What else are you doing to improve yourself?

What else are you doing to improve yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthfitnessrevolution.com/top-10-health-benefits-playing-piano/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

writing, reading, playing chess
>parents are happy when i practice chess but dont like me playing vidya
always wondered why this is the case

DNAmaxxing

Chess is a solved game though, why not something sweet like go?

Going out to clubs but only with my wingman and picking up sloots to spitroast

>Working out
>Eating healthy
>Chatting with store clerks to ease social anxiety (sometimes I'll check in on them when I don't need anything)
>Learning a second language
>Being nicer to people in general through active effort
>Trying to be less opinionated and more reserved

I started learning piano because of the HGH gains according to healthfitnessrevolution.com/top-10-health-benefits-playing-piano/

Learning guitar from scratch, played for years but I'm starting from the start including music theory.

all antisocial things, nice.

Fuck other people.

Taking up medicine so I can research immortality for myself. No one gets to know, I win.

Hey. I'm 'other people'. Fuck you.

i force myself to go out alone and talk to random people even though i dont like talking and most people are boring as fuck. at first most people are creeped out and think i want to fuck with them but after a while theyre happy they could talk to someone even if its just for an hour

Chess doesn't improve you in any way. It's like Vidya.

Nicu, i wish i had the balls to do that

Same, but taking genetics instead

Nothing

Let me first get Veeky Forums

It can if you can use it to extend your STM by increasing how many moves you can think ahead

Skin care, grooming, dressing better.
My attitude was once of skill > appearance, and the whole "appearance matters" thing didn't phase me.

Then I went to an Asian country and everyone is dolled up 10/10 all the time and it made me realize you are only young once live everyday to the max. One day you'll be old and feel like you took your non-wrinkly skin and fit body for granted.

im on tinder trying to find a mate

but everyone on there is a douche bag looking to bang and i would happily give myself but the funny ones make me physically ill while the sexually arousing ones are as interesting as a piece of bread. i want to make babies and have a family i really do, but knowing 90% of society are these people make me wanna kms. there is no hope. people just have to settle with someone uglier or dumber and it is just sad. i am thinking of just becoming some antisocial untouchable entity until i am old enough or when people no longer give me attention and resign to middle age cynicism.

>sometimes I'll check in on them when I don't need anything

Being on Tinder is like the opposite of trying to improve yourself. Depending on someone from the opposite sex to improve the quality of your life is a recipe for depression

How are you learning guitar? Online or by books or something? I ask ’cause I’m interested in learning to play too.
London.

is this a joke?

>(sometimes I'll check in on them when I don't need anything)

Oh user, god bless your sweet little heart.

ps. Everybody at any store you do this at thinks you are at the very least autistic, if not some more serious form of retardation. Please stop doing this.

It hardly ever works senpai. So don't feel down

Typical woman. You're probably a 5/10 at best and somehow expect you deserve an 8/10, all the while having nothing to offer but your depreciating looks.
Not even to mention you unironically post in a thread where the question is 'what are you doing to better yourself' and your answer is that you apparently have to pull all your self worth from someone else.

>this is why I don't use tinder

where the fuck did i ever mention pushing all my self worth on another person you brain dead nigger.

are you suggesting that my wanting to form an intimate bond with another human and sharing a life time of memories and daily burdens is somehow a regression?

don't lie you don't use tinder because those 500 right swipes you used up never matched up with anything kek

I need some serious mentalgains

I have zero confidence, and I don't have any idea how to speak with grills, or just people in general..

Imma go kill myself

I have never needed to use tinder. Also you sound sour as fuck, no wonder you're alone. It's obvious you have to entirely rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth, because that's the first thing that comes to your mind when you talk about what you do to 'improve yourself'.

>Using Tinder in an attempt to find a potential father to your children.
Bab, you are fucked.

DNA maxxening

Tips on how to make social gains?

idk some of my friends have found ltr through it so i thought to give it a go

You sound presumptuous and dumb so I have no trouble expressing my disdain for your type. That's because in your world you may need someone to reaffirm and validate your value but in the adult world, people want to find partners to enrich their lives, now shoo, go back projecting your manchild mentality elsewhere.

not much

>is a woman
>calls people 'nigger' on an anime website

Justin guitar.com, start at the start skip nothing, practice practice practice, and if you're not sure about something ask google.

>wasn't sure how chords are made, googled it, now I have a better idea but still kinda incomplete

I'm trying to get as physically fit as I possibly can to make an adventure club where a bunch of bros try to do crazy shit with each other. On a related note, has anyone tried Wim Hof's training and found it to be worth it?

hey im on tinder for the same reasons. so dont give up yet.

WARNING A LIL BITCHING POLITICS IN THIS POST

I have shingles now so just taking it easy. Have a week off work but it is a great guvament job so I have sick leave. I feel for those who work their asses off at minimum wage shit but don't get any benefits (again they should prob move to something else since those kind of jobs are not meant to be a career since it is a deadend job.... trust me I've been bagging for bout 13 yrs and tried to advance in the company but management kept changing..... Also they should increase it $10/hr for inflation)

Hahahahahahahaha
If this is real then lol @ ur life

What you are feeling is normal actually, women tend to marry up in the social latter where as men tend to marry down.. however, what happens women get to the top of the social latter as we're seeing today, well.. this is the result. Thank you "equality", Thank you "women suffrage", Thank you "feminism".

But in the end, when shit hits the fan, women are gonna take a big tumble down the latter.

And of course, thank you "gender studies"

>sometimes I'll check in on them when I don't need anything

i'm going to start accutane to clear up this dumbass mild but persistent acne
i'm excited to start this

i'm on antidepressants and have a remote therapist
i feel fairly ok but i feel like the therapist doesn't do much for me

i'm taking class at uni right now and it's going ok
i've been skipping too many classes though and i don't know what to do about this
also i'm anxious about my german class, i need to email the professor today and beg for flexibility

i also have quit taking hot and warm showers, most of my showers now are somewhere in between room temperature and uncomfortable cool

anyone got protips for neurodiverse people for fixing sleep schedules and not snoring through alarms?

>Working for a big NGO in logistics in free-lance mode
>trying to become the best international consultant in the field
>making 300K annually ATM and projecting more next year
>lifting 7 days/week // swimming 5 days/week
>taking care of my nutrition as never before
>reading/studying at night

Nothing replaces being away from my family. My son. My wife. H-hold me b-bros.

I quit drinking.
I think that counts.
I hate normies so much though so I play vidya to distract myself.

>Chess doesn't improve you in any way. It's like Vidya.
>practicing a skill and improving at it through competition doesn't improve you in any way

playing vidya > chess

Pretty much, at least it teaches some less abstract critical thinking.

I like bullet chess though. It teaches you to make snap decisions instead of pondering all the possibilities.

Vidya is an incredibly broad term, so broad in fact that playing vidya could literally also be playing chess. I agree though, and fighting games have helped me learn how to overcome walls in skills I'm trying to learn, and also how to grow from losing and winning.

>vidya
>VIDEO GAMES
Yeah so hard, we are going to need to write a paper on the true nature of this defnition on a Mongolian fishing board.
Anyway
>fighting games
Literally worst genre desu. At least with FPS you improve twitch reflexes whereas RPG's you improve memory for item management and location discovery.

There's nothing about video games that negates chess from being one. There's nothing about something like Civilization that would stop it from being adapted to a board game. People would call Baldurs Gate a video game, but its literally an adaptation of the AD&D ruleset, a tabletop game.

>Chess
>somehow like an RPG
kys

Alrighty,

how the heck do I bag myself a qtpatootie azn like OP's pic? What do I need to do? What are those girls even into? is the inability to speak chinkaneeze gonna fuck me over?

Shut the fuck up

>Get discounted meat from my butcher (Hes coming to my bbq this weekend)
>Get discounted vidya from ebgames (invited to his magic draft when the next set comes out)
>Get discounted parts from the computer shop (I play poker with him very occasionally)
>Discounted kebabs from my favourite kebab shop (I haven't really talked with him outside his work desu)

When you get on a first name basis with them you can drop in while you're in town and see how their day is going, they genuinely appreciate it. Enjoy being introverted betas though, think of all the benifets you miss out on by failing to go out of your comfort zone.

why the fuck are you so obsessed with tabletop games?

Literally all you have to do is:

>be white
>be rich
>be tall

Like how you bag any other girl. Except the white bit is particularly important in this context.

There are arabian oil barrons, african warlords, and mexican drug kingpins that are banging ex korean popstars and instathots 5 at a time.

face height frame, but seeing that you are asking, you probably don't have these qualities

I'm all 3 of those things but my qt gf left me. Now all I have is depression.

>Chess is a solved game though

I love chess and have played since I was a kid but sometimes I feel it can be just as bad a time waster as vidya and I'll just sit for hours queuing, everything in moderation I guess

Fudge you user I wasn't ready to be put down like this.
I just want a at that dresses stylish

sometimes I write, mostly when I'm on drugs
i swing dance and pick up heavy objects and am hoping to finish a master's next year

>Be white
>Be tall
>Be 28 and still living off parent's money while struggling to get my degree due to multiple mental illnesses
HELP I'M SO CLOSE

tfw bullet chess elo 2400-2500

>Entering into an APRN program (starts Jan. 9th)
>Spend my free time reading more books and listining to audiobooks
>Learning to fix cars
>Eating better

Life's not so bad m8s

My pussy smells like garbage

bullet is fucking gay, everyone just trying to flag in losing positions

spoken like a true bullet novice :^)

I guess but I'd rather play a game where you have to actually think about strategy and calculate, not just hurr I move fast

I enjoy both, it's not like I only play bullet chess, but it's my highest elo.

Smoking weed everyday

Chess will be around long after vidya have evolved into something completely different. Go>Chess>fapping>vidya.

I can't stress enough how fucking stupid it is to skip your classes in college.

go master race checking in

I don't think I'd be able to do ass to mouth for even 300k

Does actively keeping up with my STEM studies count?

>skipping class
>worrying about what temperature shower you take
>begging for anything
>"""neurodiverse"""
>muh sleep schedule
>I sleep through alarms!!
good lord your life is in shambles and it's going to take a serious event (failing college maybe) to make you realize you need to GROW UP and BE RESPONSIBLE for yourself.

Chess makes you better at playing chess, theres no consensus that it improves cognitive functioning.