Mew/Tongue Posture General: Q&A edition

GTFIH The God Savior is doing a Q&A
the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/dr-mike-mew-qa-session/

REPENT NON-BELIEVERS, HE HAS COME TO GUIDE US

98% of Modern Humans are under-developed in their skull, and thus their entire biology - all the major growth hormones are in the skull. Those humans with excellent development are that which is known as Chad/Stacey. These "models" are simply examples of proper development: Forward grown jaws and maxillas giving wide straight smiles, well supported eyes, prominent cheekbones, hollow cheeks, sharp jawlines, and excellent development in general.

There is no genetic code for crowded teeth and impacted wisdom teeth in almost all humans. Our jaws - and therefor our entire cranio-skull complex - are underdeveloped.

IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS SHIT

If you are an adult, it can be corrected.

I can ask questions in that thread for people here as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqlxAdmky10
youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8
youtube.com/watch?v=E1uiey9RyXc&t=2162s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10407539
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314569/
researchgate.net/publication/235662991_Slow_maxillary_expansion_in_adult_patients_A_pilot_study
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3700158/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3442437/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3777027/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19835181
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4409608/
forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/do-skull-bones-move.107577/
slideshare.net/drnabilmuhsen/postnatal-growth-of-the-skull-and-jaws-dr-nabil-al-zubair
the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/your-success-story/
honorfranklin.com/myofunctional-gallery.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hypothalamus, Pituitary, Pineal Glands are all in your skull. If your skull is under-developed, imagine how badly it could be fucking with your hormones - including HGH and Test. Also Seratonin

Quick rundown on mewing:
youtube.com/watch?v=iqlxAdmky10
Not-Quick Rundowns on mewing:
youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8
youtube.com/watch?v=E1uiey9RyXc&t=2162s

Could someone ask him for a fucking guide? I keep hearing about this shit but nobody ever tells me how to do it

There's been anons helping eachother in all of the archive threads.

It's essentially using your jaw and tongue to push the entire hard palate forward, up, and spread it out wider.

It's like riding a bike. You just get it when you get it

These threads are the biggest broscience on the planet.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10407539
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314569/
researchgate.net/publication/235662991_Slow_maxillary_expansion_in_adult_patients_A_pilot_study
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3700158/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3442437/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3777027/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19835181
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4409608/
forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/do-skull-bones-move.107577/
slideshare.net/drnabilmuhsen/postnatal-growth-of-the-skull-and-jaws-dr-nabil-al-zubair

There's tons more but I'm not rifting through all my bookmarks for you

This is science that has not hit the mainstream yet. You're only causing your own suffering by not doing this

I have a jawline in almost all lighting conditions now, which wasn't there before I mewed. Took like a year and a half

Mid-Face still hella recessed though

Sciencefags give me a quick rundown

I'm coming up with something that speeds up the process brehs. Gonna try out my prototype for a while and see if I get results then if it works I'll post here

brb booking lefort III osteotomy ASAP Tbh

What up fellow /mew/ers

I've being doing more research into orthodontics (and orthotropics) and it seems like our narrow palates - perhaps caused by using our jaws and biting less during development - are an aesthetic problem. Leads to small mouths and narrow maxillas.

I've been thinking about going for palatal expansion - does anyone have experience with this? As an adult it will be a slower process but it's definitely possible.

Image search 'palatal expansion before and after'. It's pretty much always a positive change, especially for guys. Unlike extractions, which can be hit or miss for people.

Basically our 32 teeth are having a tough time fitting because our mouths are too small from lack of chewing. This seems like one reliable way to improve it.

U better post for free
Surgury makes you look fucked up. Humans a supercomputers for analysing Human faces, if you get something moved and the rest of the face hasn't grown organically with it you'll be forever uncanny valley

Chad is grown, not created

was kidding boyo, reason I went for the most extreme surgery there is (literally snapping your skull in half)

all it really confirms is that having a small recessed peanut skull makes you want to visit gandhi on even an physiological level, JFL @ the blackpill that is reality Tbh

I'm 2mm into expanding my palate. I keep the device out long as possible to hold tongue posture, and keep it in at night

In 1 1/2 months my palate is 3mm wider. It's irrefutable because the gap in the expander device is 2mm and it still fits snug between me molar teeth like it did when I got it

Yeah I look better

I will just don't wanna put it out before I try it for a while and have some one choking to death on my concious

Thank Jebus for the black pill, I can't imagine going back to being bluepilled what a fucking waste.

But I'm already tall and good frame, my face just developed fucked up because of forceps birth and lack of breastfeeding.

Stumbling onto this shit was one of the best things to ever happen to me, my face and mood are improving steadily. I figure with the expander I can get 1cm of advancement and width (based on where my tongue fits between my teeth, this should be where I was supposed to be).

When I run my hand across my face I feel my cheekbones. I actually have bone prominence in my face now. Also: I can breath way better through both nostrils 100% of the time.

Give us a hint, lots of us have been doing this shit for years and will probably be able to help.

If it involves being upside down for a short period to allow more force for a while, that's been explored. Pro-Tip: It works. It allows the sutures to open up, but you need proper tongue posture all day regardless

I just haven't been doing it since I already have an expander

H O P E

Right I was curious how the device affects tongue posture, does it get in the way of e.g. the back third of the tongue?

Also does the palate expander affect the lower jaw / bottom teeth at all?

Thanks

Not upside down but basically something flexible the shape of the upper palate that you put in between the upper palate and the tongue so when the mouth is closed it would put way more pressure on the upper palate than the tongue alone. Also would push the tongue down in between the lower teeth theoretically widening the lower jaw

The back third of the tongue has space with an expander. The front doesn't so I alternate between putting the expander in and mewing so that I'm getting a natural rate of growth.

The expander is like a comfort of mind. It's expanded, which means I know results are happening. Otherwise it can be disheartening since the results happen like .5mm per week which is hardly noticeable if you look in the mirror for a while every day like I do

what shuold i be feeling if im mewing properly? balanced pressure to the whole top of your mouth roof? im new to this

Yes, pressure along the whole roof of your mouth. However, you may need to push hard for a few moments every little while to cause the sutures to loosen up and generate new bone growth/movement

How do I correct not being able to breathe when mewing? If I put the whole tongue in the roof of my mouth and push up there's simply no space and I can't breathe

Do you even read this? The first source literally sats nothing that supports this.

LESSON FOR PLEBS:

>

Here are some conclusions of the research:

- Maxilla can be expanded in adults. Even many orthos fall into the meme of only kids can do this, based on their training in the 80s and before
- Nonsurgical fixes for class III malocclusion (underbite I believe) in 22 year old female
- Skull bones do not fuse the same way as other bones, meaning they can constantly grow and remodel over time

And there's more solid case studies showing remodeling happening without surgery.

If you're not mewing, what are you doing?

Also, if I'm using invasalign retainers (only during the night), will mewing work for me?

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10407539
>The pressures at rest were of similar magnitude (about 2 g/cm2) at the buccal and lingual sides of the mandibular posterior teeth. The median resting pressure at the maxillary posterior teeth was 2.7 g/cm2 on the buccal side and 1.0 g/cm2 on the lingual side. The difference in the maxilla was significant,

Shoo Shoo Shill

That means you are underdeveloped. It's ok most people are.

You didn't have enough space for your tongue in your mouth, so it's in your airway. The only way to correct this is to create the space in your mouth (which is essentially widening and moving the maxilla forward). This will take time and effort.

Right now, when you sit at normal posture, your head is likely forward and tilted up. This is because your body attempted to free the airway by first tilting your head back, and then pushing the head forward in order to maintain balance.

Nothing there about it leading to better jaw lines, just conclusions that teeth alignment is maintained by pressure from the cheeks and tounge.

Nothing says it was a timed study that measured changed in maxilla or anything. Learn how to read man and look at the only conclusion that these people drew.

severe IQcel here Tbh

thanks lad

Says the guy that can't read an abstract. The study literally only measured pressure. It did nothing else.

I posted multiple studies guy, maybe learn to have some focused attention and read the rest of them so that you can connect some dots

> The back third of the tongue has space with an expander. The front doesn't so I alternate between putting the expander in and mewing so that I'm getting a natural rate of growth.

OK cool, back third is most important from what I understand anyways. So if you can do that why take out the expander more than necessary, sounds like that will just slow down your progress.

Btw, any differences in the lower jaw? I know it will fix slight tooth crowding in upper jaw, I also have slight crowding in bottom teeth and I don't want to do extractions...

> Otherwise it can be disheartening since the results happen like .5mm per week which is hardly noticeable if you look in the mirror for a while every day like I do

Dude that sounds like a ton of progress! From my research, kids and teens only do 1mm per week, which is rapid ME.

Also I was wondering how willing/likely are orthodontists to set you up with the palatal expander? I feel like I might have to convince them if they're stupid/old school, otherwise they're gonna want to extract. I have slight class I malocclusion (small overjets I believe) which I want to fix for long-term health and aesthetic purposes.

Thanks

l2extrapolate buddy boyo

I'm reading through em. Seems like a lot of them are unrelated desu.

Extrapolate from unrelated studies. Sure.

Some before and afters here:
the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/your-success-story/

Anons posted their own in other general threads but I can't find them in the archive.

Nobody who has done this shit for over 3 months has come back with no results. The human body is self-correcting if you have the knowledge to self correct.

We shouldn't even have to be dealing with this shit, we should've had natural birth, breastfeeding, and hard diets.

But it is correctable

How do I widen and move my maxilla forward exactly?

Yeah... That's kind of how scientific studies are. Multiple people studying different things.

Connect. Dots.

Studies all show that skull growth is never halted, it can restart and skull bones can move well into late adulthood. Studies show that maxillary expansion causes the maxilla to grow/move forward.

Wisdom (rather than being over-intellectual) would say that clearly we are meant to develop wide full jaws which are forward grown.

Plaster the tongue to the roof of your mouth. Close your jaw while resisting this closing with your tongue. =Upward and forward pressure = Upward and forward growth (Wolffs Law, biofags).

>It's like riding a bike. You just get it when you get it

This is a good analogy. You just have to keep going until you get it, and once you've got it it's undeniable.

It's worth the time

Holy reddit spacing batman

You can't "connect the dots" between these kinds of studies because their different factors and variables involved. Take the first one and the third one. One measuers pressure in adults the other tested the effect of a semi-permanent device in a girl with malocclussion.

Neither of them really prove enything with regards to the definition of jaw lines and mewing. The latter especially. You can't expect the use of your tounge to mimic a device that looks like this.

>You can't expect the use of your tounge to mimic a device that looks like this.

Why? Give me one good reason why

> Studies show that maxillary expansion causes the maxilla to grow/move forward.

I'm curious about palatal expanders, I know they will widen the maxilla but do you think they will also move it forward?

It hits the teeth from different angle for one. There's more than one area of force application. It's on constantly while you probably stop mewing while you sleep. Etc etc.

Ahh yes my dude, that is whole philosophy: The position of the tongue is sub-conscious. If you consciously apply it to it's correct position, it eventually becomes sub-conscious routine which will happen even while you are asleep.

I can attest to this, because I now wake up with my mouth closed and my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

Hitting the teeth from angles is over-intellectualising the obvious: There should be enough room in your mouth for your entire tongue to sit in the proper position.

With proper development and environment (breastfeeding, tough food) the body naturally develops the way it should. But most of us have not had this proper development. Once you are aware of improper position, it must be corrected.

If the body will respond to an appliance pushing your molar teeth apart, bet your fucking ass it'll respond to your tongue pushing and signalling that it doesn't have enough room

Exactly. It's slow growth, not surgary coping. Everyone wants instant result SMFH DESU

If I expand my pallate will it change the positioning of my teeth? I already have them nicely positioned from invisalign braces, so I'm afraid that my diastema will come back

Yes, but only to correct positions. Your jaw is supposed to grow and your teeth are supposed to fit in properly. Holding a vice around the teeth to make them straight makes the jaw grow improperly.

For lower teeth: They ache just like the uppers do. The same ache that people have when getting braces. The upper jaw expands, the lower jaw does too. You're not lego pieces, you're a living organism.

>For lower teeth: They ache just like the uppers do. The same ache that people have when getting braces. The upper jaw expands, the lower jaw does too. You're not lego pieces, you're a living organism.

Thanks for your response. Good, this is exactly what I was hoping for with ME treatment. Do you think the teeth will automatically do any repositioning to their proper places/angles just from being given more space?

I think then for slight class I malocclusions (teeth jetting a bit outwards from lack of space) it can probably be treated with palatal expansion + invisalign or something like that. Wouldn't mind getting some other opinions on this.

Damn, getting Ortho Pilled is awesome.

It's interesting to connect the dots between attractiveness and physical fitness, in an evolutionary sense.

Here's one potential reason why attractive male faces make sense: they have better function. OK that sounds obvious.

Here's a specific example: a wider and forward grown maxilla almost certainly has implications for the function of the nose. It may be wider and helps one breath better. Advantages from an evolutionary sense:

1) Better cardiovascular fitness, you can take in more oxygen with a better nose. This may imply you can run and hunt better - most of early human hunting before tools was just running long distances after animals until they died of exhaustion.

2) Less mouth breathing, implying better overall defense against disease. The noise acts as a filter to random shit in the air that gets you sick. Mike Mew says himself, most of the patients in the ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) department are the same ones who need ortho treatment and are mouth breathers.

I think women are fairly visual just like men, except they are focusing on calculating this sort of stuff from our faces. At least this is how they will sort men out after survival concerns are accounted.

This may be the only good thing to come out of all my time internet browsing

I’m mewing. Should I continue to wear my retainer at night or nah

god help you.

I think if you're wearing a retainer, it's to lock in place some structural changes to your bones/teeth that have occurred from previous orthodontic work, isn't that right? Otherwise you might have a chance of relapse (e.g. teeth moving back into wrong places).

Not an expert though, still learning about all this stuff.

have fun with your retainer which encourages further maxillary retrusion. Do you trade poor occlusion for maxilla gains or maxilla gains for good occlusion. Orthodonists correct occlusion by braces and retainers which narrow your palate and prevent forward growth.

The teeth are just 32 bones within the larger complex. They settle into their proper positions when the rest of the jaw is corrected
Halo effect is properly developed effect. We are hardwired to want proper development in the people around us and reject those who have poor development.

Can I still expand my pallate if I had my wisdom teeth removed?

Depends on where you are. But most definitely a human should not require a retainer to hold their craniofacial complex in place. That's what the tongue is for

joke post???? breathe with your nose???

Your tounge should be sucked to the roof of your mouth. How's that gonna work when you have something stuck inbetween?

No harm done in combining both methods though

So post-maxilla expansion you don't think any form of braces will be needed if the occlusion is slight? I suppose this is something more for an orthodontist, but I appreciate your responses, you seem quite knowledgeable.

I'm honestly not even sure if this is a meme or what but now the whole way I position shit in my mouth has changed to this permanently now so I hope it's gonna help lol

Do you still have occlusion?

Once the bone has grown between sutures there should be no need for external appliances.

Orthodontists have been taught improperly. 1/2 of them will tell you that the palate/maxilla cannot be expanded in results, and they will listen to nothing else because that is how they were taught.

Another 1/2 will tell you that they've been expanding adults well into their 50s.

Which says everything that needs to be said about that profession

No I can't breathe with my nose too

Some guy on that forum posted proof of forward growth in adults found here:
honorfranklin.com/myofunctional-gallery.html

A different doctor preaching mewing.

Will post the pics here

30 year old woman

Legit 6 > Dime

>Once the bone has grown between sutures there should be no need for external appliances.

Sorry I don't fully understand what this means?

I have mild/slight class I malocclusion on top and bottom teeth, basically things got a little crowded so they jet outwards slightly. No extractions ever, growing up I was considered for braces but ultimately never had them.

Yeah I'm not working with an Ortho who doesn't have a more holistic and updated view of the field...

So you think palatal expander is probably all that would be needed for this type of thing? Like I said it's slight but enough to negatively affect my side profile from being optimal.

It's so subtle as well!
Like if you had no idea what the maxilla was you wouldn't know what had happened to make her get so much better looking.

50 year old woman taken from another thread on that forum

These are fantastic. Could we get a summary of what techniques this guy used?

Less dramatic effect.

Mewing won't make you a model if you were never destined to be one.

I think you can only get so much effect from it and that it's very dependent on how much of a mouth breather you were before.

How long until you actually notice a difference?

Wrong question

oh well, my mouth got used to it so I guess I'll notice it when it happens

Take a picture and check a year from now.
If you were a mouth breather before you'll see some difference but it'll be subtle just like the pictures

Small differences in the face = huge difference in how you are perceived by others. One eye 1mm asymmetrical to another is noticeable subconsciously

Are there any benefits to being able to get your tongue on top of the soft palate? Some anons were talking about it and posting links a few threads ago.

Most definitely. Now you're delving into yogic science

Wow you people are fuckin weird

Let's say constant tongue pressure on the roof of your mouth can in fact shift / reshape your maxilla over time. Wouldn't it do absolutely nothing for weak / receded / narrow / underdeveloped jaw, though? Also, if the goal is to reshape bones, why put pressure on *soft* palate?

Nnnno? For the first part. It's your tongue and jaw (masseter) muscles in question here. They can be strengthened, no question. And when they are strong, the masseter pushes up and forward, and the tongue stops it just short of grinding teeth. In it's proper position, the tongue does pic related with that force, spreading it up into the Maxilliofacial complex (Everything that isn't you'r mandible really). The bones shift with the pressure, because we're living organisms not pottery. There are sutures in the skull dividing it 20+ times in an adult. They are growth sites.

hey mewbros, i have a question about technique. When people say the posterior third lf the tongue should be on the roof, just how far back do they mean? It feels like the tongue goes a long way back into the mouth, and I cant get that bit up on the roof.

Also, does anyone know what would happen with gaps in the teeth? I know if youre teeth are cramped they spread out over time from mewing, does that mean people with gaps will have larger gaps over time?

I've been mewing for over a year I'm of the opinion the palate needs more pressure than just tongue as an adult to promote change

Fuck, pic related. But it also does it laterally. This picture shows saggitaal growth. But there is also transverse and coronal verse movement of the tongue and growth in those directions. That's why your tongue is the only muscle that can fucking do acrobatics, it's supposed to push up and forward in many diffrent directions to properly place the force from your jaw/masseter into and upward/forward force on the maxilla.

It's a woman doctor.
Same techniques as Mike Mew

Teeth together, lips together, tongue against the roof of your mouth.
It's especially important to get the back 3rd of your tongue up against the palate, it's the most difficult part to do.

Notice how they were all mouth breathers, these are the people who will see the most noticeable changes by Mewing and even these changes are only slight.

this thread

Been mewing for 9 years. Rate my progress

brb booking silicone implants for aerodynamic jaw of gandy ASAP Tbh

tl;dr uglycels cope with mewing even thought there is no osteoblast proliferation needed to induce skull growth. after the age of 20 mewing only only prevents further retrusion but it isn't going to improve your aesthetics after the age of 20.

im so fucking ugly, autistic. im a high inhib, dicklet, manlet, brainlet retard uglycel its ogre for me. i will never ascend or amount to anything in life

in addition to all this i cant even win in crypto. my portfolio is so fucking red. I always lose. im such a low IQ brainlet autist that I cant even cope with crypto.
> tfw unironically lose my life savings in crypto