What's the biggest redpills of Veeky Forums ?

What's the biggest redpills of Veeky Forums ?

Steroids are magic

Steroids are garbage.

Overtraining isn't a thing if you eat enough, sleep enough, and manage stress well.

Its not gay if you dont cum ...... first

browsing Veeky Forums is detrimental to gains

So that means I can train my upperbody everyday ?

If you are a manlet, dicklet, jawlet, chinlet, hairlet, framelet, or facelet, there is no point to lifting. Girls will never truly desire you.

> only a dicklet

>lifting for women
found the brainlet

No formula even exists, all is empiricism

You can't be happy if the opposite sex never wants to be with you. You think you can be completely alone and deadlift 700 lbs and be happy? Bullshit

>you can't be happy unless you date a shallow woman
found the parentlet

>shallow woman
All women are shallow, user

SS is really good

how to manage stress well?

Yeah actually. Just make sure your joints are ok

>>>/mgtow/

natural and low bodyfat = small in clothes forever (unless you have the top 0,000000000000001% genetics)

the sooner your accept this the better it's gonna be brehs

>needs a romantic/sexual partner to be happy
This is an 18 and older board

Its not the Veeky Forumsness that gets you women, its the confidence that comes with it. Also, a good haircut, not being fat and half decent biceps is enough to pull 80% of women

I've realizes since coming to university that most women are pretty much worthless thots. Not to an R9K level, but most women are pretty worthless by any metric beyond their bodies. That said, there are some women out there that are really amazing, they're just far less common.

>routines don't matter as long as you train muscle groups 2 times a week, eat well, rest sufficiently and progressive overload is in place
>clothes are more important than body as long as your body is not repulsive
>face is the most important

your body and your organ system particularly your heart does not differentiate between muscle and fat, putting on weight of any kind will shorten your life span no matter how you do it.

that's no such thing as being fit while putting on excessive muscle mass, anyone who's put on significant size knows this to be true.

so you're saying I can't be a big guy?

Motivation is poison. Discipline is health. You will do it or not.

3x5 is superior to 5x5 for everyone and in all cases.

If you're only willing to go three days a week, you're not willing to do what it takes. At some point you're either going to go more than three days, or accept being intermediate forever.

Lifting alone won't make you the superhuman you wish to be. Gymnastics, martial arts and lifting are the holy trinity.

Every machine can be replaced by a vastly more effective free weight movement.

Traps are gay

You either die a fit god or live long enough to be consumed by the gains goblins of life.

Why is 3x5 better than 5x5? Genuinely interested to hear your reasoning behind that.

How do I into the holy trinity?

What do I do for gymnastics and martial arts?

Incorrect

Not him, but I like it for DL/Compound lifts. I get to lift heavier. It feels like doing more volume throws a higher risk of injury.

Putting so much time and effort in the gym doesn't make sense unless you compete in a sport and they pay you $millions. It doesn't make sense on any level otherwise. Just do a 20-30 min jog ever day instead and immerse yourself in something worthwhile.

What if I am?
>inb4 you aren't
Well, I am quite sure I understand my feelings and I am happy with my life. I am not satisfied, because I want to develop and progress, but I am quite happy, always could have been worse.

arnold schwarzenegger is 70 and going strong, retard.

What makes immersing yourself in training not something worthwhile, user?

4 u

Because what you reap is poor compared to the effort. It really is.

Crab Mentality

keep yourself in denial, the amount of food it takes alone will damage your system anyone with half a brain can realize that.

look at all the list of bodybuilders who died young, too many to list and even more that are suffering from health problems.

of course not all die, just like hulk hogan is still alive even though many wrestlers die young just like not all fat people die young. you're still damaging your body.

Pumping blood though excess capillaries in massive fat rolls are what wear out your heart retard.

That is really a great argument, user.

Hanging on the pullup bar after hurting your back on an exercise (esp lower back) feels great

Sarcasm? They are talking like crabs in a bucket act.

Because you feel it?

By who's standard?

>you shouldn't even bother to try for X Y Z reasons and just because I said so!
That's a distillation of what those jackasses said; are you still going to defend their faggotry and autism?
>discouraging others to try to accomplish what you can't
That's Crab Mentality in a nutshell, and it's what they sound like: sour grapes.

More Crab Mentality.
Why don't you tell us about your NO GAINS and how it makes you feel? Then we'll understand why it is you want to discourage everyone else (because misery and failure loves company)

By the alternatives? You become a millionaire or high ranking official with that effort. You know it to be true.

Maybe you don't actually lift, idk.

^This. Don't let anyone tell you lifting is not worth it if that's what you want to do.

Jesus christ, is it really that hard for you to just go to the gym and follow a routine? And why can't someone be both, user?

Not lifting is not the same as immersing yourself in watching matt ogus cuckold and shitposting 4 hours on Veeky Forums every day.

I'm definitly bigger than you, post pic with timestamp.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone. I'm just saying that there is much more to life. No one gives a shit.

This is subjective. You should do whatever you feel is right in life. There are people who waste all of there time watching tv, playing video games, or using social media. And a 20-30 minute jog isn't going to do much for your overall health unless you are increasing intensity everytime.

Woah there big boy, no one is pulling the size card. I'm sure you're 300 pounds of solid muscle and what not. What I'm saying is it's wrong to say lifting isn't worth it. And also very wrong to say that with the same amount of effort it takes to achieve your fitness goals you could ""become a millionaire or a high ranking official"

Post your body, faggot.

Time in the gym, time prepping food, the mental toll it takes on you after lifting heavy 5-6 days a week, enough sleep, etc. You could easily become a millionaire with that effort. Easily. It's a grind like any other.

People do give a shit, your logic is just off. And it's much easier to become fit than to become a millionaire. Doing both would actually be the most fullifing life, not sacrificing one for the other.

Are you a millionaire, user? Post bank account with timestamp.

>You could easily become a millionaire with that effort.
Says the guy likely still living under mom & dads roof, maybe working, maybe not, probably still in school, has no idea what the real world is like.
If it were so goddamned easy as that why isn't everyone a millionaire? You clearly have no perspective.

user... It is not your fault

Also, to continue my point, what makes being a millionaire more worthwhile than achieving your fitness goals through hard work?

Big difference between being Veeky Forums and Eddie Hall I need a cpap machine to sleep size.

yoga and jiu-jitsu is extremely accessible, not gonna start the argument about what's better and summon the fag maga fanboys

if you pay for yoga you're a prick, there's plenty of 15-30 minute flows on youtube with big booty instructors. I've been doing 30 a day for a few months now, my lifting and BJJ have improved and I generally feel better (less stiff, more agile and strong).

look on groupon for a cheap month or two of jiu-jitsu classes, a lot of places have 30 dollar deals on unlimited training. your cardio will get way better, I was a college track athlete and even I was tested. your core will get much stronger in weird ways, oblique muscles and side abs and shit. i finally got my bottom 2 to fill out my six pack. you'll feel safer in public, especially if you learn a bit about judo and striking as well. the biggest confidence boost comes from sparring live every day, you start to size people up in realistic ways and the thought of combat becomes much more accessible. if you should ever end up in a ground skirmish you will be extremely prepared. you can take it as a hobbiest or compete as a high level athlete, there's an extremely high skill ceiling and a community that's never been stronger.

I'm not. I've spent too much time on this fitness lifestyle. My older brother is a € millionaire. He is 6 years older though.

Post body already.

I earn €70k annually. It's shit in my country. see above

Because being a millionaire will give you more freedom. Your family will care infinitly more about you being able to provide for them than your muscles.

You can train anything everyday if you manage intensity and volume correctly.

On the other hand, overtraining is absolutely possible. There's simply a limit to how much training humans can handle. That's why athletes use PEDs: to train more.

Which do you think is better:

>Putting off everything else in your life that you possibly can to chase the Almighty Dollar, so you're a rich man when you retire -- but in the process you're fat, diseased, weak, and spend your 'retirement' and all your money on doctors, prescriptions, and surgeries, because your body is a total disaster

Or:

>Spend your life taking care of the one body you get, and while you won't die a rich man, you realize you can't take it with you to the grave anyway, and in your old age you'll be healthier, stronger, and more resistant to injury and disease, because you spent your life taking care of yourself

If you say the former rather than the latter, you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

Is everything ok at home user? You say your brother is a millionaire and you're a pretty muscular guy. Then you say your family will love you more if you're rich than if you're fit. I sense some underlying issues.
Aside from the piss-taking part of this post, what do you mean by freedom?

That is such flawed logic and analogy, I'm lost for words.

I agree with your underlying idea user, but I also think it's incorrect to say you have to sacrifice one for the other.

>taking care of yourself
>by lifting
Oh fuck off. No one benches 3pl8 because they want to be virile in their old age. I don't give a shit about my health, I lift to be better than other people.

Lifting doesn't get you girls. It's all about face,height,frame,social status

trips wasted on retarded post

How is it flawed? I see it all the time: people spend their whole lives working 60 hours a week, never doing anything for their health (except lip-service, of course), never having much fun at all, 'saving for their retirement', so that when they're old enough to retire they're exhausted, weak, usually fat or flat-out obese, literally falling apart, and at their age little hope of fixing themselves. They're miserable and get sick and die. Why should I do that? I'd rather die broke and have had a life full of activity and achievement that goes way beyond just chasing money, money that you can't even take with you. Really, what's the point? You have to take care of your body, everything else is secondary at best.

That is not an argument. I'm saying that money will give you more freedom, more options. The ability to travel, buy a nice home, do nice things for your family, retire early, no financial stress, etc, etc.

I envy my brother in a good way. He was more clever (he is fit by normie standards).

and having to pump blood through all your new muscle mass doesn't strain your heart?

do you have to think before you breath?

You two might legit be mentally retarded.

>I lift to be better than other people.
You REEK of insecurity.

I'm not intending on arguing the point, I'm just looking to understand what you mean. Do you have plans to still become a millionaire/high ranking official, now that you're Veeky Forums?

Fuck off. In the end money is meaningless.
If you have diabetes and heart disease, or CANCER, because you ignored your health and fitness, no amount of money will buy your life back.

Sex with women is for reproduction
Sex with men is for fun

>BJJ
>one of the first and biggest plebfilters

yeah, opinion disregarded, retard.

What's your take on it then, oh brilliant one?

42980967 (You)
>I agree with your underlying idea user, but I also think it's incorrect to say you have to sacrifice one for the other.
I never said that, that was my point all along.

But you're not them, right? You know better, don't you? You can still run 20-30 min every day or every other day? Eat right?

Right?

I'm still fit and I'm not able to break the cycle because I'm addicted and I don't have anything else going for me. No one wants what I have to offer. It's really fucking with me at this point.

You're lying out of your ass if you say you go to the gym for your health.

Plenty of women are fine with uggos, attraction for women isn't even mostly physical.

Rituals (routines) that create stability and calmness. Meditation.

lol ofc it will

>diabetes
>heart disease
>C-C-c-cc-CANCCEER (so scary wow)

all those are curable E A S I L Y

and if u reply that u cant cure those diseases then u are legit sub-saharan IQ

I might add, when you come to my point in life, you grow out of it in a sense. Like with video games. You're still fit because it's your lifestyle but you have very little to show for it. It will fuck with you.

Neither of those things are true, and if you believe they are then you have thoroughly fooled yourself. You CAN break the cycle, even if you're addicted, and there are people who want what you have to offer. And no, I can't tell you who, but there's over 7 billion motherfuckers out there. There's definitely a select few who value you for what you have to offer.

I train for an actual sport, not some abstract concept like 'being fit'. I can't motivate myself otherwise because I need a valid reason to spend 5-6 days a week in one sort of training or another. The fact that I *enjoy* the process of training is besides the point.

There's 2 different things: Overreaching, and Overtraining. The latter happens with professional athletes that are pushing themselves very hard for some kind of competition. The first one can happen to anyone if he does too much and isn't recovering well. But usually a deload / reduce some volume is enough to get back to a recovered state.

There are all sorts of cancer that have a low survivability. Glioblastoma (brain cancer). Pancreatic cancer. Bone cancer. Also, ANY cancer that goes undetected long enough for it to metasticize; once it's loose all over your body, you're a dead man walking. I've had friends die this way; you clearly don't know what it is you're dismissing.

this, overtraning = poor stress management

Fuck that, you were literally just trying to prove you were better than me by comparing bodies. You've obviously got something to show for it, or at least you feel like you do.

Overreaching is necessary to create the sorts of breakthrough gains that everyone wants. You just have to manage the long-term fatigue in such a way that you prevent Overtraining.

in extremely autistic and gay voice

>"well ackschually i train for se REEL spords..."

The thing is, I look at all the effort I put into lifting for 12 years vs what my peers and family did. They did shit and is sitting left with so much more than me. They have big beautiful homes, they go on vacations with their kids 4-5 times a year (really nice ones too....'), they can afford to make their kids get involved in different activities, they'll be able to send them to great schools, etc.

Do you people know what it's like to see your older brother be able to do nice shit for his wife while I can't do that? My gf doesn't care, but as a man, it fucking kills you. It really fucking does. You want to cry for the 2nd time in your adult life. It crushes you, you feel like a failure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm genuinly happy for my brother, I just feel like shit.

I said that to make you realise that I'm not some skinnyfat internet gladiator shill. I don't actually care. Lifting IS great to an extent.

That is not me.

The differences are subtle but pronounced. The practical results of 3x5 will mirror the results of 5x5 closely, but with less risk of injury, and more stamina for the routine besides. 5x5 was largely popularized to have something that differentiates it from the popular 3x5, but it has no measurable benefit.

Lifting is the first and most important activity. I would focus on lifting until you become an intermediate/advanced lifter with a 6-7 day program, who has hit true strength plateaus on all major movements. At that stage, drop down to a 3-4 day strength building routine, and move 2-3 days of your week to martial arts.

I recommend first alternating between conventional cardio and kickboxing. Train with a heavy bag, dont worry about classes. Start with boxing form and 3 minute drills, and then progress to kickboxing training.

Once you can train three or four high intensity kickboxing drills in a row, add gymnastics. You should then have one kickboxing day, one conventional cardio day (running, etc.) and one gymnastics day per week, with at least three strength training days.

Research proper gymnastics and video guides. Good luck.

Sadly, most kickboxing and gymnastics programs will be heavily family oriented and profit motivated. You really are better off leaning at home from instructionals.

Effort accounts for most differences in success. 3-5 of 5, for one exersize, is, honestly, easy. That's why it is popular.

You really can't do too much. You don't have the wherewithal, or the cold-hard balls to actually overtrain

Overreaching is how gains are made. If the weight is consistently going up, the muscles probably aren't growing.