Best routine for obese fuck to lose weight and gain muscle in a caloric deficit

i read the sticky and changed my diet now for a while and go to the gym regularly but my routine is just random stuff i just feel like doing at the moment
i lost some weight but i mostly did cardio and i think i should do A LOT more weight training but i dont know what routine to use as I am in a caloric deficit and still fat as fuck
any help how to build a routine or is there one allready for people like me?

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/2016/10/12/rehab-muscle-strains-tears/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Best way
Effort.
Anyways love that wood carver.

Do BLSS (google blss routine) until you stall then do a hypertrophy routine and try to push yourself to build work capacity and handle higher volume. Pro tip: don't do any of the shitty "aesthetics/strength" PPL routines posted on Veeky Forums with fixed volume and random heavy work thrown in for no reason. Use block periodisation, focus on one thing at a time and read Scientific Principles of Strength Training. You won't be able to work on more than one goal at a time while cutting, so pick one and really hammer it.

was surprised to see him here hes the best

thanks my man just looked it up and blss seems awesome
im surprised i heard of block periodization for the first time but after googling it it looks like it is simply superior
honestly thank you

Just pls don't try to implement block periodisation without reading the book. It's the retard's crash course to it and there's really nothing on the internet that explains every important principle in a clear and easy to understand way.

What can I replace deadlifts with if I can't do them because of an injury??

Depends on the nature of the injury.

Herniated and bulging lumbar disks. I can do squats just not deadlifts.

Lighter deadlifts

I can't do them at all.

Also, if I'm too fat to do chin ups should I get those resistance bands for until I'm strong enough to?

Talk to a physio.

You might be able to get away with doing trap-bar deadlifts but seriously, talk this shit out with someone who knows.

>I can't do them at all.

If you can't do a light deadlift then you better be wheelchair bound, my man.

Okay. Also, when it says "tr-cept work" what should I do besides bench?

I have a back injury.

Any program will build strength for you if you're a novice, but personally, I'd recommend some high volume program like Alpha Destiny's Novice Program or ICF5x5.

What specific part of your body did you injure? Can you do rack pulls? Or Good Mornings?

Lat pulldowns are another option and may work better in the short term - the issue with banded chins is that people are generally weak at the top of the movement (where the bands aren't helping) so they don't always get a lot of carryover to regular chins.

Currently BLSS is:
A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chins 15-20 total reps, add weight or use assisted.
Rows 3x5 SUPER STRICT.
Optional: Cable rows, 3x8 bicep work, 3x8 rear delt flyes, do this at your own discretion. If you don't feel like it, don't worry

B
Front squat 3x5
MP 3x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Optional: 15-20 reps of dips, 3x8 tricep work

If you can't deadlift but can squat (really doubtful desu) and suck at chins, you should do this:

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chins 15-20 total reps, add weight or use assisted. Do as many chins as you can then finish your 15-20 reps by doing negatives. Keep trying to add reps until you can do all 20, then add weight. Pretty simple and effective.
Rows 3x5 SUPER STRICT.
Optional: Cable rows, 3x8 bicep work, 3x8 rear delt flyes, do this at your own discretion. If you don't feel like it, don't worry

B
Box squat 3x5 (use a box that lets you go slightly below parallel, no quarter box squat shit)
MP 3x5
Good Mornings with a slightly bent knee 3x8
Optional: 15-20 reps of dips, 3x8 tricep work

Box squats will build the strength from a dead stop that deadlifts build while building the same muscles as front squats and good mornings will work the muscles and hip extension movement pattern. If you also can't figure out a chair or box or low bench or something to box squat on I really can't help you here. Negatives will get you to full chin ups pretty fast, it doesn't take long to be able to do 3-4 reps of chins and at that point you should be able to do 15.

Rehab with light ass deadlifts.

I'm talking about 95 lbs here. Look up Bill Starr's rehab protocol, it was literally created for herniated disc problems retarding deadlifts

artofmanliness.com/2016/10/12/rehab-muscle-strains-tears/

I have 3 herniated and bulging disks in my lumbar.

Thanks user.

Thanks user I'll look into it.

I'll do this then. Thanks for the help.

>I have 3 herniated and bulging disks in my lumbar.

Jesus what the fuck did you do?

Bad car accident.

Bad advice. There are alternatives that don't sacrifice progression and training goals. Deadlifts are far from necessary unless you plan to pick up powerlifting as a hobby

Good advice, however deadlifts are used as a hamstring builder in this program so trap bar isn't as appropriate. It would be more appropriate to replace front squats with trap bar but then it may be difficult to recover for squatting.

Tricep pushdowns or skullcrushers, any elbow extension isolation shit.

Good advice but negatives have better specificity and IMO it's better to work to the real movement as fast as possible than mess around doing both. Lats are already trained fairly completely if he's doing the optional work. Even if he can only do 1-2 reps on chins he might still be able to grind out 10 reps per workout if he tries hard. That's definitely going to get him to 15-20 fairly quickly. I'd only prescribe lat pulldowns as a substitute for women who are completely incapable of doing slow negatives.

Good luck mate. Focus on rehabilitation before you start trying to get strong my man.

If you feel good and want to push the workload do something like close-grip bench, pin presses (board presses if you've got them - most gyms won't) or floor presses. If you feel beat up and just want to get out of the gym do pushdowns, skullcrushers or similar.

The specific exercise doesn't matter a whole lot compared to just doing something.

Rehabilitation with light deadlifts is going to help his injured back more than avoidance.

Rehab does not belong in a lifting program. Do it on off days. I don't have any idea how to program rehab work but if light deadlifts help then good mornings will help just as much plus he'll be able to go heavy because hamstrings are the limiting factor which means progression isn't satisfied and the desired training effect is achieved. Light deadlifts leave a hole in the progression so they're not an elegant solution.

Oops, I need a coffee.
>progression isn't satisfied
overload is* satisfied

The trap bar isn't ideal as a deadlift replacement (for the reasons you mention - it is more of a midground between squatting and pulling than a real hip hinge movement) but the guys back is a real mess. I'd rather err on the side of caution in the short term than tell him to do rack pulls or RDLs/Good mornings and have something blow out.

If he's fat as fuck, I'm not sure how many negatives he'll actually be able to do. If he can manage enough of those, they're great. If he can't, then lat pulldowns or assisted chins are at least something to move him in that direction.

This was my suggestion
I'm gonna assume he can do at least like 1 chin up after a week or so of trying hard because most people can. Rather than adding lat pulldowns though I'd say just do the optional rowing work and as many negatives as he can if he really can't do a single chin or 10+ negatives.

Nothing against that suggestion (box squats are indeed awesome as a stand-in for posterior work while saving the lower back), I'm just super paranoid about prescribing GMs or similar hinge movements to a guy with multiple fucked discs.

Yeah but he says he can squat so I trust him to make his own judgement call there. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to swap them for just ham curls if it's really bad but I figured as long as he can do them strengthening the spine in that position will help protect the discs.