Is there a reason why I see alot of people benching heavy using suicide grip...

Is there a reason why I see alot of people benching heavy using suicide grip? Is there a real reason or is this just a coincidence?

They secretly want to die

>keep on pushing suicide away
>always comes back
>keep trying
>gets heavier
the cycle continues

grip strength baby

femanon here!

I once tried this bench press and dropped the bar with ALL the weights on it! Thank goodness for my big boobies, it just bounced up!

I don't lift for girls i lift to be able to bench a lethal amount of weight.

All them 15 pounds on each side?

Is there any advantage in using this grip or it's just a thing to show off?

makes it easier to hold the bar correctly (in a straight line with your forearm)

It works your arms more

Your are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You either chronically fuck up your wrists or risk an injury.

My answer - don't lift heavy, use the ergonomically correct "suicide" grip. Knowing 1 Rep Max is for fat power lifters and autistic boys.

For me it's easier this way for mind-muscle connection, i can focus better

i find it comfortable
if you're worried just bench in a squat rack with safeties set

It's actually not as dangerous as it seems, you can easily lift heavy weight with it and you get used to it pretty fast. The reason to use it is because you can hold the bar at a lower part of your palm which makes it less stressful for your wrists compared to the regular grip where you usually hold with the upper part. If you put your palm into the position you bench with you'll see that if you place the bar on the upper part of your palm there is nothing below it, which will stretch your wrist and eventually cause you pain. On the other hand on the lower part of your palm there is your forearm directly below which won't cause the wrist to stretch and cause you pain.

Before using the suicide grip I occassionally had to take a two week break from presses, because my wrists would hurt too much (this was when I benched only 80kg). After switching to suicide grip I've never had any sort of wrist pain and I currently use it for all my presses with the bar, including bench and OHP. I also never dropped the bar and I never feel like it will drop or fear for my safety. I told several of my friends about it and most of the switched to using it, so far no accidents and it's been around 2 years.

titpics please

Jason Blaha?

>grip strength
False grip is literally just a way to compensate for lack of wrist mobility.

>muh repetitions
Neck yourself, my man

Suicide grip is GOAT for OHP

It's suicide for bench press

>tfw thumb hurts when doing regular grip for bench and OHP

i do thumbless grip on rows and pull-ups sometimes. it takes away some of the bicep involvement.

so when benching/pushing, maybe there is a slight difference and they think it feels better

the weight should never be on your fingers. the bar should be along the thumb. so many people complain about wrist pain when benching or doing OHP when it's so obvious they're putting all the weight on a bent wrist

Unironically this.

You will never see that nerdlinger lifting 1lb 1000000 reps be larger than anyone lifting heavy

kys rping fgt

Even if I dropped my 15 rep max on my chest I could get a serious injury.