Reddit - PPL

I'm a beginner and keep getting recommended the reddit PPL. Does Veeky Forums think it has too much volume? How would you change it?
I'm really hoping to lift 6 days a week but don't want to sabatage any gains.

All the newfags are gonna be screeching about reddit and calling you a newfag, I doubt you'll get your question answered

c o o l
c i c a d a

Suboptimal, but doable. Like, a PPL for a bloody noob instead of a tried and trusted 3x/wk fullbody is idiotic, but IF you absolutely want to do that, this is by far not the worst choice, progression is what matters most and it has it incorporated in a not too retarded fashion.

If you just wanna get strong do 3x/wk full body
If you wanna get strong a little bit slower but also aesthetic do ppl

Sup Alex

I did it for a few months before making my own PPL. In terms of PPL, it's one of the least volume intense routines you can find. There are significantly higher volume PPLs out there.

That shit is unbalanced and favors chest too much.

> tried
yep
> trusted
lmao

I've been doing it (slightly modified) for almost three months now, it's working great for me. Try it user, people respond differently to different programs.

Personally I just love training hard almost every day, so even if I were progressing slower than I did on a thrice a week full body program) which I don't believe is the case so far) I'd still be doing PPL.

I went from sucking at bodyweight chin-ups to adding 16kg in like seven weeks fwiw.

kek, nope, but thanks for the hearty chuckle m8

you can trust them to do what they should, if you do them the way you should

never get answered in generals

I've been lifting for about 4 years now.
75kg BW. DL120 x 5, Bench 80 x 5, squat 130 x 5
Do you guys recommend this only for beginners?

ppl is not a beginner program at all. your lifts are right around where people would transition off beginner routines, so give ppl a try if 5/6days a week seems appealing to you

because nobody in the generals knows their shit either (and the quoted post aint even one, just another thread like yours about another routine). ask in QTDDTOT or simply try it and see how you like it after a month or so.

I dearly hope those are kg, and even then those numbers are still a bit awkward for 4 years. which, funnily enough, would enable you to still progress a fair bunch on a PPL like this, yes.

My lifts are kg and weak as fuck. I still dont think I look dyel. I was 83kg and had the same lifts about 6 months ago

then by all means get on this shit and try to progress as listed in the related reddit thread until you literally cant milk any gains out of it anymore

Run a program like this after you've developed some proficiency on the main lifts doing something like SS/BLSS so you start with higher weight.

I've done it for a month with substitution exercises for machines. It works well, lifts have been steadily going up. But I don't think is wise to judge a program without at least doing it 3 momths

Has anyone done it for >3 months?

I have done it.

I think you should swap to a more intense PPL routine after a few months.

How has it worked in terms of gains and strength?

Close to a year actually, until I could no longer linearly progress even with specifically bought 0.5lbs pl8s per side and such. Glad I did it, but wouldnt do it again. Had I known then what I know now, I would have made the same strength gains in four to six months of GSLP and then raped myself with volume on a big boy PPL or some sort of U/L. But it was fun, and the improving aesthetics right from the start did a trick or three on my self-conscious autism.

nigga what?

>4 years
>those numbers
just stop now

Bump

WHO PUT A BUMP HERE? I almost broke my neck!

Progress pics please?

Post pics pls

6 months of ppl

>OP

>WILL

>SURELY DELIVER

Really?

yes

Damn dude I'm going to give this a try

And it's the program in OP?

Did you lose weight the first month or just body fat? Mirin btw

No. that's dnaguy, he runs a very high volume ppl.

Thanks bro Im mirin

Bump

like what? Be also been doing this Reddit one for like a month

Natty

What can i do instead of deadlift

I ran Frankoman's dumbbell split six days a week when I was first starting. There's a link to it in the sidebar on /fitness. Did it for about six months before moving to a nicer gym with actual barbells.
> inb4 Planet Fitness fag

for a beginner?

why is 3 x a week so much better than PPL?
The way the reddit post is made it makes it seem like PPL is superior in every way?
It's so hard to decide

this is a discussion I had way too often, but essentially, less frequency means more intensity means more muscle protein synthesis and neuromuscular adaption

More overall volume is (everything else being equal) better provided, and this is the important part, you have the work capacity and recovery to make use of it. Beginners rarely do. So they're better off doing a bit less on each bodypart and doing it more often while building up the total workload.

But you do have to actually develop that work capacity over time or you're fucked the moment that a few sets a session stops being enough.

bumpo

meme routine

>3 sets of squats
>1(!) set of deadlifts
>14 sets for arms

why the fuck are you doing hip thrusts for 15 reps

Because I'm gay and want to have a nice ass for the guys at the club.

Just add Deadlifts to it on the pull day or the leg day if you can manage it and it's a solid starter program.

>Pullups isn't for arms