/plg/ - Powerlifting General, Mr Sneaky Edition

/plg/ - Powerlifting General, Mr Sneaky Edition.

>The official pastebin
>pastebin.com/sNJAvbZ8
>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
>pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1
>dropbox mirror
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=42&v=OAvu-8up9Ho
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Lads I'm contemplating putting together a kind of beta test for guided programming template type thing together in the new year, would anyone be interested?
Requirements would be 350ish Wilks, no comp in 12 weeks and ability to follow RPE guidelines

Anybody care to explain what these things mean?

Like, What are we training today/tomorrow? What are we eating?

Yep. And then 'listening to', and 'feeling'

>WAWTT
Nothing getting that deserved rest and already feeling hundred times better.
>WAWET
some beef with beans and rice
>WAWLTT
whatever comes on shuffle on my phone
>WAWFT
much better than yesterday.

>WAWTT
Nada. Rest day before the last few sessions of the intro cycle, then all hell breaks loose.
>WAWET
Lamb chops
>WAWLTT
The Abominable Iron Sloth
>WAWFT
Trepidation. The next few weeks are going to suck training-wise.

Cheerio, mate.
So

>WAWTT
Glorious leg day. Squats, deadlift (switching to sumo), couple of accessories.

>WAWET
As usual, whatever I have and as much as I can. I can't be arsed to count calories or track macros, I just make sure to eat a fuckload of food and get dem broteins.

>WAWLTT
I just got into Queens of the Stone Age, Songs for the deaf is my album of choice. Also Claver Gold, an Italian rapper who I currently obsess over, and my trusty playlist of European/American trap/mumble rap.

>WAWFT
Pretty great. Fully embracing the coming of the cold season, and starting to bulk. I wanna capitalize on whatever noob gains I still have in the tank, I hope I can get ~5 more kgs and go up to 90 before I start my first cut in April. (Bf ~14%, not a lardass, get fucked)
Also my gym has gotten around 100 new subscriptions in the last three weeks, September and January truly are glorious months for gym owners.

Life is good.

This newfag britcuck pisses me off

Good. It'll help give your worthless life some substance.
You can be the 'inept, waste of skin, weak piss stain, human embodiment of smegma' Joker to my 'shouldn't but would, ruggedly handsome, would be stronger if he'd stay injury free' Batman

I'm pretty sure he'll be more mad if you don't respond to him at all.

top banter lad

Probably. I might make it hot and cold though, like a friendzoning teenage crush for maximum affect I think. I feel like that's something that'll really resonate with Sean.

Projection

powerlifting is a meme and the sooner you realize this, the sooner you will reach happiness

responding to sean means he won

dumb ass

I'm already happy tho

My friend told me he wants to train like me. What is a good beginner program to put him on?

Train like you or train with you?

what are his lifts? if hes just some untrained normie, just have him do what you do. he'll give up eventually, but it will be sooner if you give him a "boring" novice program

Lads, I've got a question, and maybe you could help me.

If a complete newbie starts hitting the gym, does it make sense having him do a couple months of a regular 3-day brosplit so he gets a lil bit of hypertrophy, and gets used to lifting weight, before having him start a conventional beginner routine like a 5x5 with more accessories?

Probably better off doing a higher rep full body than a proper brosplit, but ensuring he can move and has a modicum of work capacity is a good idea before trying to bury him under the weight.

no because brosplits are awful for hypertrophy. you should pick a program and stick to it

a beginner should start on a beginner program lol

he said he wants to incorporate moreover pl movements
Until now, here's just been doing some brosplit he made up
his 5rm bench is 105
his squat for 5 is 135
his dl is 205 for 3
But he's a good guy so i dont want to meme him

Just have him do slightly higher reps if you want to focus on muscle gain and train full body as often as he can while progressing constantly. 4-5 days a week doing 3 big lifts + some small accessory moves. Something like BLSS if you don't want to think too hard.

So i am 5'7", 240 lbs maybe 15-25% bodyfat. Starting a tren/dbol cycle tomorrow. Can do 1.5x bodyweight on all lifts for my 1rm. So technically makes deadlift and squat 2.5x.
How long until you all be reading my name on the world records?

Probably lies somewhere between the 2 extremes. Something like PPL focus fullbody would work, whereby the first 2-4 exercises are big compound 'Tier 1' lifts focussing on Push/Pull/Legs in the 'strength' rep ranges, then moving onto tier 2 & 3 on higher reps for the rest of the body to fill out the rest of the day.
That way you're training muscle groups more than once a week, getting hypertrophy work done and exposing them to more than S/B/D.

>5'7
Your name will be accompanied with an asterix

>a girl asks me to spot her
>I just think about how nice she smells and pay no attention to her lift
I am glad she managed to lift it, otherwise she would've snapped her shit up because of me

>tfw no gf

>inb4 blog
sorry, let me make it up to you, have a webm

What are his goals? If it's just changing up his routine to have fun I wouldn't spend ages putting him on something super optimal. Just suggest a few things like SL, 531 etc and tell him to pick which looks most interesting.
If he can be arsed lifting properly after a block or 2 you can help him pick something more suitable.

would you recommend doing a ppl program as a sort of deload/hypertrophy phase for a couple weeks every few months? getting burned out from going heavy every week and feel like extra volume would be beneficial

Not necessarily PPL, but having some sort of hypertrophy phase in your training is generally a good idea (even if you're doing something less phase-based like conjugate it's still supposed to shift based on proximity to a meet).

>sumo
>straps
>belt
might as well use a crane

He just thinks pl movements are more fun and wants to get better at them.

More than a couple of weeks.

even though I'm not strong or successful, I'm still glad to be powerlifting

Sounds like the perfect candidate for generic DUP 3x/week each competition lift.

It's what I'm doing now mate, literally falling apart and I stumbled on some RP templates so spending a while on one of those to see what happens to my strength while not doing any comp variations. Predicting bench will maintain, squat and dead will drop because it's very upper body focused. However I know how quickly my strength comes back after a lay off so no concerns there.

Doesn't necessarily need to follow a brosplit or PPL format, you could use your normal microcycle format and put in a lot more variation of movements for a block. I tend to program people a hybrid restoration/hypertrophy block after their main comp of the year.

>some brosplit he made up
lmoa does random brosplit and lifts more than majority of /plg/ xdd

>does random brosplit and lifts more than majority of /plg/ xdd
A majority of /plg/ is mental GDEs trying desperately and failing to become men.

Can confirm. Am 22 year old GDE boy who still can't identify as a man.

Might be because I'm cutting right now but my bench strength has dropped a bit 1 month into my hypertrophy block. Running PPL because it's easier to get the number of sets per muscle group nice and tight with lower frequency, since I get to use multiples of 2 instead of 3 and also because more training days keeps me motivated to train when cutting since I'm not grinding like 4 or 5 big compounds a day. Interestingly, my OHP MRV is only 8 sets per week when I'm doing 22 sets of chest related pressing. The best thing about PPL when using the RP principles is that you get feedback about your volume benchmarks within each microcycle because if I can repeat the last 3 workouts in the second half of the week it means I haven't reached MRV yet. I kinda miss squatting 3+ times a week though, just got fancy new oly shoes and I can't even enjoy the comfy back squats because of all the variation.

That's in pounds baka

fuck you

oh, thats fucking shit then.

Well yeah, he's a beginner. That's why i asked what BEGINNER program to put him on.

Feel better?

yeah thanks.

35%bf

Good. Grow the fuck up.

Roughly what will it look like?

i want my peepee to penetrate a girl (female/male)

Sub-par blog

Fuck a banana peel

Fuck a grapefruit.

I remember that webm

Basically I'm working on a spreadsheet where I can prepopulate sets/reps/RPE within the scaffolding of a microcycle, and exercise selection is down to the lifter following a guide on weakpoint assessment. I'll layout the three 4-week blocks one at a time and use a Facebook group to field questions along the way.

Idea being it'll teach lifters how to RPE, how to target weakpoints and give them an excel resource to write training in future.

Fuck me

Stop trying to push the forced blog meme

It isn't funny

>WAWTT
All for 1x3 5x2
Sumo 425
Slingshot 335
Weighted chins +60 lbs

>Beta test
Yeah but I might not qualify for any of those things, RIP

Lmao

>15-25%
You're definitely higher than 25% lmao

Hey you're the hepburn dude, right?
>Slingshot 335
I remember you used to do OHP. Are you preparing for a meet or do you just find slingshot more fun?
What is your OHP, slingshot and competition bench ratio?
>Weighted chins +60 lbs
Can you progress normally on those like in s/b/d, or is it slower?

Is 6x2-3 1.5 times a week at the same exact intensity good for gains? Because everyone else does some sort of weekly, monthly or quarterly undulating periodization in weight and volume

Please respond, thanks

Do you remember that piece by Chopin I used to put in the OP?

>quarterly undulating periodisation

It If wasn't noctune no2 was it?

Cowboy method
531 BBB

Those change rep ranges weekly. BBB not so much, but depending on the version you might be changing weight weekly on the BBB sets and you're still always changing the working sets.

Also wtf am I saying cowboy method is DUP lmao.

nice blog

The most famous variation of BBB is a 3 month cycle where you gradually increase the BBB sets and reset after 3 months
>cowboy method is DUP lmao
Learn what the difference between a microcycle and a macrocycle is
First week starts with a 10rm and 13th week is a 1rm

>Used to do ohp
Yeah, I got elbow bursitis from it so that's why I switched

>Ratio
Haven't tested maxes in a while

>Chin progression
I was doing 10 lbs a cycle but I did 5 lbs this time because it was getting pretty hard last cycle

>1.5x a week
Why not 2x? And its a good amount of volume overall, as long as you add weight after each progression it should be fine. Fatigue build up is a bitch though

I don't remember, sorry

>Why not 2x?
If I understand well, your program alternates between two days like so
>AxBxAxx
>BxAxBxx
So the frequency of everything is 1.5x week

Nope, it's a 2x freq program. Can do ABxABxx, AxBxABx or some variant of that.

captain poutine is forcing the blog meme and he needs to just kill himself

Sounds really hard. GJ if you can take all that intensity, I'm jelly.

I remember now!

It was De Bussy :DDDDDDDD

Couldn't handle 87% on squat but 93% on bench and 90% on dead is cake.

Lmao

Sounds interesting. Hope people sign up.

nice blog

> Trenning
Squat- x1@8, 4x8
Bench- x1@8, 4x7
DB Incline- 6x8
Pull ups

>bench 2pl8 for reps
>Can't do a reverse fly with 5kg

My shoulders are getting whack but in too embarrassed to do any prehab exercise because the sub 5kg dumbbells are the small, soft, girly ones

jesus christ thats insanely weak

i do those with nearly 15kg

Use 2.5kg plates instead. Or suck it up and use the babby DB's cos literally no one is paying attention to what you're doing in the gym unless you're monster strong or turbo autistic

do face pulls, that way you can hide your shame better (nobody will be looking at where the pin is on the stack)

>Trenning
trip on yakob.

It's trening not trenning in Polish + implying I would do incline dumbell

I know I just assumed it's you because of shit english xdd

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=42&v=OAvu-8up9Ho

client second time dling in her entire life (2nd time touching barbells too)

Shoulders too far back
T-spine rounds at descent
7/10 form. Be a better teacher, man

how can you coach someone with sub 400 wilks

btw my legs are defnitely grow thanks for hip hinge tip

nie wiem czy to legalne wrzucac filmiki obcych osob, dzwonie po bagiety.

>post clients form on plg
>get anons to do your job for you

genius

About spine I know, she got relaxed and shoulders I get too but we need to take one step at the time, shes really good at bench press (you would mire arch) and ohp

squat is a lot of work + mobility beacuse she had badly fucked ankle (there was operation) thats why I had to throw out all pylometrics until I strenghten up this shit beacuse any jump were pain to watch

im not powerlifting coach? im not teaching her to powerlift

Im just helping her to get stronger/look better (implying you wouldnt want girl with legs and ass like mine)

DELETE

So, he cheated. Right big guy?

Make her make it user. We're all gonna make it.

>you wouldnt want girl with legs and ass like mine
I want a boy with an ass and legs like yours UwU.

Yea I know.

Im focusing on teaching her main lifts + pullups + I throw some glute bridges and rower work

But I have to spend a lot of time mobilizng her shit beacuse all is very tight

I just want her to get good level strong and than I can make her training more hypetrophy oriented if she wants