Is it possible to maintain a nicotine habit and still gain muscle?

Is it possible to maintain a nicotine habit and still gain muscle?

marlboros are the heaviest fags ive found. dont think you could get very big lifting them tho

Funny guy

nothin wrong with one turkish gold a day

No. Stop poisoning yourself.

Literal poison you're ingesting. You're shelling out tons of money each year to a company that is literally selling you cancer because you're too weak and too much of a pussy to quit their product. Absolutely fucking pathetic. No you won't make any gains. If you're too weak to stop putting something you know gives you cancer into your body each day, you clearly aren't strong enough to make any notable progress with fitness.

You can still gain muscle, it really does nothing to the body as far as that is concerned. I've kept the same body fat for years and have made it over 220lbs from 190. Not a single percent changed in body fat.
The problem's that arise is it is must harder to drop body fat while smoking, it's a hunger suppressant yes. So everyone always is like "lol wut dude you can't get fat while smoking." That's a fucking meme m8. Smoking increases cortisol and blood sugar levels and keeps them elevated almost non stop.
So if you're not stick skinny, you'll start developing a little pot belly in most cases, much like a diabetic person does. The constant elevated cortisol levels also mess with hormone balancing. While this won't really mess with muscle growth, the constant stress hormone saturation can promote estrogen.

>tldr
>yes you'll gain muscle
>possible you'll gain a lot of fat or be unable to lose fat as easily

When you quit smoking you should spend an extra 30 minutes a day doing some form of cardio, keep this up for at least 6 months. After 6 months lower the 30 minutes by increments of 5 each month after. It will prevent massive weight gain.
t. formersmoker
>lifts never really improved after I quit, just lost a little bit of fat on my stomach

True I have noticed when I quit for a few days I can do way more pushups and not get as winded. Im not huge into fitness but I do quite a bit of jail workouts to keep my natural muscle tone.

No. It's physically impossible to both smoke and gain muscle mass. This is why all smokers are exactly the same size as when they started.

i chew nicotine gum its a great pre workout buzz and actually lowers estrogen. Vegetables are bad for you if you force them into your ears with a hammer instead of using a safer less retarded method of consuming a specific thing

Interesting. Im young and ready to quit soon.

The earlier you quit the easier it will be to recover.
Each smoke burns roughly 25 calories from elevated heart rate. Assume one pack a day is 250-300 calories.
Thirty minutes of walking is 300 calories (almost a little under). Just don't change your diet at all and walk for thirty minutes.
It takes a while for your body to get use to you not burning those extra calories from smoking which is why you should do the walking for six months. After that if you drop it in small increments and give it about a month in between your body will adjust and you won't gain the excess weight.
Most people who quit smoking gain 10-20lbs and the reason is as simple as I told you. Eat 250 calories less or burn 250 calories more.
If you're working out you may just gain more muscle since your macros are being used properly.

Doesn't matter, really the only benefit to stopping smoking is you'll feel better. The lower cortisol levels will make you able to actually relax and sleep soundly. Something most smokers have a lot of issue with. Because of this I was in general a happier person.
I could give two shits about the other health benefits, lungs fucking up and what not. If I die I die, but I would like to actually be happy for the few years I live. So I quit. 28 now, feel pretty ok. Got a girlfriend, have a house.
Still depressed most days, but I actually can feel happiness.
When I smoked I was just neutral, never happy.

Thanks man this is sound advice :)

So you're big into fitness, huh?

Fitness dick in yo mouth.

Same man. I've been watching my intake because I've heard it can get addictive, but I love the buzz I get.
Hate cigs though. Makes me feel and smell like a poor person.

fpbp

I've dipped for almost 10 years and have never had problems with gaining muscle... is this a meme?

I’m heavily addicted to nicotine, havent smoked a cig in a year and i work out just fine

t. fedora vape

I dipped for 4 years and was one of those guys that says "I'm eating as much as I can wtf why aren't I gaining weight!!!!" finally quit dip and now I know what a real appetite is. Whew, easy 12lbs in 3 months.

That's weird. I'm hungry all the damn time and I have no issues with gaining. You're probably just gay.

Vape brah. Ohmboy YouTube vape guy is pretty cut up and Vapes like a virgin.

Citations muddafukka

Just vape guys. I still get my buzz and my cardio has been better. I can breathe right.

I've been using chewing tobacco for a while but shit's starting to gross me out; and I'm concerned about stomach damage from swallowing minute amounts of it.

Should I switch to vaping?

I'm a pack a day smoker, been fit for 3 years, close to 115kg at 190cm. Smoking doesn't affect lifting at all..

you're not supposed to swallow chewing tobacco spit

Siqq

I do. Vape tho.

>Is it possible to maintain a nicotine habit and still gain muscle?
Yes, technically. You can be as unhealthy as you want and still be able to put on muscle and drop fat. Doesnt mean you should do it, but its possible.

rofl

>not using snus

You need to evolve

yes i am living proof
but enjoy premature aging
and gasping for brreath in between sets

Has to be. 4 year snuser here and no problems surrounding the gym.

quit smoking cold turkey 2 months ago.
it was easy as shit. a little bit of a weird gut feeling for a couple of days, that's literally it.
no reason to not stop smoking. zero.