Body weight training results

Is this physique possible using only your body weight or am I just wasting my time.

I want a balanced body and I'm afraid I'll become one of those chicken legged bicep bros if I use the machines at the gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ILC7wIYfyls
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why are you aspiring to get the body of a fucking anime character? weebs will never learn. You can make gains on a bodyweight program so make a realistic goal and start working

You can achieve his hair results with creatine quite easily.

this. IMO, body weight programs yeild the most aesthetics, tho you'll never get "big"

Dude, don't be that guy.

But yes, you can get a good physique from doing a proper calisthenic workout.

One of my friends from uni has been doing purely callisthenics for about 4 years now and he looks great. As with any sort of workout, you need a good routine, good diet, and fucking commitment.

If you're coming to Veeky Forums to ask if following a madeup routine from a fucking anime is going to work you probably don't have what it takes.

>and I'm afraid I'll become one of those chicken legged bicep bros if I use the machines at the gym.
Thats ironic. Becuase bodyweight workouts lacks progression for legs and lower back.
People need to stop thinking you can only do one thing, like its either one or the other. Lifting weights aids bodyweight exercises, and can work the parts which get neglected wth bodyweight only training. There is a really good synergy, so why chose to only do one? Stop thinking in so black and white terms

I don't follow the routine. I was just asking if it is possible to get a similar body using only your own weight or if I need to use machines/weights.

Don't yell at me for shit I'm not doing.

Really? But racing cyclist have muscular legs, is that from training with weight and not the biking?

The long distance cyclist do a tiny bit of strength exercises, And their legs looks a lot bigger then what they really are because they are usually short, and their upper bodies are skinny. Pluss they train many hours, everyday.

You can do bodyweight only training and get really good results, and maybe lack a bit strength and mass in the leg compartment, Or you could implement some strength exercises into your bodyweight program and get those results faster, with less or no imbalances between upper and lower body.

Ok, thanks. Do you have any recommendations for lower body exercises?

Squats, you dont want too many exercises if you do a program with mostly bodyweight exercises.

You can also do weighted dips/pull us, every now and then. Overhead press and some form of rows. BB rows would be good as you get to train your lower back too. And its usually a position which is difficult to do heavy with bodyweight only.

How does this sound?

Monday

Bench Press: 3 sets, 10 reps
Chin Ups or Pull Downs: 3 sets, 10 reps
Military Press: 3 sets, 10 reps
Barbell Curls: 3 sets, 10 reps
Squats: 3 sets, 10 reps
Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets, 10 reps

Wednesday

Incline Press or Dips: 3 sets, 10 reps
Barbell Row or Dumbbell Row: 3 sets, 10 reps
Shrusg: 3 sets, 10 reps
Single Arm Preacher Curl: 3 sets, 10 reps
Leg Curl: 3 sets, 10 reps
Abs: 1 set, 50 reps

Friday

Chin Ups or Pull Downs: 3 sets, 10 reps
Military Press: 3 sets, 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets, 10 reps
Front Squats: 3 sets, 10 reps
Stiff Legged Deadlift: 3 sets, 10 reps

It depends. Was your goal to do a bodyweight program to get the skills that comes with it, or just to look good(just as valid)? or maybe both?

You need to mix it up with weights in order to get the best results unless you have good genetics.

I'm currently obese and I want to be fit and healthy, be able to do pull ups, use every bit of my body and increase my already natural strength. Yes to look good as well.

Then that program is fine, but add a rowing movement for Friday or monday, as the back needs more volume than the front part.

And remember to be consistent. Most programs works as long as you are consistent.

Oh yeah to add to this will this workout give me endurance as well? Don't want to be tuckered out after a flight of stairs or whatever.

it is provided you meet 2 requirements

1. elite level of bodyweight exercises (gymnastics for example)
2. be a manlet

There are people here who aspire to get the same kind of bodies as people who are genetically lucky AND are on drugs and have a pump and good lighting going on top of photoshop.

To some degree, but its small. If you want better endurance, then train endurance. Running twice a week is enough. If youre obese then start with walking or swimming. Weightloss will be the best endurance enhancer untill you get within normal weight range.

>I'm afraid I'll become one of those chicken legged bicep bros if I use the machines at the gym

Never gonna make it.

youtu.be/ILC7wIYfyls

Like you honestly don't understand the basic concepts behind exercise.

The number of reps is meaningless when you have no way of controlling for weight or understand the biofeedback needed to make your own program that will work for you.

Pick up convict conditioning, infinite intensity, you are your own gym, and building the gymnatic body.
Read all of those and pick a program.

nigger was slipping in double counts on the reps towards the end

>is this what roidmonkeys aspire to be?

I got this from just bodyweight training.
Veeky Forums is mostly clueless about calisthenics (and they're gonna call me DYEL).

Resistance is resistance, as long as you optimize your sets and reps to suit your purpose (strength and hypertrophy, not endurance) then you will get results. Of course you need to eat too.

The only reason to start using weights is when you reach the limits of an exercise, for example you can do 3x8 russian dips. After that get a weighted belt.

No, that's stupid.
You don't add weight unless you honestly don't have the basic raw work capacity to do high level calisthenics movements for double digit reps. Not as the next step when you can't do 3x8.
You can continue to gain as a natural with the same relatively tough to do calisthenics movements for months.

I don't see the point in doing 20 pull ups or 50 push ups.

3x8 and then 3x4 of the next difficulty worked great for me. Aside from very hard progressions like wide pull ups to archer pull ups, where I did 1-2 archers and the rest wide until I could do more.

Compared to gym workouts how good can you train your upper body and legs with calisthenics in order to look asthetic?

Also how you do train push exercises for chest and shoulders? I understand that a bar helps you a lot forcbiceps and lats, but for chest and shoulders it seems that you will have to endless of pushups if you want to build it.

Do you need any other equipment than a bar? If you need more, then what are good places to train where you find the equipment?

What's a realistically achievable body with say 2 to 3 (or even 4) trainings per week?

0 weights 3 months from scratch, no solid program, worked out almost daily, no dietary planning, i just ate more of what i normally eat. no lower body work either

you'll get fast noob gains the first 2 months and then it'll plummet down unless you know your shit and research a fuck ton on calisthenics

weights are 200% better though, especially the barbell obviously; this was only because i did not have access to weights but i will start training with weights soon hopefully.
any advice? i want to do squats daily
and do i really need to do 1g of protein per lb bodyweight stuff?

You can't do 20 pullups or 50 pushups can you?
user, if you're relatively heavy and can do 20 pullups and 50 pushups you'd be objectively stronger then most people in the gym.

I know people say it becomes endurance and all of that but...how many of the people stating that have the raw strength endurance to do something like that with those basic movements? Hell can they do that with relatively advanced movements?

When you're training for 20 pull ups and 50 push ups you're not training hypertrophy, your muscles aren't getting significantly bigger and that's all there is to it.

That's why marathon runners look like aushwitz victims.

Your heart gets more tired than your muscles when you're doing retarded amounts of reps.

you can ask me about calisthenics stuff if you want to go the same route as pic related in terms of physique, btw

You will never see someone who's not dangerously thin who can do 50 consecutive good pushups and 20 consecutive good pullups who is not big.

You never will.
Not ever.

You're goin gto

This post is a mess