of NYC hipsters beating the shit out of a junkie they caught
they're really pissed at him, like bike theft is a particularly egregious offence to them
it has this lady honking her horn and yelling for them to stop in a typical NY/Jewish accent, p. funny

I want to become a professional cyclist

get a second hand steel bike

Yeah maybe they can beat up a junkie but they'd be hospitalized by me

Oh ok just sit on your ass then until you can afford a bike in the multiple thousand dollar range. Then you can start working on the life long quest towards being a professional cyclist.

do you realize how retarded you are?

also, unless you have already started racing, you will never be anything more than a shitty amateur.

>I want to become a professional cyclist
you sure about that?

>babbys who can't shop for anything successfully
You don't need a goddamned race bike.
You get a bike with endurance geometry and a halfway decent component group, and you spend $1000-1500. Less if you're willing to accept a lesser component group.

Go find the /BBG/ thread in /n/.

Why does his right-cheek look normal?

Just stop being poor. Problem solved.

Nigga what happened here

only pins in the left one

TdF ain't for pussies

>be me
>wanna cut
>buy $500 dollar 7 speed
>not even a real road bike, it's a mountain road hybrid
>bike on some of the shittieiest roads in the nation
>works just fine