Best 3-day workout for hypertrophy for natty people

Best 3-day workout for hypertrophy for natty people

Full body workout, SImilare to SS, but:
-Rows instead of powerclean
-More volume for the upper body, ad one set or two with higer repetitions
-Curls on the day youre not doing chin ups
-Chest isolation for the day youre not benching
-Deadlift is optional and can be replaced with BB rows,
-Deadlifts can replace squat, once a week, to reduce leg volume(for you bros out there)

You wont get the results you want for hypertrophy lifting 3 days a week.

You just can't get the necessary volume in for every muscle group and also train well.

The whole minimalist training is the biggest bull fucking shit the internet has ever come up with. People have honestly convinced themselves that they can get great results with minimal input.

t. 7 year lifter who fell for the "minimalist" training bullshit for several years.

Whats dumb is that if you talk to most fit gymgoers IRL, not many of them did SS/SL. They just did 4-6 day splits.

The difference between splits and full body is non existant when you equate for the volume. You will get the same amount of volume with both programs due to difference in frequency(Brad schoenfeld made some studies comparing the two). Unless you go to the gym 6 days a week for a split. Which is not what OP wanted.

And ive personally gained a lot of muscles on full body workouts. Theyre not minimalistic, unless you do the old version of SS. Which is stupid for aesthetics.

I'm not saying you can't do full body. I actually do full body, and I lift 6 days a week. WHY? Because I need more sessions to actually get enough volume for everything I want done.

I literally train arms/traps/calves 4 times a week because I fell for the fucking retarded shit of only training the big muscle groups often (chest/back/quads/hams/glutes) so now I have my Veeky Forums muscles groups training frequency/volume at maintenance, and my other normie muscle groups at a high frequency/high volume setting.

I'm not asking what the best hypertrophy program is, I'm asking what the best 3-day hypertrophy program is, it doesn't matter if it's not as effective as a program with more frequency.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Unless you have the training stamina of a god you wont get enough volume for every muscle group. Shit is going to suffer.

You have to basically choose what you want to suffer, or what you want to get better.

If your lifting on the 3 days consists of 3-5 heavy compounds, your isolations are going to be horrible, and you wont be able to get any kind of real training done for your "aesthetic" muscle groups. On the other hand if your routine focuses too much on the isolations for the "aesthetic" muscle groups, your main lifts will suffer.

This is why having minimal days in the gym sucks cock for hypertrophy. At least with 5-6 days a week you can do your big boy lifts well, and do your isolations well, because you're going into them fresh everytime, and not just doing them at the end of your sessions where the effort is not even worth actually doing the sets because you're so fucking tired.

Also, what you're asking for doesn't exist.

If you ask for a 3/day week routine you're going to get a routine that is

1. Full body routine focusing on volume from only compound lifts that will 100% neglect isolations (hello baby arms, no traps ,etc)

2. A low frequency split with not enough volume (hello perm-dyel status)

>If your lifting on the 3 days consists of 3-5 heavy compounds, your isolations are going to be horrible, and you wont be able to get any kind of real training done for your "aesthetic" muscle groups.

I get great gains on my "aesthetic muscle groups" with full body, 3 times a week. i do 4 compounds and 2-3 isolation exercises, each session. I really dont see the issue with it at all.

Just go for the pump when you do isolation exercises.

How does your routine look like?

Fair enough, you can train the following with compound lifts.

>chest
>back
>quads
>hamstrings
>glutes
>front delts
Tell me how you train isolate the following muscles in just 6-9 sets in total.

>triceps
>biceps
>rear delts
>side delts
>calves

Pro-tip; You don't.

A
3x5 Squats
3x5 OHP + a 4th set of 8
Rows 4x8
Chest isolation 3x8-15
Curls 3x8-15

B
Squats 3x5
Bench press 3x5 + 4th set of 8
DL 1x5 (sometimes replaced with BB rows3x8-10)
Chin ups 3x5 + 4th set of 8
Lateral raises 3x8-15
Hanging leg raises 3x8

Sometimes i throw in reverse curls on day B to train extensors of the forearm, and i do calves whenever i feel like it.

The reason i dont do DL, sometimes, is due to my work. Its very physical.

Literally no volume

>b-but muh weekly volume

Your weekly volume is still pathetically low.

I dont need to isolate the triceps, theyre growing well from 12 sets a week. If i felt like i would need more i would add 1 extra set of isolation twice a week. Rows also train the long head of the triceps to some extent.
Biceps is easy
Rear delts is trained by chins and rows.
Lateral raises is enough for side delts.
Calves i do whenever

see

>Your weekly volume is still pathetically low.

Then why is it working so well? Im not a full body fundamentalist, i wouldnt mind to do a split, but i dont want to train more than 3-4 times a week. And this works so well. Ive went from a skinny lanklet to people commenting about how much muscle ive gained.

I like your routine bro, can you post a current body pic? I wanna see what results I'm going to get.

If you do this 3 times a week ABAxx BABxx why don't you do deadlifts instead of squats on the second day?

I do it every second day AxBxAxx/BxAxBxx

And i do a lot of lifting in my work, so i drop deadlifts sometimes to save the spine, and the stress.

Reeves classic physique
Squat – 3 x 8-12
Barbell/Dumbbell Row – 3 x 8-12….Deadlift – 3 x 5* see note
Behind the Neck Press – 3 x 8-12
Bench Press – 3 x 8-12
Barbell/Dumbbell Curl – 3 x 8-12
Dips – 5 x 10 @ BW (bodyweight). Try for sets of 10.
Barbell Calf Raise – 3 x 15-20
AB work
Perform M-W-F
**On Friday drop BB row and do 3×5 deadlifts** Deadlifts are to be done Reg Park style. 2 warmup/ 1 heavy work set.

Does as/sl really work? I'm 145 smelly with a lil bit of a belly. 32 waist

*ss

>3 day
>Hypertrophy
Pick fucking one

need at least 4 amirite?

I'm currently training every other day so some week is 3 time/week while other are 4 time/week.
I'm also always sticking to a workout under 90min.

Did I fell for the overtraining meme?

If you do SS and want aesthetics then do thisIf you dont want big legs, more of a brostyle then only do 2 sets of squats, each workout.

If you do a program, and eat and sleep right, you will experience gains.

If you don't do a program, and eat and sleep right, you will experience gains.

If you do a program, you will be forced into a structured lifestyle and to strategically push your limits.

If you don't do a program, you will not.

Pick your choose

Nope, if youre doing a full body workout then you need 48 hours of rest between workouts.

But it doesnt matter what program you do as long as you train each muscle 2-3 times a week with enough volume. The good thing with full body workouts is that you get a lot of results compared to the time spent in the gym.

Go heavy every time, that's basically it.