Be lifting for ~4 years

>be lifting for ~4 years
>took it really past two
>front squat stuck at 280lbs. 6'1, 211lb bodyweight

How the fuck do you up your front squat? I've tried different rep ranges, different rest periods between sets, burn out sets, one rep maxes, 5/3/1 cycles, etc. I made progress from 275 to parallel to 280 ATG over the course of like what 2 years? This is bullshit.

What fucking gives? I'm trying to get to a 315 1RM ATG and all the fucking chinese dudes at my gym clean & jerk that shit no problem fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/how-to-add-100-pounds-to-your-squat-smolov/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>took it really past two

***took it seriously for the past two

How's your squat doing? Also stalled? I'm nowhere near 315 front squat, but usually my front squat stalls when my back squat does, and breaking a squat plateau is usually followed by front squat gains.

I found more core work really helped me, I do a set of core after every normal set until I hit 10 sets of 5-10 reps or 30 sec every session. I switch abs and oblique focus every session. My pool of exercises right now are standing ab wheels, side bends, planks, Russian twists, dead bugs

I barely back squat and when I do I use lighter weights ~225 or so for reps. I don't like them, they suck on my back, no amount of body positioning cues and stretching and core activation seemed to do the trick, so i switched them out for front squats and have been happy up until this plateau.

I'm wondering this too. I have been lifting for about a month and a half and I already feel like I am stuck at 185lbsx3

>natty limit
Some of you all think you can just keep going and going. Alternatively, deload, eat leaner/cleaner and more, and rest.

b-but saying people who are bigger and stronger than me are on roids is a bullshit excuse... right?

f-fit?

No of course not. There are plenty of people who can do way more than that natty. You just may not be one of them. Try a deload. Try split squats. Try rack pulls. Try power snatches. Just mix it up. But don't feel bad if you've reached your full potential.

natty limit after only 4 years though? probably just a plateau

I took my FS from 315 to 385 in like 5 months. Basically I squatted every day. I squatted to 1rm 5-7 days a week. I usually tried for 6.

At first you just do the max for day and then stop. Then as you adapt you add a couple down triples at like 80 to 90 pct. Then on days you feel good you do like 8 triples. Those really grow the legs.

Later I added some back squats back in, but I got a whole lot of progress from just the front squat daily. Strong recommend.

Could be. Not everyone is created equal and fits mentality that gains will continue into old age is fallacy. If you're putting it all in and training consistently you could certainly get there in four years maybe not. Muscle fibers are finite and so is their potential. Not everyone's a mathlete. Not everyone's gonna get juicy. But I would say your routine looks like it could use more variety before this is confirmed.

Enjoy your wheelchair. Hope it was worth it to win that gold medal.

Eh, what you gonna do. Worth it.

russian squat routine

>Enjoy your wheelchair. Hope it was worth it to win that gold medal.

What? I don't get it.

This is my front squat day
>3x10 back hypers with bar
>dynamic stretching with bar for ankle and girdle flexibility
>hang clean and front squat complexes to 60% of training max
>warm up in 5% increments to 85-95% of training max
>wave loading in 2-3 rep sets for a total of 15 reps over however many sets are needed. Weight may go up or down 5% based on how i feel
>finish full squating, put 110% on the bar, half squat this 3x5 OR
>put 125% on bar and front rack hold for 5x10seconds
>walking front rack lunges w 60% of training max on a curl bar 3x20 feet
>5x20 leg extensions to prevent patellar tendonitis
>quad stretching and foam rolling
Done.

It looks like it takes longer than it does but you really only need long rest phases in the wave loading and rack holding phases.

On my deadlift day, I snatch dead, power clean, and front squat for volume.

Could give this a try with front squats
stronglifts.com/how-to-add-100-pounds-to-your-squat-smolov/
Is that what your referring to user?

>natty limit
If someone says this you know they are dyel and don't know what they are talking about.

Smolov is not the same thing as the Russian squat routine/cycle people are usually talking about. Similar principles but different programs - Smolov is crazy aggressive and tends to break people.