Learning from Experience

Things you learned through the years

>bulking meme is stupid
>flexibility and mobility should never be neglected
>cardio should never be neglected
>for the most part, most programs are equal to each other. Just lift.

what have you learned Veeky Forums

>warm up a lot
>more than you think

One should actually feel tired after their warmup set. Not wiped but heart rate should be elevated and targeted muscle ranges should have some burning. This will improve your actual lifts, even though it seems like an easy minimum weight deadlift would save more energy.

Karlie Kloss is a Goddess.

I can't even touch my toes, wat do?

She is, she's aging quiet rapidly though, I think she should put on a little weight, losing her baby fat has made her face look bony

Compare today to this shot when she was a teen

work on it user. It really feels satisfying to work on mobility.

Is cardio is good for mental and physical fitness. Unless you're over 250 fucking hit it hard on off days and you'll float through the rest of your week on a cloud of gives no fucks.

Shoulder breakers are the shit but don't over do it. Also, squatting the bar is the best warm up for squats. I've done all that hip drive flexor extension bull shit and honestly found it to be a waste a time. Squat the bar and do some kettle squats in between work sets you'll be fine.

>Unless you're over 250
what do you mean by this?

Why are you always blocking my locker?

Anything besides the sticky? Been following the two routines about stretching for a while.

Not him btw.

>bulking meme is stupid

How is it stupid? If you want to gain weight you eat more calories.....
than you normally would for a certain amount of time... is that not bulking?

How do I get my muscles to hurt when lifting? They never hurt

I'm with you on this one. Just eating and sleeping right has lead me to greater gains than when I was a newbie at times

>life is brutal
>all you have is yourself
>fate/destiny could possibly do literally anything to you, it could turn you weak, evil, cowardly, dead, anything. and theres nothing you can do to protect yourself from fate
tuna tastes good with salsa too

No one will ever love me and there's nothing that I can do about it.

I don’t understand how this comment is constructive, or encourages the reader to think more deeply about anything. It appears to me that this comment’s only purpose is to display the cleverness of the author. Unfortunately, despite the collective efforts of the commentariate, we do get infiltration from those who are apparently determined to give the impression that they are incapable of parsing an entire piece of writing and reading it as a whole.
As has been previously noted (regular readers will be aware) we (that’s the “Royal we” — fellow commenters, occasional contributors such as myself and the moderator team) are engaged in an ongoing attempt to keep the quality of comments at its former impeccably high standard. Sadly, this is more of an effort than it should be.
And as a writer, it is rather tiresome having to try to explain to the occasional numpty who happens across a post basic reading comprehension skills, how to follow an argument when it is constructed long-form and the ability to master data interpretation.
And I’ve just caught up on all the subsequent comments on this page. All the other commenters have managed to make coherent and intelligible contributions that furthered my understanding or gave me something to think about, because they took the trouble to type more than a single sentence. I don’t agree with everything that’s been said in other comments. Quite the opposite in a couple of cases. But at least I understand what was expressed and the intention behind it.

>tuna tastes good with salsa
you are disgusting

Unless you find your place in life, then life is not worth living.

Music is holy.

Love is sacred.

Your body and mind and "soul" are the only things you truly own in this life. Take care of them, respect them, care for them, use them for your own benefit and share them only with those you love and care for.

People lie, but people also unintentionally tell the truth when they lie.

Having a giant penis is fun, but it has it's share of problems.

Running will wreak havoc on your joints if you're seriously overweight

Do more reps/sets or use heavier weight

Remember that there is an important difference between soreness and actual pain

Stretch.

The big three are overrated.

By no means bad, just not universally required or noticeably better than a lot of similar movements.

>Running will wreak havoc on your joints if you're seriously overweight
That reminds me of this clip of The Biggest Loser I saw where they make the landwhales run, not even jog, on the treadmill. I'm just thinking how do their joints feel. Don't those personal trainers have any idea what they're doing?

Checked

pls move I have to get to chemistry

Diets are for people who dont train hard enough.

You don't really need that much protein. You're excreting most of it one way or another past a certain point. That certain point is definitely well below 1g/lbs body weight.

would you say that it's even below 0.8g/lbs?

>bulking meme is stupid
Why? I bulked from 55kg to 76kg and feel a hell of a lot happier with my body, not embarassed to go shirtless at a beach anymore, though I've still got a ways to go.

>flexibility and mobility should never be neglected

In what way does this improve my lifts? I understand stretching is important to make sure you don't kill yourself before you start your set but how is being flexible going to benefit me?

>cardio should never be neglected
One bit I agree with although I'm somewhat neglecting it at the moment while cutting. Neglected it less so when I was still auschwitz mode.

>for the most part, most programs are equal to each other. Just lift.

Dumb. I've seen some anons programs that they've been on for like two years in CBT but their body looks like they only just got noob gains in their first two months. Most general programs work yes, but some work better than others depending what you're aiming for.

T. Gearhead

Once you understand everything posted here is bait you'll enjoy your stay in Hell more.

Not the OP but:
>bulking meme
Probably means the stupid dirty bulk so many young idiots fall for. Gaining weight at a controlled rate is good, smashing 10 big macs with extra sauce 5 times a day because "hurr durr gainz" is a waste. All you achieve is gaining excess body fat which only needs to be lost again later. Gain steadily and don't go over about 20-25% bf because past there you experience hormonal changes that makes everything harder, you more tired/moody etc.
On that bf note, stop using generic google images to guess your bf, spend 50 bucks and get it measured properly. Internet estimates are fucking atrocious and you'll only realise how bad once you get an actual measurement of bf.

> how is being flexible going to benefit me?

If you aren't flexible (ie can't even touch toes, scratch back etc) and extend past your normal ROM under load you are more likely to snap your shit up. Similar to good form, bad form/shit flexibility won't immediately fuck you up but increases risk for snap city. Also as you age you will need to work on it more, as a teen/uni age kid you tend to be more flexible, getting to 30s and beyond though you'll find if you skip it you have permanently sore back/knees/shoulders etc.

> I've seen some anons programs that they've been on for like two years in CBT
You're using anecdotal evidence, chances are the anons you mean have skipped 50% of gym sessions, drink/smoke/shit diet and sleep etc etc. They then blame the program for their shit lifestyle. OP is generally right, for the most part programs that are followed will produce similar results be they focused on hypertrophy, strength, periodised daily or weekly or monthly etc. The main things are consistency and progression, which most programs have. Later on for the rare few who don't give it up I suspect differences become more obvious but by then you probably aren't looking for advice from some basket weaving hentai forum....

Women only care about looks. If a girl is
flaky, you are too ugly for her and there's nothing you can do about it, there is no magic word or a joke you can say that she would start finding you attractive.

"Just be yourself" is unironically legit advice, because it does not matter what kind of a persona you put on, the only thing that matter is BONES, so might as well jus b urself lol.

I'll tell you one thing, I haven't learned the name of dat dere fahn lookin damsel. Mind givin a partner a hand?

Never mind, I'm a retard and have realised the error of my ways

Everything you said + it actually possible to build muscle and lose fat at the same time if you're obese

That a burger isn't bad for you.