/fat/

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Last thread

>Lost 2kg in a week

Holy shit

Good work man.

i just lost 12 kg in two months lol

Sugar is the devil. I gained 2 lbs over the weekend! First time I had any in almost a month. Fucking ice cream cake. I even had a fast the day before cus' I knew this was coming.

5 weeks in. Went from 381-349. I'm trying my best to make it, guys.

I've finally kicked every unhealthy habit. Smooth sailing, r-r-right?

It takes days to get over a ridiculous high calorie meal. It's just better not to have it. Social pressure will always be there to put you in the situation of getting fat. You just have to decide which is more important: the social gains from eating or drinking high calorie bullshit or not gaining weight.

You're on the right track and doing great. There will be difficult decisions to make at some points but keep going and you'll have the strength to overcome them.

you guys take any supplements? I didnt want to invest in them unless i was sure they worked.

CONFESS

Two 300mg fish oil pills, a multivitamin, Vitamin C, broccoli max, 5000 unit Vitamin D, and creatine for lifting days and maintenance on off lift days.

Fucking ice cream. Another valuable lesson learned.

>tfw 6'2" 215-220 (weight has been fluctuating a lot recently cuz of keto)
>already lost ~70 lbs
>still need to lose another 20-30 lbs
>weight loss has plateaued hard
>still dyel mode
>still no gf

at least when I was morbidly obese I had food to comfort me. I have all the negatives of being fat with none of the benefits rn, I just want to drink beer and eat french fries until I die

yep, happened to me this weekend. so easy to justify it when you can get 1.5 quarts for about $2.50

>Getting back into my diet after lapsing
>Go home after a long day of work
>Crave licorice
>Crave french fries
>Crave pizza
>Crave ice cream
>Crave the entire fucking candy department of my local supermarket

HELP

>Got up this morning to go to the gym
>wasted ~25 minutes just going through the motions
>feeling terrible and sore
>leave after 40 minutes
>feel like a total fat fuck

Laying in bed, hating myself.

How are you doing today /fat/?

You're doing the right thing cutting those out of your mouth. The longer you keep them out of your mouth the easier it will get.

Thanks, but now I've just had dinner and I'm still hungry. I still feel the urge to shove something in my face. I may actually be legitimately hungry.

What's a "responsible" snack I can have after my three meals? I still have some yoghurt in the fridge. That's okay, r-right?

If your stomach is full and it is right after eating a meal then you aren't hungry. It's your brain telling you that you need a dopamine hit which is the exact opposite of what you should do. Baby carrots is a good snack if you're wanting just more food to stuff your stomach.

Sounds like youre making progress.

Contrary to popular belief, it isn't a pleasant ride. At least, not until you're fully used to your new healthy habits, except to meet some resistance.

>It's your brain telling you that you need a dopamine hit
Sounds like the way the brain of an addict would function. Maybe I should start treating it like that: I'm "addicted" to excessive eating and need to cold turkey my way through.

If the feeling of hunger persists after, say, an hour then I'm actually hungry and it's fine to eat more. Right?

>Sounds like the way the brain of an addict would function
It's very much like that. Remember drugs just take advantage of chemicals in the brain that are already there. Food does the same thing in a lot of the same ways just to a lesser extent than heroin, cocaine, or meth. I don't think you need to eat especially if you've had three meals. If you do feel tempted stuff yourself with vegetables as they are very low calorie and your stomach will be filled. The best thing you can do is ignore the impulse. The more and longer able to ignore the impulse the more you're getting into a healthy habit and the easier it gets.

Meal / Dinner help please.

What is a simple to prepare, minimum ingredient meal that I can eat 5 to 7 times a week (don't necessarily need to prepare all the meals at once)?

Potatoes
Eggs
Brocolli/Cale/Cauliflower

100 calories of soup is good a cup of warm food. Tomato is my go to, but watch the sodium

/fat/ /cook/ here, rate my breakfast, and lunch. Had the same as yesterday (still went under my CICO, roughly 1400kcal yesterday)

My lunch. I love cooking now.

Needs more fiber

Looks tasty but greasy though

If you own a rice cooker with a steam basket (or whatever it's called in English, pic related), you can pretty easily make simple meals.

>Cook rice (preferably brown rice), don't forget to add some salt and olive oil for flavor (and maybe some sesame oil if you're into that)
>At the same time steam your vegetables of choice in the steam basket (broccoli, green peas, chickpeas, whatever you like)
>Add some source of protein to taste

If you really want to do it on the cheap/easy, just add a can of tuna to your rice and peas. It's a simple enough base that still allows for some variation (you can swap what vegetables you steam or what protein source you add).

cancer/death

frozen veggie mix and meat/fish/tofu baked in the oven. with. change the veggies from time to to time just like the meat. and use quark with herbs as dip.

Definitely greasy, but I get 1 cheat a day, luckily it isn't swarming in calories (about 240 cal for entire plate). I had broccoli yesterday with breakfast, but I'm almost out and saved it for my lunch instead

1 cheat a day?

I know :( but those are turkey links at least. I want to switch to turkey bacon, but I'm not a fan of the taste and it doesn't get as crispy as pork bacon.

cheat day* or in this case 2 cheat days because I had the same yesterday. Didn't feel like making eggs.

How to squat while fat without breaking the knees?

You don't. Lose weight first. If you can do squats without injuring yourself (as in do the right form) then squat without weight, use a box or a bed or table or something to get used to it. Then gradually add weight. You don't really need weight because your body is already fat, adding more would probably injure you. These are the words of my doctor.

Depending on how fat you are, I'd say you're better of swimming until you're no longer a landwhale (to avoid joint strain).

Also, who's that lady? She has a pretty hot bod. Veeky Forums girls are amazing.

Well I can't seem to reduce my calorie intake. Guess I'll just need to swim more.

>can't reduce calorie intake
Eat less carbs, substitute it with a veg or meat.

Squat with a wide stance.

Already tried. I just end up losing it and going on a binge.
I once ate a fucking kilogram of carrots over the course of an hour to make sure I wouldn't be able to eat anything else and ended up eating a 600grams pizza soon after anyway.
I can't seem to build discipline and leaving 5 minutes away from a supermarket doesn't help.

>5000 unit Vitamin D

Nigga just go outside.

I weight 120Kg now. Used to be 150Kg. I als started lifting a year ago but didn't Squat. I used the leg press instead but it's starting to hurt my back. I'll post a pic later.

Halo Top and protein bars
Never went over calories and I know they are “low sugar” but still feels wrong

Doctors orders on that vitamin. The 5000 unit pill is misleading by the number. Really it's the smallest vitamin I take. Also I'm schizophrenic so going outside is a bit harder for me than most people.

>120kg
oof, yeah I'd hold off on squats until you lose a bit more. More than likely you're going to have pretty bad form and it's gonna injure you even more. If you think your form is great, then by all means go ahead and do them. But I'd use a pool or something light for legs so you don't strain your joints and muscles
Eh, not gonna lie, that's pretty sad mange.

I know. But since I enjoy swimming I'll just go swim for 3 hours 3 times a week. Hopefully it'll be enough. I don't even eat that unhealthily when I don't try to reduce my caloric intake.

Because think about this. Depending on how tall you are, more than likely your normal weight is going to be less than 190-200lbs. So your body is already hefting 60+ lbs of extra baggage just by walk somewhere. When you do heavy leg exercises like a squat you're putting more pressure than is needed on your lower body.

1. Heat chicken/bacon/whatever meat in wok
2. Remove after it has cooked abit, don't give it too much yet
3. Add onion, garlic (chili, ginger etc.) and cook until onion is translucent
4. Add thinly sliced cabbage, cook until it's soft and reduced (can also be carrot, any kind of kale or cabbage you like)
5. Add meat from step 1 plus fish sauce/soy sauce/whatever you want
6. Eat

Me too, what the fuck.
I've been losing about a 1kg a week for months, and today scale says I've lost 2kg since last week. I didn't do anything special or anything, too.

So I weighed myself today and I'm down to 250lbs. Looks like a lot of it was water weight after all, since I doubt I lost 7 pounds of fat in 2 days.

I shop at a warehouse store and they sell food in bulk.

They sell 6lbs for $9.99, which is a pretty good deal

The plan was to make breakfast shakes with it but instead I just binged and I'm not buying it anymore so the temptation isn't there.

see ate 6lbs of peanut butter, a gallon of milk and a bunch of bananas last week

I ended up eating a few weeks worth of "shake ingredients" within a couple days

This is more of a work meal idea, but... tortilla wraps.
Takes 2 mins if you use ready to eat ingredients, such as canned tuna or hummus plus veggies of some sort. Lots of room for experimentation.

I've been taking 6g of citrulline malate before each workout and it gives me energy when I have none from calorie deficit+intermittent fasting. I also take 400mg of caffeine.

>binge hard as fuck last night
>food isn't even all that enjoyable
>stop eating halfway and make another meal to fill in the food void
>it's also not even enjoyable
>still finish it because I already made it
>3700 calories wasted on dog shit
>wake up today mentally and physically feeling like shit
Welp, now I know never to make this mistake again. For what purpose to people binge for? I think I've gotten used to eating less now so that's why I feel so bad.

peanut butter is what people eat if they want to gain weight, user

it worked

Out of habit. Hope that the endorphins make everything better.

I've been slowing on weight loss this past week because not going to the gym as much+eating around my maintenance. Stuck at 205lbs for a while now. I was using the excuse that it's just a break but I need to lose 20lbs by thanksgiving so it's time to get serious.

That's two and a half pounds a week. Going to have to deficit consistently fro two months. You can do it.

You should think about buying peanut butter powder. It's around 70 calories for 3 tbsps, so you get the flavor or peanuts, some protein and fiber, but without all the calories from the oil and you probably won't feel tempted to scarf down powdered nut.

161 calories left after dinner.
Hmm a couple of chocolate cream bourbons wouldn't be unwelcome right now.

A 20 minute walk is a responsible snack

the true protip is to eat more on days you work out and eat less on rest days, about a 200-300 difference. that worked wonders for me.

being thin feels better fattie

Count all your calories before eating them, write it down somewhere. Figure out how many calories you've lost each workout. Usually comparing the two will make you less motivated to eat because you realize eating a slice a pizza will reverse that hour of hard exercise you just did.

In the end it just depends on how badly you want your goal.

fucking hell it's fall, why is it still hot outside? getting a little pissy here bros

KYfag here, it's 84F with a humidity of 45% so it feels like 88. It's suppose to get up to 90 tomorrow, most likely humidity being 50-60% means maybe 5F+ hotter

Th-thanks for reminding me MFP
;_;

Alright I'll wait till I lose more before I start squatting. Btw, do you guys have some low calorie breakfast ideas? I'm used to a full bowl of muesli and 2 kiwis but that's too caloric. I'd like things that really fill that stomach so as to avoid gastric reflux.

Eggs, bacon, sausage, broccoli, small steak maybe, other veggies. Pretty much meat and a veg for low cal. Just don't eat red meat every day, because of cholesterol and fat, unless you're in keto, then just switch out high cholesterol for lower cholesterol meats.

>binged on powerbars again

learn some fucking self-control, avatarfag. ask yourself this, why are you binging multiple times a week?

>Had been gifted a barbell by ma father some time ago
>Its only 65kg+bar but I finally maxed 5x5 bench press today
You can laugh all you want but Im proud of myself

I used to do that quite often when I was younger, missed opportunity, now gotta do it the hard way.

gj

Forgive me FATher for I have sinned: I havent been really tracking calories recently, today was the first day in a week I worked out (i didnt lose any strenght though).

too greasy dude

If I could fix one thing in my life with a snap of my fingers (that I can change) it would be fucking binging, how the fuck did I even develop this devilish habit.

>tfw gynoid fat distribution
Why even live? Unless I go full holodomor mode, any bulk for gains will send the fat to my tits and thighs. It's either killing myself or becoming a qt trap.

realistically, how much does muscle built/sustained add on to a persons TDEE?
i put in i go to the gym 6 times a week and the calculation came out to an additional 1000 calories compared to a sedentary life style

or option c) the mentioned holocaust mode

>Breakfast: Yoghurt, banana and milk
>Lunch: Two sandwiches and a smoothie
>Dinner: Salmon tagliatelle with spinach
>After-meal snack: an apple
>STILL HUNGRY
S-should I go for some yoghurt? Just fucking end me already.

Going from a hamsteroid to a hungry skelly, what's the point? I just wanna look good for once.

Finally got the money together for a gym membership, im anxious. Its a whole new environment and I far from the gym material.

Just aim for Hieronymusmode

There are ways to get over the plateau, do some research. You may gain a few pounds, but you'll end up losing more overall.Sorry, I'm no expert, so I couldn't give concrete advice. My apologies.

It's always difficult with workout calories.
I only do cardio, but I subtract 25% to be on the safe side.

Cup of tea and off to bed

Ok Veeky Forums, now that I'm steadily losing weight, how do I turn the rest of my life around.

I'm like 3 months away from reaching my goal weight maybe even less if I'm really strict but I'm seriously losing motivation. Lost something like 45lbs yet still nothing else has changed in my life.

you don't

Buy a pack. Several packs. Eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner until the very thought of them makes you sick.

Oh.
I'll be 27 tomorrow, I hear there's a quite exclusive club you can join at that age, I'll see about that. Hope they also let non-famous people in.

Happy Birthday. Don't join that club user. People care about you.

I think that's reasonably common. Has happened to me in the past.
I guess the key is to make a new goal, like being able to run x distance in y time or whatever.

been looking into the washroom mirror recently and smiling at what i'm seeing instead of my usual depressed sulk

i like this feeling.

Nothing confess Father. I've been a good boy

Good job.

>drank a gallon of milk as soon as i got home again

>tfw binged on banana peels again

Going to only eat dinner (800-1000kcal) the next four days to lose more weight before a trip with some buddies.
I'm also going to walk as much as I can handle.
I'm not quite ready for the full multiple-day water fast just yet.

Wtf I just realized the tune I bought have fucking 1g sodium per can. That's why I've gotten sodium bombed in myfitnetspal for a while.

Fuck that shit I'm giving it to my local hobo

What's with all these faggots shitting up the thread with binging comments?