Blood pressure

So 2 months ago I went to my doc to for a general checkup and my blood pressure was 140/90. My doc told me to lose some weight (even though I was not that fat) because my blood pressure is too high. I'm a very active lifter and a powerlifter. I'm 18 y/o and I weighed 215lb at 5,10 back then.

So I been dieting down to lose some weigh for those past 2 months and I lost 18 pounds. 2 days ago I went to my doctor again to check my BP and it was surprisingly 160/90.

My diet is very healthy. I do not eat salt at all.

One change that I did since my last doctor visit is that I've been going xtra hard in the gym. I would come to do cardio and semi-heavy deadlifts on my off days to burn some calories.

Is my lifting routine too harsh on my body? Am I lifting too heavy? I'm worried about my health. I'm making an appointment to a cardiologist soon to get some confirmation.

Thing is that I was kind of nervous before the blood check at my doctor. Could this have caused my blood pressure to temporarily raise at that time?

le natty bump
need help bros

Try going vegan for a bit, see if that works.
T.family had high blood pressure so now everyone is semi vegan

Either you are too tired or you need to do some cardio. Do everyday half a hour some cardio.

Do more cardio.
Legit. Do your fucking cardio. It will get your blood pressure and heart rate down.

little confused by this
>not that fat
>I'm 18 y/o and I weighed 215lb at 5,10 back then.

so what do you weigh now?
estimated bf%?

not eating any salt is probably bad for you, salt in moderation is required to live

doing cardio should be a normal part of everyone's fitness, only a true idiot buys into the cardio kills gains meme.

around 15% right now at 196. I still probably get my salt intake from seasonings.

Also
I do shit tons of cardio. I do cardio everyday for 35 min. Even on my off days.

Blood pressure:

supplement magnesium if deficient
cardio to lower it up to 5-10 mmHg
get a holter to monitor your BP throughout the day and night to properly diagnose if you actually have BP (get a proper cuff, adjusted to your fat arm)
lose weight (most important factor here, losing 25 pounds or 10kg can lower your BP for up to 10mmHg or even more based on population studies)

Aim to have it between 120-140/80-85

thanks. I ordered mine yesterday.

>I do shit tons of cardio. I do cardio everyday for 35 min. Even on my off days.
Treat your cardio like you do your lifting. Aim to make those endurance gains, fitizen.
Fish oil
Magnesium
Eating salt in moderation isnt bad for you.
See a doctor.

My 13 year old cousin unironically shared that from some kekistan memes facebook page

kekistan is the new anonymous

I can imagine you squeezing my butt and kissing my neck.at the same time while telling me "i love you". You wont have any problems impressing the one you like. Go for it. U can do it.

how's your sleep? sleep apnea causes very high blood pressure. You're young and sleep alone most if not all the time I bet, so it's probably unnoticed. What's your sleep schedule like?

only if you are in london
i put fitness and health over everything so my sleep is very good too even though I have slight insomnia, I make sure that I get 9+ h of sleep every day, even when it's school time.

you're a bit bulky for your height, do you take naps at all during the day? suggest it to your doc, he might get you in for a sleep study if your insurance covers it, at least you'll rule it out. If that's not it, then you're gonna have a rough time with essential hypertension, because I'm assuming he checked your hormones, and that leaves no other causes in your differential.

Blood pressure is genetic. I inherited low BP from my mom an it's like 90/50 normally. I'm running test, tren and Dbol right now and it's still somewhat bellow the normal range.

No I do not take naps throughout the day and I havent checked my hormones.
You could be right. My aunt has insane BP and takes pills.

your doc should have run a hormone panel, follow his lead. Only thing you can do if it's essential hypertension is just take your meds, exercise and eat healthy, don't stress over anything and be happy, or it's gonna be short and painful life for you my friend.

Lots more info needed, which your doc should have access too. Rest of your vital signs, how aboit orthostatic vitals? any meds u take, family history, u have any anxiety?, rest of diet? How much u drink every day, etc. Need full physical, maybe check most recent labs to see if any effects of ur BP on other systems but highly unlikely given your age and fitness level.

Cardiology appt would be good but youre young bro no worries.

this. At the end of the day though, you're gonna have to take care of yourself anyways, might as well start now and get into/stay in the habit of living healthy.

This only made me more stressed. Thanks.

I checked my blood and pee too and I'm fine.

Thanks broski

Have you taken your blood pressure outside of a clinical environment like at home while totally relaxed?

Do cardio.

Nope, but I ordered the cuff machine yesterday for that reason.

ecks dee sorry my dood

Look up concentric vs. Eccentric hypertrophy of the heart. I remember learning about this during my undergrad, basically if you only ever do strength training your heart walls will thicken, causing the chambers to be compressed and therefore cause more pressure. Basically the only way to fix this is to do more cardio which is supposed to cause eccentric hypertrophy (chambers get larger). Might not be the problem but you should ask your doctor about this.

Pharmacist here sounds like you're just genetically disposed to it

I had the same problem and dropped my BP around 30 systolic mostly by changing diet

How much salt/sugar/saturated fat you eating?

sodium - around 1000mg per day
Sugar - not to much, like 60g mostly from fruits.
Saturated fat - I eat 3 medium sized full eggs a day, and some coconut oil that I use to cook chicken. ( not sure if coconut oil contains much saturated fats though.)

30g of sugar * per day.

Doesn't sound that bad, daily guidelines are around 6g/40g (added sugars)/20g

Any family history of cardiovascular disorders?

Have you made any lifestyle changes to reduce overall stress

My aunt has a very high blood pressure. Mom has super low BP.

Also no. I think I might have anxiety. There is not much I can do about it though.

There's something called "white coat hypertension" which is when BP rises due to the anxiety of having your BP checked.

Normally we would only account for 5 points +/- but if you are of that disposition anyway, it could be moreso

Have you considered buying your own BP monitor and testing yourself at home daily?

Also in my case reducing stress had a big impact on my BP, thoroughly recommend finding to truly relax everyday whether that be reflecting on your day or mindfulness meditation etc

kek. don't listen to him OP, he thinks undergrad education is legitimate. hypertrophy and dilation of ventricular chambers are always pathological.

yeah, this is nearing hypertensive urgency levels, unless he worked out right before walking into the doctors office and then getting white coat syndrome maybe.