Atkins AKA Ketogenic AKA Low Carb diet

Cut out all sugar/breads/pastas, just eat meat, veggies, some dairy. Anyone have any experience with this diet? I tried it once when I was 15 and lost about 15 pounds. I tried it again recently and have dropped 25 so far, which is shocking because my calories are consistently way over. My skin also looks much healthier.

>If there is not enough glucose available to meet energy demands, the body will adopt an alternative strategy in order to meet those needs. Specifically, the body begins to break down fat stores to provide glucose from triglycerides. Ketones are a by-product of this process. Ketones are acids that build up in the blood and are eliminated in urine. In small amounts, they serve to indicate that the body is breaking down fat
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/180858.php

I got the urine test strips used by diabetics to test for ketones in your piss and I always test positive. None of my old clothes fit and everyone I see mentions how thin my face looks now and asks if I've got cancer or something since it happened so fast.

Main question is, what's with all the hate people give this diet? It's pretty sustainable and you drop a shit-ton of fat rapidly.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5056667/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3623938/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11533609
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7500065
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most people feel like shit in the first week because of Keto Flu and give up. Also a lot of people don't want to give up carbs.

>keto thread
inb4 a bunch of ignoramuses shitting on keto

Luckily I didn't know that was possible so thought I was actually sick. I'm ok giving up sugar, though I miss sweet coffee, but what I really miss is pizza crust and bread in general. Breads were my main staple before this. But it is worth the price to see the scale dropping so fast without even exercising, I feel like that movie Thinner.

Why do they hate it?

too bad it didn't make her breasts any bigger

Where's the ceiling on it? Will you literally just keep burning up your fat deposits until you have none left?

because it's a shit reddit entry level diet made for people with obesity, not fat-skinny fat people.

I must admit niggas have great insertions.

The body doesn't break down triglycerides to make glucose. It makes ketone bodies which is why it is supposedly "so effective". Ketogenesis (im mot sure if its the proper term in English) is one of the many metabolisms of the body, where you enter a state of ketoacidosis and that's why you can notice so many different changes in your mood, functioning, etc. Basically the brain can ONLY run on glucose, except if it's completely depleted of carbohydrates including blood sugar and glycogen, when it will start running on ketone bodies.

Your body needs a certain amount of fat to actually be alive, I'm sure your organs have the good sense to not eat themselves.

why

the keto diet isn't particularly good at anything. It isn't healthy and you don't lose weight as fast as other diets, the thing is keto is really easy to execute so it makes it attractive for low-intellect people with no knowledge of proper nutrition and dieting. Google the exact opposite of the keto diet (high carbs low fat) statistically it's healthier and loses you weight faster.

its perfectly healthy though

fat is a shit energy source mein negger, don't want to be a lifeless shrub fuck with fogged brain

You speaking from experience or just assuming?

you are stupid as h*ck, sweetie

Long term glucose deprivation is extremely bad for you and kills your brain cells and overworks your liver, the fuck are you talking about?

I used to do keto too, I thought it was a miracle diet, lost some decent weight but real weight loss comes from mild fasting, eating more nutritiously, intense cardio and muscle gain. I've been off keto for a few months and I feel a million times better because I'm not taking the lazy way out.

The cognitive boost you get from perfecting the shit out of ketosis (which is nearly impossible to do) only lasts a hair over a week anyway, because it's a survival mode and any loose tension in your diet will make your body get lazy with it.

For every pound of muscle you lose and extra 50 calories resting per day and an additional 50 working.

it is good if you are insulin resistant. PCOS women can use it successfully.

>it is good if you are insulin resistant

It's worse for insulin resistant people. Diabetes is a risk factor for heart disease so keto diet compounds that problem.

>Basically the brain can ONLY run on glucose, except if it's completely depleted of carbohydrates including blood sugar

That can't happen. If you had no blood sugar, you'd be dead.

>Instead of burning ebil glucose you burn fat
>Retard fatfuck believe it means he'll burn more fat thanks to this magic trick
>Don't realize that instead of relying on mostly dietary carbo he'll rely on dietary fat and the only fat he'll burn is the one needed to close the calories deficit gap

People get stupid with the word fat when describing ketosis

>the body will start breaking down fat stores to provide glucose

It makes it sound like on a ketogenic diet, your body ignores all the food coming in and goes right to using body fat for energy somehow. Your body starts breaking down fat because that's what you're eating. It doesn't tap into bodyfat unless you're at a calorie deficit, and in that case it's the same as any other diet regardless of the carb content.

It's dumb meme b.s. that draws in people who don't know any better. Damn Skippy I'm eating my carbs and whole grains to give me energy to go for a 2 hr bike ride, I'm not a fucking idiot

I have pcos, and no it's not. And yes Im fit with a 25 inch waist.

This
And this
By going keto you literally just fuck your ability to correctly handle glycogen & carbs , you become "carb impaired" which sucks for performance & recovery , most people don't see a difference because most people who go on it are fat fucker who never do any physical activity whatsoever , carbs are easier to use & require a bit less O2 , on top of not needing additional water before oxidation , even considering the fact that fat oxidation produce less Co2 it's still shit for aerobic performance and anything anaerobic REQUIRE carbs , so you'll be forced to go through stressful neoglucogenesis that could be avoided if you just ate carb like a normal human being .

what is your diet then?

it lets you essentially quit sugar cold turkey

if you don't know why this would be useful for some people then idk what to say

Most people aren't addicted to pure sugar , they're addicted to Sugary oil & Greasy Sugar , and the worst part of those product is NOT the sugar .

Couldn't you quit sugar cold turkey without swapping it for bacon and other shitty keto foods?

Or even better, don't quit sugar entirely and instead enjoy a variety of fruits. Keto just trades one bad habit for another instead of teaching the person how to eat a healthy, sustainable diet.

yeah dude, fat is evil. Just eat a diet of bread, potatoes, pasta and sugar. Let me know how it works out

>strawmans are cool

What's point in taking 2 comparison pictures, one using artificial lighting and the 'new' 'improved' using natural lighting?

you just fucking said that the only problem with sugary foods is the fat that they usually contain

A diet of sweet potatoes , bananas , whole wheat bread , veggies and one or two serving of fish a week couldn't be healthier and it would be 70%+ carbs 20% proton and 10% fat

>you just fucking said that the only problem with sugary foods is the fat that they usually contain
>ONLY

> and the worst part of those product is NOT the sugar .
>The worst part Isn't sugar
>Fat clogged brain extrapolate this as " sugar is not unhealthy"

so what's your basis for your claim that the fat is the worst part of those/all foods?

additionally, would you also claim that a diet consisting mostly of bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and sugar would actually be healthier than one that is mostly meat, nuts and eggs?

Note that the first diet is mostly carbohydrates, whereas the second diet would be very high in fat.

>Tons of calories
>Don't even refill your glycogen stores
>fuck up lipid profile

A diet made mainly of potatoes , whole grains , veggies & lean seafood would be way healthier than a diet of meat nuts & eggs ;

If you want to include Sugar on the high carb diet why wouldn't you include lard on the high fat one ? Both are processed shit .

>those forearms
What the fuck?

Insulin resistance is treated by limiting the cause of it - a high carb diet wouldnt work well for it. Not specifically keto, but any low carb diet, as well as a proper meal frequency, is what works well for it. I dont know if it may be anegdotal but i used it successfully. My bloodwork improved, and since i also have hypothyroidism i could see it lowered my TSH and increased T4 on my routine checks.

>Insulin resistance is treated by limiting the cause of it

Then you wouldn't want to eat a high fat diet. Fat, especially saturated fat, decreases insulin sensitivity. This is why obese people are frequently diabetic or pre-diabetic. A high carb diet, particularly a healthy one with a lot of fiber, would be a big help. You don't become better at utilizing glucose by avoiding glucose. The best thing you could do initially is to lose weight, but switching to healthy carbs is also good.

Can you eat carbs ?
Can you support potatoes / grains / fruits without needing exogenous insulin ?

If no you didn't fix shit , you just stopped relying on the carbs pathway . It's like letting your cars rust in the garage when it need repair , "If I don't use it it isn't broken"

>I'm diabetic and found that if I avoid carbs, I don't need to take insulin! It's like I'm cured of diabetes!
>"OH YEAH WELL CAN YOU EAT CARBS??? THEN YOU DIDN'T CURE ANYTHING

Jesus christ, fuck off.

good job , keep on ignoring the glycolytic pathway , I hope you never intended to do any kind of sports seriously because you won't really be able to eat carbs without ending up in an hospital soon .

He's not wrong. How can you say you cured your diabetes when you're still not able to eat carb-containing foods?

This is the common sense diet.

I've been doing it for like 4 weeks now and feel fantastic. I've been seeing the same results with my skin as well. Redness is completely gone and my skin is glowing.

I just eat chicken breast, vegetables, and something fatty like fish. Easy macros and stupid easy weightloss.

Old men dicks doesn't work anymore , he has 3 choice :
Choice 1: Find why is dick doesn't work & fix it
Choice 2 : Take Medication to make his dick work
Choice3: Stop using his dick .

Exogenous insulin is choice 2 , Keto is choice 3 , Clean high carb high fiber is choice 1

yes how dare he eat a diet that allows him to live a semi normal life and not feeling like shit all the time. I'm sure he's going to end up in the hospital and die because he's not stuffing himself with bread.

there is no cure for diabetes

>you either stuff your face with fat or you eat white breads
NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE , IT'S BEETUS OR HEART ATTACK .

Honestly this diet is only good for 2 reasons.

1. it removes most processed sugar and fat (exclude chesse and salami)
2. your appertite will go down, so you just consume less calories than you actually need to maintain.

There is no metabolic advantage is this diet and speaking of that, it actually does the opposide. It hinders your body from a faster weight loss. If you go the other road and do a high carb low fat diet, you see an actual metabolic advantage (thermogenesis, de novo lipogenesis). This stuff is well known by leading nutrion doctors but sadly there is no money to it. Simply eating potatoes will weaken meat/eggs and dairy industry, so they consistently push a diet where people consume high amouth of saturated fat, well above what we need or out body can handle.

Its actually funny how little knowledge people have about calcium that they think "cowmilk" is a good source of it. Water does the job way better but it cost much less to buy and produce it.

The amount needed is trivial

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5056667/

Thanks man for advice, im gonna throw away those avocados and get me some nice filling white bread
>tfw health can taste good too

This , People are afraid of the evil carby potatoes because they think of chips , fries & other trash , or most people eat them with a tons of butter / cream / cheese / cream cheese .
Potatoes are super cheap , high micro , good amount of fibers , low calories ( before you dump the mozzarella on it off course )

Sweet potatoes are even better , and on tops of that they're part of the less sprayed crops .

how to get calv forarms ?

Can you make a post that isn't a strawman?

You know why avocado are so loved in the low carb comunity ?
It's because contrary to the " fibers aren't carbs " those retard completely spout , it doesn't change the fact that most veggies fibers are partially or highly digestible and yield up to 2Kcals per grams .
The higher the carbs in a low carb diet , the healthier and happier the man will be , HOW STRANGE .

Ketogenic diet typically results in higher blood cholesterol

There are better ways to cut weight, ways that don't involve developing artherosclerotic plaque

for as mad as you seem to be over the diets of other people, I really wish you would post your physique so we can behold the beauty produced by a high carbohydrate diet

show these ketocucks what carbs are all about

Yeah but...you're wrong.

>fnarr

>My skin also looks much healthier.
Keto helped me get rid of my acne, that alone is worth it for me.

>Long term glucose deprivation is extremely bad for you and kills your brain cells and overworks your liver

Not trying to disprove you, but do you have a source for this?

>A medical report issued by the New York medical examiner's office a year after his death showed that Atkins had a history of heart attack, congestive heart failure and hypertension. It also noted that he weighed 258 pounds (117 kilograms) at death

I do, and it works great. Read the fucking sticky.

What's wrong with higher cholesterol if there isn't chronic inflammation in the arteries?

Higher risk of heart disease. What makes you think you don't have any inflammation either?

I'm saying if you have the right genetics for a higher fat diet, then going keto will lower chronic inflammation all over the body, including your arteries.
The reason cholesterol causes blockages is because of the chronic inflammation that is caused by a higher carbohydrate diet. The cholesterol is there to repair damage that never stops occurring. Am I thinking about this the wrong way?
Obviously, the stereotypical keto approach of processed meats and little veggie intake is retarted, but a keto diet based on real food is great for people that don't do well on carb based diets. I don't think that being keto all the time is a good idea though.

Because pizza and wheat is fucking delicious and people don't like being told something they don't want to do can work.

And that's based on nothing and scientifically inaccurate. Excess cholesterol on its own is inflammatory, nevermind the inflammatory nature of most keto foods.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3623938/

Cholesterol doesn't repair arteries. It's in a low-cholesterol environment that arteries can heal. As an example, here's a study where mice with high cholesterol developed severe atherosclerosis, and then just by transplanting the diseased artery into a mouse with low-cholesterol, the plaques dissolved.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11533609
The same is seen in humans who lower their cholesterol enough
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7500065

That is some retarded cuck shit right there in your head. Its completely individual, who has good or bad insertions.

Wew, I'm about to go down a rabbit hole. Thanks for the links. I'm at work so no time to read it all right now, and I don't have a comprehensive understanding of all the biochemical stuff, so I can't really debate you.

I believe that muscle is the Brachioradialis, a flexor at the pronosupination stance of the forearm, vertical dumb bell curls should muscle it up :)

Just when you read pro-keto websites saying stuff like "normally this is bad, but on keto it can't hurt you" take it with a grain of salt. I've even read articles about ketogenic diet induced diabetes where they try to spin it into a good thing that's supposed to happen.

How about dumbell rows? i kinda feel it there but im not sure if its the ideal builder. My forearms are only like 12 inches lel

>fat is a shit energy source
>calories per gram of fat
about 9
>calories per gram of protein or carb
about 4

>mein negger, don't want to be a lifeless shrub fuck with fogged brain
your hypocrisy is almost lethal

who's this semen demon?

I think what he meant is that fat isn't used eficiently for energy in intensive activities.

Seriously? Lurk the fuck moar

Anecdotal evidence.

High carb low carb day following day fasting blood sugar 118 next day 113

Then 2 days keto maybe 50 carbs

Fasting blood sugar 78

Gonna keep tracking with different level of carbs and see where blood sugar is at. First 2 scores were in ore diabetic range

*pre

More calories per gram but still less atp yield per seconds , truly the energy form of the untermensch .
they also try to make people believe that high cholesterol level are good and that it's all about "muh ratio" , shill that salt is good because it's the only way they can retain potassium & magnesium correctly since they don't consume carbs anymore , often shill that long steady cardio is bad .

Juice + Hammer curls x Infinity