Can anyone explain to me ? Why Indonesian seafarers not the one that discover Australia and make it a colony

Can anyone explain to me ? Why Indonesian seafarers not the one that discover Australia and make it a colony.

Attached: australia-location-map.jpg (2000x1193, 404K)

low iq

Not even the Australians want to live in Australia user

>Why Indonesian seafarers not the one that discover
>Indonesia
>seafarers
What?

can anyone explain to me how dutch explorers found papau new guinea, tazmania, fiji, new zealand, and missed australia?

Probably stoned :^D

You're kidding, right?

Simple: you're wrong.

2nd voyage doesnt count

Good thing Tasman discovered Tasmania on the first voyage then...

good thing i wrote that in my original post

HE MISSED
A U S T R A L I A

Landed in Western Australia first (some Dutch place names are still there) but WA is mostly desert so they sailed on. They went around the south, which is also desert (Nullarbor plain) then they must have sailed too far south and missed Victoria, the found Tasmania and all the other islands

>Tasmania isn't Australia
Cheap Chinese souvenir maker detected.

>discovering puerto rico is discovering continental America

>the Viking didn't discover Canada, only Newfoundland

correct

They most likely knew that Australia existed and had some contact with the Abos, evidenced by that some northern tribes had integrated a few Indonesian/Islamic customs into their lifestyle. But there was no profit to be made in Australia for the merchant kingdoms so it remained ignored. Mass-colonies are in general a money sink so only Europeans really bothered with them.

They didn't need to. All the resources Northern Australia could offer them were provided through trade with the local Indigenous Australians.

They didn't have enough criminals to dump in there

Australia is such a massive waste of space jesus christ

Coral reefs shipwrecked people

Colonies cost a shitload of money to establish so they better be god damn profitable.
Which Northern Australia isn't.

Attached: northern-territory-australia.jpg (620x379, 77K)

there's actually stories of old Dutch settlements located throughout the Australian outback