If carbs are so bad, how come italians have one of the highest life expectancies?

If carbs are so bad, how come italians have one of the highest life expectancies?

explain yourself keto/paleo/bulletproof/warrior fags

Other urls found in this thread:

bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/15/1111
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>seeing the keto meme as anything other than a meme
>not killing yourself

refined sugar is the culprit, sugar industry just pays a bunch of shills to make people confused with a bunch of disinformation. it's been going on for decades. same shit the tobacco industry did until people realized how bad smoking is for you, except it's funny because tobacco shilling resurged on Veeky Forums recently. all of these "smoking raises testosterone" bullshit threads. totally reprehensible.

stop consuming refined sugar. keto and low carb shit can cheat your system in to fatburn but whole grain carbohydrates are GOOD for you.

Because mediterranean diet does not only consist of pizza and focaccia.

>hurr durr they only eat pizza

Carbs kill height gains

bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/15/1111

its because they dont eat as much cheese as the american.

if you eat an tradional pizza, most of them dont contain any cheese or very little but if you go anywhere in america to buy a pizza, its always like 500g-1kg of chesse on top.

what the fuck is your definition off "refined" eating regular white sugar is nutritionally identical to eating milled sugar cane, its 2017 you have the sum of human knowledge at your fingertips but you still spew memes instead of educating yourself

This might sound silly but if got rid of the cheese how healthy would my pizza be senpai

One of my greatest questions. After living in Italy for a while, I realize it's because they eat and drink a lot less crap than other European countries. I mean fast food and sodas, and so on. Even when you go to the supermarket you rarely see people buying crap food. That's their secret. Teenagers seem to be less health conscious than their parents/older siblings, but it might be just because they're dumb teens... Who knows... But I've heard older people (30-40) commenting that younger people (15-25) are fatter than in the past.

>nutritionally identical to eating milled sugar cane
you realize you'd need to eat a fuckload of milled sugar cane to get the same amount of sugar as a refined portion? that's what refined means you fucking retard.

Seafood, olives, tomatos, paprika, antipasti, carpaccio, more olives, cheese, seafood salats, chicken parmesan, lamb etc...
I could eat italian everyday for a month with no carbs and neber eat the same twice

Fucking americans hurdur pizza pasta

Being manlets

>metric system

trash.jpg

not him, but refined means that impurities have been removed through processing
in the case of sugar the "impurity" is molasses
the word refined has no connection to the word concentrated which is what i am guessing you mean when you say
>you'd need to eat a fuckload of milled sugar cane to get the same amount of sugar as a refined portion

Keto is useful dropping water weight and improving insulin sensitivity, but that's about it

They live relatively stress free lives and have close family units for psychological support.

By crap you mean what exactly

Italian here. The reason, as user here said, is that while we eat a lot of carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) we also eat a lot of veggies and fruit, and most important, fast food here is almost non existant. I live in a middle sized city (200.000 people) and we have just 1 mcdonald and 1 burger king. There used to be another Mcdonald, but it just closed because there werent enough costumers. Drinking soda here is not that common (whenever i read here on fit how much coke or pepsi you americans drink i almost cant believe it, you know that shit is literally poison for your body and teeth, right?) and in general, we eat WAY less sugar than anglos or other northern europeans do.

We dont have Wendy's, starbucks, kfc, pizza hut, dominos, all those fast foodd franchise where you can buy ridicoulos amount of extremely shitty food for a couple of dollars, and I think this is one of the most important factor.

Also we use olive oil instead of butter, thats another important factor. It's cheap (here), makes you live longer, it's less fatter than butter and is very healthy in general.

these

Yea idk how Canada has a lower obesity rate than the US since all we eat is poutine and seal.

I study abroad in italy and italians are the most low test shits i have ever met in my life

I guess you could attribute that to high carb diets and living with mommy and daddy untill you're 30 lol

Olives

Seal is awful desu

it would be better but it depends on other toppings. Tomato sauce is mostly processed sugar.

if you do a pizza on your own, its always way more healthy than a bought pizza

>If carbs are so bad
dont believe fucking memes

japs are the healthiest people on earth and they eat a fuckton of white rice with everything

Just curious, how do you know about the low test thing? Maybe you just live in some autistic areas in the north, people there are weird

Also FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

I bet italian dough isn't full of chemicals and italian tomato sauce isn't full of HFCS and chemicals

what does it taste like?

The Japanese have super long life expediencies and a high prevalence of tobacco use.

Light-up user. Your analysis is infallible after all.

my diet is almost entirely complex carbs... very little simple sugars and fats.