So I've been doing leg press lately instead of squats as they have been giving me some nasty ass hip pain/injury...

So I've been doing leg press lately instead of squats as they have been giving me some nasty ass hip pain/injury, it's been like this for about a month now, it's a lingering dull ache in my right hip muscle, every time I tense it or when I'm in the hole on squats.

I've been doing 3x5 regular stance leg press, how much weight should I add each session? At the minute I'm at 100kg (weak asf I know)

Or how do I fix my hip and shit and get back to squatting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RU8K3UAF_JA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How to fix?
Stop squatting and deadlifting for awhile.
>How much to add each session?
That depends on how much effort you put into getting that 3x5 in the previous session

I'm doing SL 5x5,

A:
Leg Press 3x5, (not been doing warm up sets with this)
OH Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin ups 3x8

B:
Leg press 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5
Chin ups 3x8

I can't stop deadlifting man. Thanks for the tips though.

>doing 5x5
>not a single thing 5x5

change the chin-ups on A to dips. that way you're hitting your chest every workout and not doing chin-ups every workout.

Thanks for the tip, I'll switch it up.

Same shit man, I've just heard that you can make strength gains quicker on 3x5.

>Substituting chinups with dips
How about doing both. Chinups and dips are barely taxing.

You think so?

Its bodyweight chinups/dips right? You can do both

Na but I'm starting weighted soon. My chin ups are at the point where I'm getting all 8 reps for 3 sets after my heavy compounds. I assume my dips are at the same level

I'm not even going to read your entire post
You can't substitue squats so do them you gigantic pussy

5 kg till you can't do 5 reps then 2.5 kg from then.

when you say right hip do you mean groin, upper thigh, your ass specifically?

its like a long tendon on the outer middle of your thigh, just below the hip, where the crease is.

can't help you then, I had pain in my inner thigh. good luck there's usually a solution if you can find it.

>spend ages reworking your squat form and getting injured instead of just doing leg press and actually increasing your leg strength
okay faggot

thanks for backing me up man, i plan on getting my legs strong with leg press at first and wait until this injury subsides, then i'll go back to squats i guess.

Roll it out with a hockey ball. Literally my best friend at the moment for my hip and shoulder pain.

Source: 185kg/120kg/210kg @ 72kg bodyweight getting achey as FUCK at the moment peaking.

Why are you squatting? Leg press is all you need unless you are a power lifter, which you are not

>spend ages reworking on squat form
Are you retarded? A deload and two weeks tops of paying attention to his form and he'd be golden
Also
>increasing leg strength with the leg press
Good luck with that buddy

It really is possible. If you leg press 1000 lbs, do you think it wont strengthen your leg?

I get it that most ppl who do machine stuff doesnt do progressive overload. But if you do, theres no reason you cant get strong

>this exercise hurts me
>im not gonna stop doing it

Then enjoy the consequences and fuck off.

Sounds like hip impingement. Your hips mihht be shifted to one side more than the other, putting a lot of unneeded pressure on one side.

This video helped me out, especially the banded hip distraction.

It reduces the pain immediately, but you need to keep doing it consistently for it to finally go away.

youtu.be/RU8K3UAF_JA

Do front squats

i did a 7pl8 leg press either side of 3x5 and cant even squat 2pl8 5x5 (just started squatting 2 weeks ago)

I get a stabbing pain behind my eye from squats, have proper form but I think it might be due to bar placement? I also had a prior TBI.
Either way I still do my reps just feels like I'm getting my head caved in.

Anyone got solid advice? Did them prior without issue and it's gotten me worried so I use the Smith machine for them temporarily.

Also do an exaggerated lunge without weight and slowly shift the leg that hurts outward. Not too far obviously but it stretches really well in your fucking cock area and soothes the joint.

I didnt say it will carryover to your squat. Squat requires back, core, and posterior chain strength too. But that doesnt mean you dont strengten your quads doing leg press

post legs?

Is 392lbs 3x8 bad for a legpress? I don't really train legs but I have 24 inch quads

>So I've been doing leg press lately instead of squats as they have been giving me some nasty ass hip pain/injury
>squats have been giving me some nasty ass hip pain/injury
wtf how poor must your form be to get injury from squats. maybe reduce weight when squatting, but if you seriously cant squat then leg press will be even worse for your hip

It's not worse it's much better

My form wasn't even poor, I've tried a load of different stances, wide, narrow, medium, I do high bar squats, my form is pretty decent. The hip pain is still there though. You're acting like this is an isolated incident exclusive to me, fucking retard

>squats hurt so I don't do them anymore
nice mindset faggot

Temporarily until this problem goes away? It's obviously impossible to go up the weight keep on doing the same painful shit.

squat is a basic exercise, its the foundation that you build everything else upon. If you are able bodied with both legs and cant squat, you have no business even thinking going to the gym

If im leg pressing I prefer sets of 10 or even 15. Form break down isnt much of an issue and I like to burn and pump.

But then again I do front squats and deads for lower reps and strength already. Leg press or lunges are my preferred finishers.

take some weight off and actually do full range of motion, i squat more than double what you do and 7 plates a side would jam my legs through my torso
leg press is perfectly fine for training the quads, its inclusion in many powerlifting programs (no not rippetoe shot) is not by accident

but i'm sure you know better than Boris Sheiko
spoken like a true pencil necked geek faggot

Post your body

Thanks for the backup lad

6ft, 76 kg, 9% BF, this is one month progress, pic taken on 18 of september

why even give advice if you've been lifting for a month and couldn't bench my flaccid dick

43000000 get

Exactly man, you look worse than me and I'm leg pressing, you're squatting. Where's the correlation to anything? I'm gonna jump back on squats once ive strengthened my legs asf on leg press and my hips healed up.

He won't post anything but lies

I am gonna build up slowly and surpass you. Avoiding squats is a mistake

post body

Why didn't you include the part of the program where you have to do fucking squats? I know sheiko, I ran multiple templates of his
Also, lrn2 reading comprehension faggot, I never claimed the leg press was bad, I only said you can't substitute squats with it.

There is no substitute for squats, period. During my brosplit days I could press 900 not counting the sled for reps. After a three year hiatus I’m close to squatting 3pl8 and my legs are way bigger, my body is way thicker, and I’m stronger than I ever have been.

Take time off to heal and get back into squats. In the long run you’ll regret not sacrificing short term gains.

t. Frog LARPing as a beginner

Can you lift your leg without cramping? It sounds like a hip flexor strain, had it too while squatting. Know how to stretch the hip flexors properly with a posterior pelvic tilt, do planks for bracing. Also condition your hip flexors by lifting the leg up higher and higher against a wall for 4 set of 15s, 3 times a week.

Yeah I think it's my hip flexor, I get pain when I lift my knee up like in the karate move that daniel pulls off in karate kid.

How should I do the planks?

Could I not just use the hip abductor machine to strengthen all that shit instead of the stretches and planks and stuff. Gonna start foam rolling with a hockey ball like was suggested as well.

I've found that going TOO heavy on leg press stresses those muscles and joints a lot. You've gotta do less weight and you also can't go too deep. I go until my legs are 80-90 degrees and that's my stopping point. I keep the stress on my quads.