I don't understand how some athletes claim caloric intakes ~10k or whatever

I don't understand how some athletes claim caloric intakes ~10k or whatever.

Something like swimming only burns 700 calories per hour.

BMR
my body needs x amount of calories to maintain
the larger you are, the more calories

so someone who is 6'4" 220 @

>I dont think many athletes need 10k calories

Eddie Hall claims a 10k calorie diet.

>burns 700 calories per hour.
>Be swimmer non manlet have TDEE of 3-4k
>Swim 6-10 hours a day at higher intensity than the average.
Wa la 10 k calories.

Eddie hall and brain shaw are behmoths that weight 300 lbs with more muscle than fucking Arnold.

>>Be swimmer non manlet have TDEE of 3-4k

Michael Phelps' BMR is about 2k. Which means he would need to make up ~8k in exercise. Olympic athletes train long, but I don't think they go for 10+ hours a day.

not to mention all the gear they're on

10k is highballing it but at such extremes, who really cares

swimming is no impact so they can balls to the walls with intensity & volume , cycling come close but it's low / medium impact .

Swimming will obviously burn more calories per hour if you are swimming like michael phelps retard.

>Something like swimming only burns 700 calories per hour.

now guess what happens when you spend 6 hours a day swimming as part of your training program? that's 6 * 700 = 4200 kcal. add BMR and you're up to 6000 kcal, which is an insane amount of food already.

>300

get a load of THIS clueless moron. try 410-450, kid.

Drop the water temp by a few degrees zo increase alertness and add another 100kcal per hour

There's a clean difference between how a guy like Phelps swim and your average joe swim. If a normal guy burns 700 cal swimming in an hour, Phelps swimming at 3x this speed is probably burning 1000+ cals.

not to mention the high tech gear he is on that consumes every joule of energy in his body.

wtf? a jewel is a measure of stone, not energy. jeeze how retarded can you get? its called a calorie, moron

>wa la
I hope I am being baited

is this bait? did you go to school?
5/10

half of that is fucking grains, no thanks lol

weak bait

Now swim all day when training, like 8-10hours

would have been better bait without the "wtf?" really made it too obvious

That's because they're on steroids. You're delusional if you think all professional altheletes aren't on some kind of PED

ill try better next time senpaiou

>what is basal metabolic rate

Even when they're not moving, they burn cals faster and accumulate less fat than the average person. That's what a high metabolism is. Also why it's never as simple as cals in/cals out, for instance the types of fat in your diet greatly influence how much you burn. If it's high in polyunsaturated fats (fast food, processed shit, chips) you're going to have a slow metabolism and accumulate fat whereas if it's mostly olive oil, coconut oil and butter you're gonna have a fast metabolism. Generally, keeping your diet relatively low fat will raise metabolism.

>Wtf am I talking about: the post

>Wa la

Do you mean 'voilĂ '?

Nigga...
Is this a troll?

>voilĂ 
Did you mean viola?

Your metabolic needs will be higher in the hours following exercise as your cells replace energy stores. Sometimes known as oxygen debt.