Gym Music

What is it about hip-hop/ R&B that makes it such a popular choice to blast in Gyms?

I don't sense anything heroic or stimulating about the repetitive and slow beats.

The music seems to inspire "showing off" and apathy as opposed to improving and overcoming one's self...is it just me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TsZiWIntw1M
youtube.com/watch?v=KQY9zrjPBjo
youtu.be/C7NSUFDHFgg
youtu.be/p0x6FEDV-ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sometimes I listen nas or wu tang while I work out but it's hard for me to stay focused and aggressive with it. Lately it's mostly metal

You're right. It really just seems like they put on what's "popular." At least in my gym.

I get where you are coming from, just try not to over think it. The music is trendy and normies love it. They have to cater to the masses.

There is only one set of music that is able to be played at the gym at a single time. This set of music must appeal to the most people possible, therefore the most popular music (backed by sales) will appeal to the most people. Even if gym goers are not interested in this certain music, because it is so successful (backed by sales), it must be produced well, and thus our ears will respond positively to the sounds (backed by science) because they are put together well

there's your autism response because if you really couldn't figure it out on your own you're fucked in the head

What heroic and inspiring music do you listen to OP?

>I don't sense anything heroic or stimulating about the repetitive and slow beats.

Haha. I'm sure not everyone's ears respond positively to the sounds produced, which is why OP made the thread to begin with.

I just play sailing shanties because I like the feeling of camaraderie while I lift.

>backed by science

has been my gym song for the last 5 years
youtube.com/watch?v=TsZiWIntw1M

I have a sabaton playlist I always have going while I run. Nothing better than some upbeat rock music to inspire you to try just a little harder.

>Haha. I'm sure not everyone's ears respond positively
He never said that either, are you trolling

>being this jewed
yes yes keep listening those niggers tunes I mean based cool tunes!

Well put

"le hip hop and R&B sucks meme"

youtube.com/watch?v=KQY9zrjPBjo

Normies just like bad music in general, listen to a good artist and any genre can be good.

I only listen to fast psych rock and shoegaze while lifting

>at the gym
>not listening to Sabaton
>never gonna make it
youtu.be/C7NSUFDHFgg

youtu.be/p0x6FEDV-ig

Don't tell me that shit don't get you hyped

/k/ and Veeky Forums a true patrician

>certain notes don't sound good together, regardless of what genre of music you listen to

xD