Those of you with standing desks - has it made a difference for you in terms of how you feel throughout the day?

Those of you with standing desks - has it made a difference for you in terms of how you feel throughout the day?

I work at a warehouse and I have to stand all day

I want to sit

I just stand up when I'm thinking, walk around, get a glass of water etc. Or building, nothing else to do while you wait.

>standing desk meme
just get up every now and then. i go for 1/4 mile walks every few hours and do not slouch at your desk

Nobody asks you.

bought 1 for 250 on craigslist. I enjoy it and yes it helps

no, your brain will still atrophy from lack of movement.

Helps what? Loosen your hamstrings?

Standing still isn't better than sitting at all

since I'm a really lazy cunt, yeah it helps a lot. It's easier to start moving around more when I'm already standing than it is when I've planted my ass into a chair.

This is now a /sits/ thread

just started working produce, standing around all day lifting crates of fruit and veg.
pretty much constant very slight lower back soreness for the day.
can i replace deadlifts with this?

Yeah i wouldn't deadlift until I got used to the workload if I were you.

This is wrong because it's easier to maintain good posture while standing than sitting. Differences in energy expenditure are negligible

It's actually harder for people with APT and thus are usually the ones that have problems with this whole topic.

>be a lazy fuck
>starter using a standing desk
>ended up just skipping gym because "oh well I've been standing all day that'll do it"

I've been doing it so long that I can't compare but yeah, I feel good.

Better work habits in terms of breaks and moving around. I have rock solid knees (I run a 10k almost daily) and great posture.

If you have skeletal damage I wouldn't recommend it, but it'll fix bad posture better than deadlifting once a week.

>I'm this user

You don't stand still like you're at attention in the Queen's guard. You move, fidget, walk away more often, can do squats if you want, etc.

Strengthen your back with light deadlifts and the pain will diminish or go away.

>42983771
Can't fix lazy

How fucking short are you?

If I am working I don't start squatting or fiddle around - I work on something and need to focus on it.

Exactly average height. Not my fault you people have no frame of reference.

That is why you take breaks. You know, for those moments between working.

5'6'' isn't average though

>Shelf is 6'2"
Don't be retarded

Where do your legs go?

Standing for 8 hours = gravity turns you into a turbo-manlet.

If that shelf is 6'2" and you're exactly average height, the monitor is too low and you're going to hurt your neck and upper back

Damn is that wc3? Pretty damn sexy!

Stand in one place for 6 hours. You will wish someone would kill you after 30 minutes.

Make sure you either have a stool or you get a varidesk. My time at work is half sitting/half standing. More creative, brain intensive work is done standing and my more routine work is done sitting.
Its been great. My posture is better and I feel like I focus on difficult tasks more

man i want an extending standing desk for home bad

anyone got cheapo recommendations?