QTDDTOT

In love edn.

So. Are pre workouts worth the money? Are they any more effective than some black coffee before leaving for the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/
renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/
terra-nostra.pt/programa-de-leite-de-vacas-felizes
scribd.com/doc/150794916/The-Texas-Method-Part-1
scribd.com/doc/119574316/Texas-Method
pdf-archive.com/2015/09/16/beyond-531-jim-wendler/beyond-531-jim-wendler.pdf
fa68f6a5f58061b9090e-969cb379cc67059b5d8c03d344b65325.r5.cf1.rackcdn.com/Juggernaut_Method_2.0_Preview.pdf
scribd.com/doc/192081024/Greyskull-LP-2nd-Edition
richard-pye.talktalk.net/practicalprogramming.pdf
scribd.com/doc/116137335/The-Westside-Barbell-Book-of-Methods-by-Louie-Simmons
evilcyber.com/downloads/Strength and How to Obtain It - Eugen Sandow.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0McICOpmUn2LUNoX05kZ09sY1U&usp=sharing
mediafire.com/download/faxb536k9gdny4i/Becoming a Supple Leopard.pdf
fhs.mcmaster.ca/surgery/documents/atlas_hsa.pdf
cartercenter.org/documents/ethiopia_health/lecture/plain/nurse/LN_human_anat_final.pdf
youtube.com/user/clarence0/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Are pre workouts worth the money?
n
Are they any more effective than some black coffee before leaving for the gym?
y

don't forget your white bread in addition to the caffeine. and don't caffeine if you lift in the evening

How do I into big boy conditioning if the shitty meme gym I am forced to train at for the whole next year has never heard of sleds, prowlers and sledgehammers, let alone owns them? I reached a point on my farmers walks where I need to carry them for a mile for time to get the same benefits as I used to, and thats not really doable, neither is upping the weight to more than 40%bw per hand cuz old injury.

May have to find a gym that has what you speak of. May be further to travel to. But this life we lead is one of sacrifice. Make your choice Veeky Forumsizen

What are some healthy and easy to cook meals like fishermans's eggs? I don't know how to make pic related but it looks tasty

Any form of cardio is good enough as long as it brings your heartrate up for a decent amount of time.

Any tips to eat healthy while leaving on campus?
One part of my body that I hate his my thighs and glutes, should I be incorporating cardio into my routine? Should I lay back in deadlifts and squats?

When should/could you make a custom routine for yourself? ie: something like following GZCL method/olympic like catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

I appreciate your kind words but l will be in the literal middle of nowhere for work, and the next big guy gym which has what I need is an hour and a half BY PLANE

looks like there is no way out then. Might incorporate high rep fast paced bodyweight shit to somewhat soothe my hate for normal cardio

Pic relate is literally one of the easiest things you can cook ever. If you can't make that picture you should consider suicide.

Choose foods that are quick and convenient to prepare whilst being as healthy as possible.

Eggs are quick to fry up. Minced meat can also be fried up into Burgers. Frying in general. Then just buy fresh veg now and then to munch on. Baked beans. If you have microwave access there's quite a few things you can do with that like sweet potatoes.

Oats and milk. Doesnt even need to be heated or anything.

Go for the above type of options.
Personally when eating on campus, try your best to get foods that show the nutrition info. Guesstimating isn't a good habit imo

you don't know how to boil rice, steam broccoli or bake chicken breast? Fucking hell you're useless aren't ya?

Is this a decent PPL routine for a beginner? I work out at home and only have a bar, bench, squat rack, and leg extension. I've been working out 6 days a week.

I forgot to mention that I added in deadlfits for Day 2

Who's this guy? I know he has a youtube channel where he does heavy cleans, squats and deadlifts but I can't remember his name.

Harry Pl8er

Add lateral raises on day 1, add rear raises and pullups on day 2.
Add in some ab work on whatever day you want.

Am I the only one who thinks standard olympic barbells ate too thin to grip them optimally? I actually lift better with fatgripz or w/e because I can wrap my hand around them evenly and distribute the force like I want to, instead of focusing on pushing/pulling through that small stretch of my palm/fingers that a normal one touches. Hope I make sense here.

>inb4 jej u got hulk hands
nah, they are kinda big but in no way enough to cause the above

*are too thin

löl

ppl is trash for beginners

skelly here.

how do i fix my ridiculous squat form? this is at 45kg. i feel like i can go heavier, but obviously my ass keeps going up before the rest of my body

FrequentRepulsiveKronosaurus on gfycat

Ok.

i dont like broccoli
can i do asparagus instead

How much weight should I add if I'm gonna start doing weighted chin ups? Is 20lbs too much?

Get your own weighted vest

Ya, you'll stall fast going +29. Start with +5 and progress like any other compound lift.

Is being a ripped natty even worth it?

I'm just under a year of lifting and have made great progress but I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to start cutting soon. I feel like I'm going to feel small once I do and who the fuck sees you without a shirt anyway?

this is an idea I never even considered, thanks a bunch, ordering one as we speak. never owned one, should I just do standard cardio and bw stuff with it or do I need to pay attention to something?

I'll go for the oats and milk. I don't have a kitchen in the freshmen dorms.

Some faggot outlifted me in squats but he was only going to about 45 degrees and had a belt on, nonetheless I felt bad about his smug facial expression. When is the quarter-squatter extermination day?

>tfw weak skellington
>can only ohp the bar for 4 reps

how to increase ohp at such a basic stage? do i just keep eating and expect it to improve quickly because noob gains and nutrition or should i do extra shoulder exercises to supplement it at such an early stage (still on first week of SL)

right after penis inspection day

When do abs start to show? Feel like my body is developing everywhere but my abdominals

I fucking hate this too, nothing’s worse than they guy next to you loading up twice your weight and then 1/16 squatting it

You should find your own sweet spot of not being fat nor small. Depends on your goals, but athletic 12-15% looks bretty good with and without a shirt (it should be a pretty tight one though).

It will improve quickly, don't worry, it must have been quite a shock for your body because irl you don't really lift heavy things over your head.

When you reach about 15% bodyfat, but it varies from person to person. Do you train your abs directly (not only squatting and deadlifting)?

I don't get how one can be this stupid, do they not see the depth difference or just don't care?

thank you helpful user :)
also another thing - is it alright to arch your upper back slightly when OHPing? My lower back was completely neutral. I was having to do that during the latter reps and was wondering if its better to just not lift if you cant keep your back 100% straight or if that's ok

Guys, I'm stuck at not being able to do more than 6 chin-ups.
I'm generally weak af, but other exercises progress somehow, while with those motherfuking chin-ups I've been stuck for at least 2 months, with some bit better or bit worse days. I'm totally out of breath after 6-7 chin-ups and almost feel like passing out.

Doesn't make sense, the thicker the bar the more strength you need to hold it. How much weight are we talking here? I'm pretty sure 4pl8 deadlift would be super hard with fatgripz. Maybe it's the roughness of the bar that makes it uncomfortable for you?

Maybe try some goblet squats to get to know the feel of staying upright.

It's quite necessary to get into the proper position, I think OmarIsuf made some videos on that topic. It's actually one of the cues fot that lift - "chest up". But you should do that before every rep.

Lose weight

Bodybuilders who are ripped as fuck but weigh like 120 kg off season cant do many chins at all, it is all about bodyweight

i have severe case of t-rex mode. when doing exercises like v-sit or leg drops my legs practically pull me into sitting position, unless i extend them over my head or hold some dumbbells. it's also very hard to keep my back flat to the floor, even though i work out my abs frequently.

what would be the best way to correct this? do i have to do some work to make my legs leaner, or just focus on some upper body mass building exercises?

Any pressing, any squatting, sub-3pl8 pulling (after which I strap up anyway because of an unrelated injury). I just like how I can grab it fully like a strongman axle and push/pull with my whole hand instead of awkwardly doing it through a cm of my palm if that makes sense. Maybe I am just autistic and/or DO have hulk hands after all.

unless i extend my arms, i meant

How long is your hand? Sounds pretty autistic desu, iIn pushing movements I could understand, because it may be easier on your hands because pressure is lower, but if you grip correctly then in pulls I see no reason for it to be easier with fatgripz.

I broke my arm as a kid and now when i do any arm exercises that are strenuous on the forearm it "locks up" or feels like all the muscles get really solid and start to hurt.
Any way to ease this?

i get that on various muscles despite not having a broken limb.

i would suggest lower load with gradual progression and flexibility training.

definitely dont care, I see guys at my gym hardly breaking parallel with 4pl8, challenged one of them to an ATG-off once (we are distant family so it wasnt that awkward), he unironically cried like a bitch with 180 pounds on his back.

roughly 18cm wrist to tip of middle finger (too lazy to convert to murrican), been told thats above average for my general build but acceptable. oh well, I dont really care, just wanted to know if I am the only one who feels that way kek

does cooked chicken weigh differently than uncooked chicken or is it so small that i shouldnt worry

or meat in general ^^

anyone has some "green" smoothies to share? sometimes I dont feel like or dont have a proper way to introduce veggies into my meals so why not just blend and drink it for all those micronutrients.

>Are pre workouts worth the money?

Make your own:
Creatine and Beta Alanine are dirt cheap and they work. Mix it with some gatorade powder for the quick carbs and electrolytes and go to town.

As for buying an off the shelf product? I wouldn't. Most of them are under-dosed and over-priced.

why not just drink coffee and eat a banana

Is there any cheat sheet of how much volume each body part needs per week? (chest, legs, tris, bis etc.)

for natties, of course.

I drink a metric shitload of caffeine anyway so the coffee does nothing for me personally. Further I do notice improved performance on higher rep (8-12) sets when I take creatine and beta alanine ~1 hour before hand vs when I don't.

If coffee and a banana works well for you then by all means continue. My point is more that buying an OTS preworkout is a waste of money vs making your own, not that you have to use those supps.

Kinda related, anybody got the DIY preworkout infographic I saw floating around here a while ago? I have creatine, beta alanine, taurine, caffeine and citrulline malate in handy powder form, but am a dumb meathead who doesnt want to kms with too much or waste money and time by using too little. If nobody has it, a simple optimal mg/kg range for the above would suffice.

Gymbro is trying to shill for Jacked Altius, which has all of those, but I kinda dont like it.

but why yes, of course renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/

Sorry for spamming I posted in some other threads but got no reply. Anyone got the word on intense headaches setting in during exercise? Started randomly in the middle of my squat set 4 days ago and now comes back whenever I do anything more intense than a few pushups. From what I've googled seems to be called an "exertion headache" but no real sources on what can help prevent them etc. I have a doctors appointment in about a week but I'd like to get back to training asap

Is getting a V taper look genetic or are there exercises and getting to low body fat the best way to achieve this

>powdered caffeine

I've avoided buying this because I worry about the bitterness fucking with the flavor of my DIY pre-workout.

How is it?

drink the whole pot
youre right about making your own pre-workout though, its just people should try the banana + coffee combo first

It'll depend on your hip structure. If you've got wide hips you'll look better bearmode.

Otherwise yeah, just grow a big back and chest and stay as lean as you can.

eh, the taste is somewhere in between used grandma panties and literal poison, but easily masked by putting the finished product in something flavored (or adding maltodextrine, which I do anyway)

>drink the whole pot

I'm a french press fag so a whole pot is only ~2.5 cups of coffee.

Guess I could try to get into cold brewing though.

who's the qt that has the link for the pdf of justin lasceks 70s big lp?
ive got the texas method part 1 and part 2 only

Thanks.

As long as it's easily masked I'm not so worried.

Really didn't want to have Blue Gatorade and Used Grandma Panty flavored pre-workout though.

Generally speaking, if I don't lose much strength during a cut, that means that I'm not cutting too fast and burning all my muscle, right?

Short of weekly BF% testing that'll be your best metric of how much muscle you've retained, yes.

I bet theres a fetish for that topkek

but yeah, at fairly conservative doses its not that bad and if you use like 400-600mg you have bigger issues anyway

myproteins one is like 13 euro right now on sale kek, I got it and it's not bad. First time getting pwo tho

Cool, thanks

What should I replace Pendelay Row with?

regular barbell rows(bend till bar is at your knees level or bit below)

I probably have bigger issues but I guess I'll suffer though tinge of old lady snatch for them glorious heart palpitations and squat PRs.

Why would you replace Pendlay rows?
Also, weighted pullups.

Where did you buy them powders? Myprotein has scoops and instructions on the baggies so I know and remember all the dosage instructions. Excellent combo though, exactly the same as mine.

godspeed m8. any help on the infographic/mg per kg for each component problem of mine? I really dont want to overdo this, and this is coming from a guy who snorted taurine for a bet with the lads.

local supp shop, copped in bulk for dirt cheap but because of that they are just small baggies with the ingredient stamped on and thats it. gimme those myprotein recommendations pls, on the off chance they may be a bit low (I heard they usually are for MP stuff)

I dose 4g of Beta Alanine and 5g of Creatine at ~100kgs bodyweight. I don't think I've ever even seen the infographic you're referring to but I'd be interested as well.

I do 6g at 105 so that should work. 4g BA is noted. any sides? tingly hands and such?

yeah it was a neat little pic, had a few more ingredients I dont care for and safe doses, effective doses, and risky but doable doses listed. been searching for ages now.

I'll start to feel the tingling after a few sets but I'm told that's fairly normal and nothing to worry about.

yeah thats normal, I meant the hard and painful buzzing you get from higher doses. so 4g dont give that yet, nais. now to get recs for the rest of my powder

thanks m80

>be baby
>drink a shit load of breast milk to grow
>be human
>why not drink a shit load of milk to also grow?

Veeky Forums ?

>literal gains juice that is potent enough to grow a bull
>not something I should be drinking if I want to be big and strong like bull

plz explain

>Flared ribcage

Will lying on my front on the floor fix this?

I'm gonna do SS, but I'm far too fat to be eating at a surplus (I want to look good).

Instead I'm gonna do it at a 1000 caloric deficit. Is that a good plan/healthy/safe? Plus how much protein should I be eating daily, is 1.5g per lb a good rule of thumb while cutting?

BTW yes I did read the sticky but I'm concerned because a lot of people say it's useless/retarded/I'll be wasting my noob gains if I do SS while not eating 3000+ calories a day.

1000 calorie deficit is probably excessive unless you're morbidly obese. Stick to ~500 and you'll stall later and reap more of those sweet novice gains.

low body fat will make you look great and boost your confidence to astronomical heights.

just keep at it. tricep accesory work will help with the 1st movement of getting the bar up but ohp is known for being hard.

genetics if you have wide hips you wont get it

is there any proper intermediate routine that focus on building strength but also has enough volume to enable muscle growth too?

Best I've found so far is The Juggernaut Method.

5/3/1 is too light trash
TM is so bad the people who initially promoted it now say it's garbage
Sheiko is probably okay if you want to powerlift.

Thanks, but I think I'll do go with 1000 caloric deficit if that's not harmful. I'm not obese but I wanna get to really low BF because I have a lot of gut. I'd rather be not so strong but have a 6-pack than be absurdly strong but with a beer belly.

Is Soy Protein okay or will it fuck with my hormones?
Saw some protein Oats the other day but decided against it since the side of the box said it was soy

any portuguese bro here? is this really true? terra-nostra.pt/programa-de-leite-de-vacas-felizes

tl;dr cows are outside the whole year and their diet are the herbs in the island

I fucking love milk and would drink a liter daily but I'm scared thanks to those fucking vegan shills

Unless soy is 90% of your entire diet, it doesn't do shit to you hormones

Put this in the last thread but didn't get an answer, any medfags help pls

I'm two and a half weeks into EC stack right now and it's working great, no issues to report of, but starting two nights ago I noticed a gurgling sensation in my chest cavity, like gas or something was bubbling up beneath my heart and around my solar plexus. No pain, not at all, and it's faint, but I wanted to see if it would go away and it's continued to today. Is this the ephedrine or the guaifenesin causing this? How concerned should I be? I talked to my nurse buddy about it and he said he's never heard of chest gurgling being a symptom of heart issues but I'm still concerned.

Any other anons feel this on an ec stack? Is it normal? Has one of my heart valves exploded and is gurgling blood into my chest cavity? Am I going to have a heart attack? Again, no pain, not even much of an elevated heart rate. Just the feeling of bubbles/gurgling in my chest.

don't want to be that annoying dude but the PDF I have (took it from the 70s big threads pastebin that were around for a while) is incomplete

do you have the real deal?
in return have these

The Texas Method Part 1 - Justin Lascek
scribd.com/doc/150794916/The-Texas-Method-Part-1

The Texas Method Advanced - Justin Lascek
scribd.com/doc/119574316/Texas-Method

Beyond 5/3/1 - Jim Wendler
pdf-archive.com/2015/09/16/beyond-531-jim-wendler/beyond-531-jim-wendler.pdf

The Juggernaut Method 2.0 - Chad Wesley Smith
fa68f6a5f58061b9090e-969cb379cc67059b5d8c03d344b65325.r5.cf1.rackcdn.com/Juggernaut_Method_2.0_Preview.pdf

Greyskull LP 2nd Ed. - John Sheaffer
scribd.com/doc/192081024/Greyskull-LP-2nd-Edition

Practical Programming for Strength Training - Mark Rippletits
richard-pye.talktalk.net/practicalprogramming.pdf

The Westside Barbell Book of Methods - Louie Simmons
scribd.com/doc/116137335/The-Westside-Barbell-Book-of-Methods-by-Louie-Simmons

Strength and How To Obtain It - Eugene Sandow
evilcyber.com/downloads/Strength and How to Obtain It - Eugen Sandow.pdf

The New Encyclopaedia of Modern Body Building - Arnold Schwarzenegger
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0McICOpmUn2LUNoX05kZ09sY1U&usp=sharing

>Mobility, anatomy, etc.

Becoming a Supple Leopard - Dr.Kelley Starrett
mediafire.com/download/faxb536k9gdny4i/Becoming a Supple Leopard.pdf

Atlas of Human Skeletal Anatomy - Juraj Artner
fhs.mcmaster.ca/surgery/documents/atlas_hsa.pdf

Human Anatomy and Physiology - Literally Ethiopian Tier lads
cartercenter.org/documents/ethiopia_health/lecture/plain/nurse/LN_human_anat_final.pdf

youtube.com/user/clarence0/videos

is there something more you can do on rest days?
i do 30 minutes of cardio on rest days and always feel like i want more shit to do.