Multivitamin thread?

I want a multi as a stopgap for any holes in my diet.
Whats a good brand?

> inb4 centrum shills

Other urls found in this thread:

hopkinsmedicine.org/health/healthy_aging/healthy_body/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins
webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/news/20131216/experts-dont-waste-your-money-on-multivitamins#1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3309636/
menshealth.com/health/craziest-diet-ever
google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwik-pXg-cLWAhXNZFAKHfpGDGkQxa8BCCQwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

orange triad

Multivitamins are a waste of money

hopkinsmedicine.org/health/healthy_aging/healthy_body/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/news/20131216/experts-dont-waste-your-money-on-multivitamins#1

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3309636/

I don't have a very varied diet and blood test has me right on edge of deficient

LifeExtension + CoQ10 + Vitamin D

I use Biotech Vitabolic.
They're smelly and color my piss tennis ball yellow, so I guess they work.

some over the counter multivitamin and minerals raise cancer risk

Useless articles with no actual meaning behind them.
Gave people shitty, synthetic multi vitamins (centrum silver) and then denied their effect because they didn't not have effect on patients memory that all were at the as of 65 and older?
They tested their memories 12 years later? They tested and compared the memory of a 65 year old to a 77 year old and claim they had no effect because the memory capabilities did not improve?
I don't understand how anyone with a doctor title could seriously engage in such a fucking stupid study.

That's why you take high quality stuff and not your synthetic crap.
Can't believe how people buy multivitamin for 15 bucks, which last 3 months and expect them to be healthy.
Real supplements are literally food pressed into a pill.

>high quality stuff
such as?

> some

Yeah cheap ones. Thats why were talking about good ones

LifeExtension and anyone near its price league.
You Americans have something relatively cheap which apparently had very good lab results as well - I believe it had something about orange in its name.
Generally, when you have a supplement, check that it stars food as source.
It's very very hard to see if something is synthetic or not, I suppose you can guess who managed to achieve that.

The FIRST ingredient you need to look at is the vitamin B12. The reason this is the most important is because 1) it's the most expensive component in the multi and 2) it needs to be in high enough doses to be effective. B12 powers your nerves and liver function and you need a lot more than the government recommended amount (6mcg).

The cheap, inexpensive form of B12 is called cyanocobalamin. This is an inert form of B12 meaning that the cobalamin molecule has been stabilized with a cyanide molecule. This is bad because when your body has to metabolize it, it breaks it down, strips away the front end molecule (which is cyanide) and then you have to detoxify that cyanide.

So why is this bad? Because first you have to detoxify the cyanide and then it robs energy from your cells just to make it useful which is difficult if you are tired, stressed etc. Not ideal when cutting.

What you want to look for is a co-enzyme form of B12. Methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. The methylcobalamin is exactly what your liver uses as methylation reactions which power a lot of your natural biochemistry. Adenosylcobalamin is used to assemble proteins in your body and is a key marker of aging. If you don't have enough adenosylcobalamin your body can't make proteins and ages much faster.

Well there's the famous case of the big fat fuck Scotsman who lost 400lbs on nothing but multivitamins for a year, based on that I would conclude they are probably at least somewhat effective in giving your body the necessary nutrients for survival.

menshealth.com/health/craziest-diet-ever

But hey I'm sure Sheldon from Big Bang Theory knows best, he's a scientist after all.

have a (you), m8. good writeup.

Thx user

Just drink 3 sips a day for your Bs

A stopgap is a temporary solution. Is that what you meant? Not being a dick, but I'd want to know if I was using words wrong.

I just buy the cheapest multivitamins from the supermarket. They're like 3 freedumb bux

Nigga, that means the exact opposite

I'm more than happy to hear why you think it's BS; and how the ou information can be presented in a better way

Bump for others opinions

I've only looked into dutch multis, because I live in holland.
But a good multi should have:
*high dosages of the B vitamins
*minerals that are organically bounded
*vit D3 in a high dose
*vit K2
*vit B11 (folate) and B12 in good forms

Erskine's super soldier serum

Eat vegetables faggots.

The human body can only absorb so much vitamins in a day. If you are already eating good veggies then a bottle of multi vitamins is just a cocktail for expensive piss.

>eat vegetables
No

I went through all your links and came to the conclusion that you haven't even read any of the things you just copy and pasted.

Why do people drive by post like this?

What are pesticides? What is soil denitrification?

Eat mixed vegs and leafy greens with every meal AND take vitamins individually. I supplement with zinc, magnesium, calcium, green tea, omega 3,6,9 vitamin a, b6, c, d3. Plus 4 litres kf water a day. Its not a meme, my skin looks fucking healthy

you could of shut your mouth.
now i want to be able to afford that.

google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwik-pXg-cLWAhXNZFAKHfpGDGkQxa8BCCQwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA

i've heard it's a lie, there are studies showing that some vitamins loose their value when frozen or heated, etc.
considering the greedy pharma industry, i wouldn't be surprised if they're a scam.

Should I get a blood test before investing in any of the mentioned supps? I was thinking about buying some vitamin d3 because I don't spend a lot of time in the sun

>You Americans
>I suppose you can guess who managed to ?>achieve that.

Thanks for bungling the final solution guys, really great job.

Then fucking buy it. Get a job, workovertime. Trust me, I was on roaccutane and it gave me a redness to my face. Now I'm supplementing, AND eating healthy, AND doing cardio AND drinking water I actually get compliments on my skin. Which is even more of a endorphin rush than compliments on my body.

>Multivitamins are a waste of money

Let me continue your sentence

>multivitamins are a waste of money if you are getting all your needed nutrients from your diet.

I once took a "sport" multivitamin that had some extra stuff like selenium, amino acids and a lot of B12

My pisses were neon yellow every time I took it even though I was well hydrated, I guess my body rejected a lot of the stuff in it.

I would say it's a waste of money as long as you're eating properly and healthy.

orange triad

What an enrichment to the discussion in this thread, we are all glad that you shared your qualified opinion which will surely be considered.

I'm interested in the life extension multivitamin and would like to look into it. Have used animal pak on and off for like 7 years. On there site there are like a ton of supps. Which one am I looking for?

Inb4 their

>Why do people drive by post like this?

Seconding this inquiry

Bump