Can I change the 3x5 in this to 5x5 for hypertrophy? If so, why didn't the author just make it 5x5 in the first place?

Can I change the 3x5 in this to 5x5 for hypertrophy? If so, why didn't the author just make it 5x5 in the first place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hmU1UYEGahg?t=183
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Been wondering the same thing. 5 sets seems like a lot of work though, being used to 3

T R I V I A L C H A N G E S I N R E P R A N G E S D O N T M A T T E R P R O G R E S S I O N D O E S

F U C K O F F

Yeah, just don't call it greyskull if you do. If you decide to make a change to a routine, it is no longer that routine anymore.

G O O D L U C K W I T H Y O U R 2 P L 8 D E A D L I F T Y O U ' L L B E T H E R E S O O N B U D D Y

I think you're meant to go lower with the weights when doing 5x5 though, when moving from 3x5.

2 whole extra sets aren't trivial you dumb cunt.

Why do newfags always think they know better than professional trainers? You're the equivalent of some soccer mom changing one of Gordon Ramsays recipes thinking it's gonna turn out better. Just do the fucking program as it is, it's gonna work fine.

Well since it's obviously meant for strenght I'm asking if that change would make it more of a hypertrophy program

>comparing something that takes skill, knowledge and years of experience to fucking picking up and putting down lumps of chinese steel that has the depth of a fucking puddle
Yeah. Na. Cunt.

you can only on A or C day tho

>5x5 "for hypertrophy"
You've got some more research to do mein friend.

Oh look, routine thread, let me take a quick look if I can help some of the noobs...
>this is roughly based on X but I tailoredit to my goals
>I adapted from XY but only changed x to y, added z on xy day, and changed y to z
>this is a strength/hypertrophy routine I made last night, r8 pls
>can I do 8 sets of 3 instead of 3x12?
>this seems like it has way too little chest volume, can I add 37 sets of incline bench?
>>implying I lift for strength, give me a good aesthetics routine - *user does as asked* - YOU TWAT this still has squats omg
>can I do reddit PPL with 4x/wk push and pull on the same day, I can handle the volume
>why does my shoulder hurt when I clean and jerk for volume in this program I found that was originally made for roided oly lifters who never saw the world outside of their basement room until they squatted 4pl8 for reps
>I read the sticky but I can neither squat nor deadlift nor do chinups nor do pushups nor do any remotely noticeable kind of cardio, anybody got a routine to tone my fat belly?
...oops, never mind then

Isn't the last set till fail though so really it's 2x5 then 1xf

there should be no difference between strength and hypertrophy programs for your level.

>professional trainer
is not equal to
>some brazillian retard pretending to be a tranny who wrote a pretty looking image based on a beginner routine but fucked up the exercise order written in the book, forgot the part where the book said to do face pulls and misread the progression scheme when it comes to deloads

Lol

Well, can't deny you that one. I only read "Greyskull LP" at the top and closed the image since the author of that knows his shit. One should always read the book if they are going to follow a program anyway, especially if they are a beginner since they WILL be doing shit incorrectly anyway.

>rafa the dumb cunt made the Veeky Forums GSLP, which explains quite a lot
WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS

Simple math can help you:(sets*reps*workouts*weeks)
3*5*3*12=540 versus 5*5*3*12=900. That's nearly a 70% increase a pretty substantial change, considering I didn't take in account the weight added every session.
I agree if you point initially programming isn't that complicated unless you are advanced and/or athlete, and by the time you are advanced you should already know plenty of it.

Is it not obvious?
>"supinating" curls one day, hammer curls the other
>random 3 sets of lat raises because "they are an OHP accessory"
>dips OR closegrip bench because according to him the two are identical
>no difference between rows and chins, do whatever you want
>zero regard for rear delts
Literally every exercise selection in this routine is the same bullshit raffy put in every single shitty cookie cutter template he made.

Where you went wrong is you didn't read the part where it said Veeky Forums and automatically assumed it was trash.

lmao good luck doing 4 sets of 5 and an AMRAP set at the end when the weight begins to get heavy.

It's a stupid idea, OP. Don't do it.

I was thinking the same thing OP. Wanna know why? I honestly don't get the concept of AMRAP; seems dangerous. I don't always have a spotter. So am I just supposed to roll and dump on bench and squat failure?

Either you can tell when you're about to fail or you're too new and weak to need to worry about it. AMRAP is a progression method and also allows you to deload without reducing total volume which is important for sustainable progress.

>1x5 deadlift a week
>20 reps of deadlifts a month
>260 reps of diddlys a year
Are you people retarded?

>literally same shit as this fags routine

DROP THE MEME

I've been doing SL 5x5 for 4 months now. On my 5 rep max especially on lifts like OHP, I can sense I might fail my last rep but attempt to muster all my strength and push through it.

I just don't want to fail on bench.

>on my 5 rep max
>SL 5x5

Either using the term wrong or not doing the program. Also if your gym doesn't have a squat cage, which it should, you can always dump the bar off your back like oly lifters. For bench just roll it down towards your legs like this: youtu.be/hmU1UYEGahg?t=183 (3:03)
It's going to take a long time before you're a strong enough bencher to be in any real danger when you fail. Just remember to breathe in and hold your abs tight so it doesn't hurt when you roll it over your gut.

It is now. I mean, I never did that one (GSLP yes, but by the book, as one should) but I always wondered who would come up with such and then slap a Veeky Forums label on it so thousands of noobs could do it and complain afterwards.

It's a shame more people don't read the GSLP book. The gladiator or whatever it was called template was the most fun I had as a novice.

AMRAP means as many reps until your form breaks down, as opposed to as many reps until you feel like your arms/legs are about to give out.

Thats the exact opposite of but same mindset like saying brosplits are superior because Arnie did them. The main program is solid (anything Greyskull kinda is) and phraks changes not as bad as one could assume, he just happens to be a skinnyfat redditor too dumb to bulk. Do what I say, not what I do.

Absolutely. I did the whole linebacker mass stuff with >le neck harness and never looked back.

Wait so... this isn't a good routine? I've been doing it for the past month and a half.
I've only been doing chinups and dips instead of rows and cgbp. Have been adding 2.5kg ( upper body ) / 5kg ( lower body ) per session. But never went AMRAP, only 3x5. And at the end of every session I've also been doing some core work ( ab wheel rollouts, planks, weighted russian twists ), dead hangs and farmer's walk.

What should I have been doing instead?

Lifts since august 1st to today:
BP: 30kg - 62.5kg
OHP: 25kg - 37.5kg
SQ: 30kg - 85kg
DL: 30kg - 80kg

Would I be better off doing /fits/ Greyskull or a PPL routine for a beginner?