I just watched a kid die at my gym

>idaho
>doing an ab workout on the second floor of my university rec center
>about to go downstairs to finish workout
>notice a huge group of at least 15 paramedics and staff
>go closer, a student was on the ground getting chest compressions
>staff guy tells me i can't watch them
>go downstairs, workout for another 15 minutes, and then head back upstairs for a few final reps on a crunch machine
>still doing chest compressions
>see his bare foot
>it's blue/gray
>leave my workout early, contemplate life
I'm not positive he's dead, but they had been doing nonstop chest compressions for at least 15 minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

globalnews.ca/news/3745564/cyclist-dies-after-being-hit-by-school-bus-in-montreal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

any proof?

>doing an ab workout
Are you a woman or just gay?

i wouldn't worry about it too much. some people just leave the earth early assuming it wasn't something avoidable. could've had a heart condition he didn't know about.

Probably dead. You do basic first aid, they tell you not a lot of people come back when you need chest compression's.

You will feel better soon user.

If they've been going for 15 minutes, he's dead. It's unfortunately just the way life is, easy to die and then that's it. Poor fucker for having it so young, but what can you do? Move on and keep living, the dead don't weep and he's not your relative/someone you know, no point losing sleep over it.

Chest compression for extra gains.

Hope you did not forget your pws

Yeah, I didn't know him (at least I think... I couldnt see his face). I'm not too bothered by death but it's still a strange thing. I feel bad for his family.

no proof, but if you google "idaho student dies at gym" or something later this week i assume there will be something about it. Again, he could possibly be alive but i doubt it.

>he doesn't harvest those sweet core gainz to make the girls swoon

Yeah definitely, it's something that's tragic to them and it's definitely kinda fucking weird to see. desu Just don't think about it, it's inevitable and unavoidable, so don't waste any energy towards it until you feel your time is near.

You're probably in a bit of shock, take care of yourself and if you start having depressing thoughts, think about talking to someone.

Find out who he was dating and be the grievance hookup. He is almost certainly dead, chest compressions rarely work

Was there an ambulance on scene?

I once was working a job where someone hung themselves, and died instantly. I preformed chest compressions until someone got their with a AED.. AED didnt work, kept on doing chest compressions for like 30 minutes until ambulance got there(I was fucking exausted.. no one wanted to hop in and help me).. the guy died still..

Feelsbadman fucked with my head for a while, but I got over it eventually.

No, all the paramedics just teleported to the gym

thanks user. I feel fine. Just a weird experience.
there were several and a fire truck and multiple cop cars. Its actually really impressive how good our first responders are-when else in history have u had 10's of people show up within 15 minutes of you having an accident

LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!

good advice user, I will make sure to do this, thanks

Probably misunderstood how to perform a deadlift.

What was he doing? Could you tell from whatever weights were left around or from the floor you were on and what area? Was it meme exercises, benching, or did he somehow die from curls? How big of a guy was he, was this a fit guy that made one fatal mistake or was this a dyel doing something retarded?

These are questions that need to be answered man, you can't just tell us something like this without a little more information or if you don't have it, at least an educated guess seeing as you know this gym better than we do.

Good to hear mate

Hey I'm an actual medic. Some counties run their operations differently with medics tagged on to fire and transport done on ambulances with emts.
This story sounds fake and gay because any half brained medic would've transported this kid immediately and not waited around the scene for 15 minutes for compressions to magically work if it was available.

Working out your abs is one thing, but having an entire session dedicated to just abs is literally what faggots do

I couldn't see much of his body because there were so many people around him. He was on the indoor track running. He looked about average height and runner mode (again i couldn't see a whole lot)

I don't know what to tell you, other than it's not fake and gay. Unless he magically survived, there will be a news story about it later this week I assume. I said earlier, I have no proofs but look online next week for an article about student dying at idaho rec center

Why don't you report the story to your local news to hurry the process along?

where in idaho
>inb4 byu-idaho

I saw a school bus kill a cyclist a couple weeks ago. Tire tracks and bloodstains are still on the street. Reminder to do your cardio indoors brehs.

globalnews.ca/news/3745564/cyclist-dies-after-being-hit-by-school-bus-in-montreal/

I'm pretty new to lifting. Why are abs gay? Girls love them

I don't know his name or any details about him, nor do i know for certain that he's dead. If you'd like, I can post a screenshot of the email that I'm sure the provost will send to all students this week sometime.

I was trying to stay user but whatever, I'm at the University of Idaho. I have class soon but I'll try to keep the thread updated

>indoor track
Jesus how the fuck do you die from that unless you weren't paying attention at all? He was a dyel confirmed (more like a dyer) and probably a manlet, manlets have a combination of overconfidence and naivety to think that they won't have to learn how to properly do something and everything will be alright.
If OP is serious then that won't mean jack shit because they would already know. If OP is trolling then not only would that be pointless, but he wouldn't do it.

Probably an undiagnosed arrhythmia if he was running.
This happens at every university every few years. People don't usually have any complications until their in their 20s doing some sort of aerobic exercise and it just hits them out of nowhere.

It's probably just a dude with a weak heart.

>Reminder to do your cardio indoors brehs.
But evidently that's how guy in OP died.

Working your abs isn't gay he's just baiting you. That being said you don't need to put too much work into building them, you just need to cut down so they're visible, but still work them frequently. Even if you overwork them that doesn't make you gay. Mirin your own abs in the mirror and salivating over them, now that is a little gay.

I'm assuming he had a heart attack or something
i couldnt see much of him but like I said he looked runner mode.

>he was on the indoor track running
So was he running or not?

I guess but it just feels stupid to me that someone would die from a heart attack while doing cardio. I used to be fat but I never got to the point where it felt dangerous to me to keep going, and for something like that you would likely feel exhausted and/or pass out which would "save" you from a heart attack. Even then it's not like anyone is making you keep going.

Yes, where did I ever say he wasn't running? He was in the middle of the track i.e. where people run. I suppose he could have been walking to the rowing machines or something

It's not something you'd feel, it's an abnormality. Cardio pressures the heart, and the person doesn't realise because they have little way of knowing they have a weak heart.

BSU?

I already said university of Idaho. Read the thread

Undiagnosed heart arrythmias can kill anyone regardless of their levels of fitness. It just hits you out of nowhere mid exercise and without any immediate cardiac life support bam you're dead.

don't you have defibrillators on hand? even my YMCA had those

>I couldn't see much of his body because there were so many people around him. He was on the indoor track running. He looked about average height and runner mode (again i couldn't see a whole lot)
>He was on the indoor track running.

Wait nvm I misread you my bad

What's your point?

>mfw trying to go home and someone kills themself on the train tracks and stops the train for everyone

I kinda want to go check it out again but I'm sure he's at the hospital by now plus I have class

Someone post the train driver screencap

I saw what I presume was a drug addict, at least it looked like one die of a heart-attack on new years eve at a gas station a few years ago. It was pretty surreal

kekd

Forgive me if it's formatted improperly
Am phoneposter

was this up on the track area? If I remember right there's a pretty isolated little section up, niggas probably lucky he didn't die in that corner

yeah but he just jumped in the tracks and got fried

it happens. wife works in ER, has seen a couple heart attacks or cardiomyopathy from fit young people.

Happened to my brother. Super fit guy, came home from the gym, grabbed his chest. Luckily he never arrested but still

>he thinks compound lifts are enough to build a strong core to stay injury free
how's starting strength working for ya buddy?

Yes, it was on the upstairs track. He was pretty close to the stairs, but there's often nobody by the back end of the track, so you're right he could have potentially been there for a while if nobody else was running

While we're on stories, death and trains, some dumbass in my town killed his girlfriend recently and they found her in her house, determined that he was probably on the way to a nearby city and alerted the police there to look for him. They didn't even have to look hard. The dumbass went all the way up there just to attempt suicide by jumping on train tracks, and he fucking survived. They found him when his name came up in hospital records and arrested him.

What a dumb way to get caught.

that guy didn't make it.

why didn't you save her? was she qt?

also yeah fuck that guy he probably made people late for work why the fuck doesn't he just pop a bunch of pills or jump off a building?

Is cardio important?

>devoting a whole workout to doing ab work

Do you know how I know you're a small, weak DYEL?

SS

Interesting enough, it was actually a few houses down from where I lived not too long ago. If it was who I'm thinking of, no. Post-wall, smoker, possible sex offender (I remember someone in that section was a sex offender and it was a woman around that age, I forget who though) and the boyfriend was a real trashy black dude, probably with a very low IQ. If he really wanted to an hero from train tracks it's not like there aren't several train tracks nearby, my guess is he wanted to meet up wit da boyz in da hood and had a moment of guilt, then went for it. Killing yourself that way is so fucking easy though, he had one job and failed. I found out about this after it happened of course so even if I wanted to play Captain Superman I couldn't.

>cardio LITERALLY kills gains
Do you need any more proof?

Sounds like shitty medics. They should've had him in transport on the way to the ER already instead of fucking around with compressions for that long.

Soo....cardio killed his gains?

Forgot to mention, they had some oxygen bag thing over his mouth. Not sure if that's an important detail

He didn't even make it to the sauna, at least he's with Zyzz now

15-30 minutes on scene is pretty standard for a cpr. My protocols necessitate 30 minutes on scene for all medical CPRs.

>Leave my workout early.
Fucking neck yourself.

guessing you don't live in the city? im in nyc and this guy turned to bacon when he hit the track

No, and the guy in question is alive.
[spoiler]He tried to an hero in NYC this weekend, look it up[/spoiler]

Fuck I forgot Veeky Forums doesn't allow spoilers, please excuse my perceived newfaggotry

Had a similar experience recently.

>Be me
>August
>Have a half marathon in some god forsaken town on the edge of nowhere
>About 100 people show up
>Its a small ass track like a km at best so we kinda have to loop alot
>After about 8-9 laps a guy passes me
>Bald, shorter than me, pretty buff
>Just for kicks I decide not to let him have it easy
>Step up my tempo
>He falls behind
>Gets angry and catches up
>I kinda laugh it off
>Let him have it for about a min wait till he gets tiered and than run past him again
>This continues for about two laps at until he decides he had enough and says I'm good
>At this point me and this guy are in the lead
>He starts having trouble breathing and falls behind
>I kinda smirk at him as he falls behind
>On the next loop I see paramedics resuscitating him
>A cold chill goes down my spine.
>A few minutes later hear the announcer say they someone had an accident on the track and if someone was with he they should claim his body
>More cold chills
>After the race i had a long ride home and time to rethink my life.

The trick is not to think about it.

Did you win tho?

And that's life.

It's fucking terrifying. It could all come to a crashing end any day.
What's fucked up, is I want to live. I wan't to experience the whole ride.
But I have suicidal thoughts daily. It's scary, it gives me some kind of relief.
Is it a chemical imbalance, I've been having these thoughts since I was a child. Some chunks of times are worse than others.

But when it's dark it's pretty dark.

Anyone know if Lithium might be the answer

Lithium is not the answer my friend, lead delivered directly to the forehead is though

wasn't your fault, man. You just followed the spirit of the competition and the guy couldn't let his ego sleep. Not thinking too much about it isn't the trikck, it's the solution: people die all the time and you have no deaths to answer for.

Cardio doesn't just kill gains
>it kills YOU

This. Plenty of young runners dying of heart conditions.

We're not all going to die in our sleep, you know.

It's idiotic you assume some user is telling the truth. This reminds me of a movie anyway.

>montreal
Bonjour fellow Canadianon

>tfw good friend of mine I admired killed himself this way
Fuck

Didn't see it but a guy died in the gym I go to the other week. Think he had a heart attack or something. He was well known and liked by the staff and the owner apparently. The staff did a 24 hour spin session to raise money for some charity he supported.

rude

Had a more autistic and ordinary experience recently
>on a bus
>in a hurry
>elderly woman gets up before the bus started to brake
>grandma visibly looks like she is on her last leg
>winter so the floors are slippery
>the ingredients for disaster are set only thing remaining is a catalyst
>the catalyst was me
>knowing that the bus driver was the type of person that liked tight braking i tried to get up and warn grandma
>grandma averts her attention to look at me
>the brakes hit
>CLANG
>grandma slipped and fell back head first into a sharp corner
>for some reason this riled up my autism and i started laughing
>realize my mistake and leg it while looking back to make sure somebody called the ambulance
>ran to my destination and heatenings of police calling me started
if we are being honest here, it's the grandma's fault here because she was impatient

All train conductors are misanthropes. They kill not only people but a lot of animals too. My friend's grandpa is one of the them and he is absolutely doesn't give a fuck about people's life.

Idabros checking in

AHAHAHAH INCLD EMEN JN LED EBIC SCREENE CAPPAP

Never seen anyone die but seen plenty of neat stuff down in the morgue.

It's a humbling experience to see an older gentleman in his pajamas with the back of his head missing from a gun.

OP might absord the extra rogue gains left by the fallen lifter. Abit like highlander!

good shit, fuck cyclists. retards literally think they own the road and the sidewalk, and routinely choose between ped and vehicle status because they can and no laws are enforced

Should be legally allowed to hit them

Thanks, Greg.

he never said he was devoting a whole workout, you do it at the end after ur workout, not that you would know that beer belly billy

Was he wearing sandals?

When I had my cardiac arrest, I got CPR for 15 minutes before the paramedics even showed up

One less cyclist in Montreal is great news. God they're a bunch of assholes. Guy probably ran a red light.

Did you do it at the gym?

Yep. Heart stopped while running early in the morning at a 24 hour gym. Luckily there was someone there who knew CPR

This calls for that meme picture making fun of the Bruce Li running till you die quote, which apparently is a possibility

>paramedics on site, still doing chest compressions
>presumably have already used the AED
he was probably toast, right?