Elite Military and non military units and groups (no secret society please)

Elite Military and non military units and groups (no secret society please).

Numidian Cavalry (punic wars)

Attached: Numidian.jpg (432x486, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1199377/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21312180
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Numidians are the ancestors of berbers. Are berbers black to you ?

Mossi horsemen

Attached: 9803601_orig.jpg (429x314, 42K)

Sudanic horsemen

Attached: 3.jpg (800x499, 95K)

Benin warrior

It's just dumb afrocentrists, mate.
Berbers have genetic discontinuity with the Egyptians and the current ones are a mix of west eurasians and eastern farmers, suggesting that the ancient berbers may have invaded (from Iberia) the capsian people that dwelled near Tunisia and slowly mixed with them (the level of mitochindrial divergence suggests that the women were capsian and the men were berbers), the Libyans were described as lighter than Egyptians (Seto's tomb) and the most genetically homogeneous populations of North Africans are the guaches followed by the Kabyles, and they greatly resemble northern mediterranean people.
That's all I have on the subject.

Every military unit imagines itself as elite.

Attached: 1455995869574.png (1200x491, 185K)

>The same crypto-afrocentrist keeps posting senseless threads that trigger little to no discussion with the frequency of a teenage gossip girl while legitimately believing none is noticing.

Attached: 1519581746744.jpg (238x357, 29K)

Who said that?

Triggered

Attached: download (3).jpg (225x225, 9K)

Not to mention the Berber horse would have been smaller, and the javelines shorter.

Not every time someone makes an Africa thread it's afrocentrism

Correction, Numidians are Eastern berbers, Mauretanians or Moors are western berbers, the berber culture have been around since the iron age, and possibly in the bronze age as well.

Dark skin=\=Black

Israeli Army in 1973

>Get sneak attacked by all your neighbors on your biggest holiday
>1,000,000 troops verses your 400,000
>Arabs have more tanks, jets, and artillery
>BTFO Arab army losing just 3,000 men rape their armor and airforce, get more land

Attached: download (11).jpg (215x235, 13K)

Numidians had light skin, it was described by the people of Cyrenaica, Egyptians and literally no Roman account about their supposedly dark skin as opposed to Aethiopians, literally none but afro-centrists suggests otherwise.

>suggesting that the ancient berbers may have invaded (from Iberia) the capsian people that dwelled near Tunisia and slowly mixed with them (the level of mitochindrial divergence suggests that the women were capsian and the men were berbers
That's strange, I've read a bit about Berber ethnogenesis and I thought historians agreed to say that the Capsians were the "original" Proto-Berbers. Indeed there were infiltrations of population from the Iberian peninsula during the Neolithic, but only minor ones. Do you have a source about such theories ?

(to be exact, I'm really interested in and I'm not being ironic)

Never said such a thing, you're mistaking me for someone else bruh

What makes a soldier elite? Is it a ranking or does it just mean they are well experienced?

>Someone posts something that isn't the nazi's or the romans
>Veeky Forums users throw a tantrum

Attached: Numidian Cavalry.jpg (2683x1920, 1.72M)

Attached: Numidian vs Roman.jpg (1500x1062, 1.17M)

>implying

Attached: Numidian horseman.jpg (936x1279, 108K)

Those javelines are pretty long, as far as I remember Gabriel Camps said the Berber javelines were quite short, in order to be used in hand-to-hand combat if needed. I'll check that.

There are recent findings that suggests otherwise, there is a strong (and very recent) genetic link between the absolute majority of the North African samples taken from Tunisia IIRC, and the Saami people of Scandinavia, there is also a clear genetic discontinuity between Egyptians and Libyans.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1199377/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21312180
There is also this colossal discussion about weather the ancient berbers are more European or more Eastern, but I can't seem to locate it.

Interesting, thank you. Still, I'm quite wary regarding what can be said about genetic analysis, even though they can be a useful tool.

Also, you should read up on the Kabyles, they always brag about their racial purity, and the Nazi racial scientists in WWII used them as a catalyst for their make-believe Nordic strain theory and that they were IE in origin, but the theory fell apart after further genetic investigation. You can also see that the most common phenotype within the ranks of the berbers is a cromagnid type dubbed berberid, their clothing and writing looks very alien in nature to the region, they are very primitive in many ways, but not like Australian aboriginals or Bantu people so it's really interesting, to me at least.

Attached: femme_berbère.jpg (263x282, 20K)

The CHAD black Numidian vs the virgin wh*Te Roman.

The "Kabyle myth" is indeed a myth, even though Kabyles may be lighter than the rest of Maghrebis (along with Riffians), they're far from being Nordic

>You can also see that the most common phenotype within the ranks of the berbers is a cromagnid type dubbed berberid
Exactly, at least regarding northern Berbers, who are for the most part settled mountain dwellers. Tuaregs may look different, but they're quite mixed, at least the common people (the aristocracy might have remained more homogenous).

ranking or competency

Tuareg-Hausa of the Maghreb are black

Attached: druzhina.jpg (1287x743, 331K)

Attached: 464344_russkaya-konnaya-druzhina_voennoe_2062x1440_www.Gde-Fon.com.jpg (1600x1117, 638K)

Afrocentrist discussions aside
Here's an actual elite black unit.
The "Lanceiros Negros"(Black Lancers) were two corps of lancers that were all freed slaves, they fought during the Ragamuffin War in Brazil at the side of the Riograndense Republic.
The "gauchos" in south brazil were already experienced in cavalry, these black horseman however were know to charge at the Imperial cavalry like beasts and to not fear death.
In the Battle of Porongos they were mostly decimated, some survivors ended up joining the Brazilian army and fought in other wars later.

Do you have a problem with people of Sub-Saharan ancestry?

They still use their tactics to this day. I mean look at that gasmask - fucking badass.

Attached: stormtrooper.jpg (191x448, 31K)

"Berber" is an umbrella term for all nomads in North Africa. So there could be black Berbers.

>he's triggered over ni99ers

Attached: tumblr_oin4sjt5O11uc8x6so1_250.png (166x198, 68K)

They really aren't though. We don't break trenches with infantry anymore.

The Zenaga are settled Berbers from Mauritania, and they are indeed black, being the descendants of Berber slavers and black women taken as slaves.
Besides, only a part of Berbers had a nomadic way of life. The Sanhadja and the Zanata were divided between nomads and settled people, while all of the Masmuda lived a settled life.

Attached: ottoman_empire_by_byzantinum.jpg (900x1180, 295K)

Haratin.

Hausa are in northern Nigeria fucking scum.

Attached: 6-btr-80-sssr.jpg (1198x796, 216K)

swiss mercenaries
pikemen
halberrdiers
zweihanderss