Veeky Forums Cardio

Jeff Seid ran 3.1 miles in 20 min.

What's your excuse, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

racesonline.com/events/st-jude-walk-run-to-end-childhood-cancer-memphis-tn/results/2017?category_id=11404&gender=M
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=SnbkI7bdlqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jeff Seid is 5'8".

damn he sounds like a cool guy, good for him

I am inferior to the natty cookielord.

pretty good for a bodybuilder desu, would've expected a slower time

Jeff Seid is 5'8"?

Well if he went top 10 then he probably made a better time than 20 minutes for a 5k
Good for him though, and nice to see him using his image for charity

Damn that's pretty slow. I run faster 5ks than him and I'm skinnyfat. I would expect someone who is fit like that to run faster.

he is 5'9"

fuck that's impressive especially for a first timer and a bodybuilder at that.

he is not "cardio" fit though, he's a bodybuilder and that doesn't make him a good runner

dude is 50 pounds heavier than you

I run that in 19:30min and am not a juiced up monkey

>I run faster 5ks than him and I'm skinnyfat

You sound like you run 5ks often.

Jeff said it was his first time.

I run 6 km in 30 mins. Guess I still have some work to do

Having more muscle is considered a handicap when it comes to cardio.

Just look at your average triathalon athlete's body

thank you based tay tay

That's pretty good dude just keep at it

I ran a 5k in 22 minutes when I was 12. A 5k in 20 minutes isn't that impressive.

>lmfao -.-

I can do that in less time

>I ran a 5k in 22 minutes when I weighed 90 pounds
Wow that's so impressive.

I ran my first 5k in around 14 minutes last Thanksgiving.

20 minutes is not that impressive.

In fact, I would say most high school athletes would smoke him.

soooo you held about 30 seconds off of world record pace for a mile for 3 miles straight on your 1st 5k.... do you believe the bullshit you spew or are you just straight retarded?

kek, have you seen HS runners? They weigh 120 LB soaking wet.

he doesn't look impressive without photoshop

20 min isn't that good for a 5k.
I'm in the marines and most of my squadron can run one in 16-17 minutes.

Props to Jeff for his effort though.

I for one, believe him. Why would he lie on the internet?

Sure you did buddy

Serious question.
How fast does an average individual run a 5k?

I believe him.

14 minutes is on par with most elite male college runners.

World record pace would be around 13 minutes.

but elite college runners have run that 5k 100s of times and here he is saying 1st time.. yeah bullshit, you are just as stupid as he is

you are also stupid, please kill yourself

jeff pls go

the average individual probably can't run a 5k.

can dyels stop pretending like their cardio is impressive?
Hint: everyone can 'mire a good body. Nobody will ever mire a fast 5k

pic related: it's you

Draugr get ye gone

/thread

Remember it’s not about how much you lift it’s about how much you look like you lift

Reality check: girls will laugh at you if you look aesthetic but can't even keep up with them in a Spartan Race.

Real alpha males look good AND are physically fit.

Lifting, eating and sleeping is easy.

Training your mind and body to be able to compete in an endurance event like a triathalon is a true test of grit, heart, and willpower.

I once had a friend tell me "girls can feel your biceps, but they can't feel your lungs"

I did xc in hs and was pretty skinny but in horrible shape, I think my time was like 22min

dat /neckpill/ tho
how much can she neck curl, brehs?

Probably first 5k event.

I ran my first 5k earlier this year in around 19 minutes.

I run 5k for exercise all the time but in terms of a real timed a event that was the first so its pretty believable.

Reality check: girls will laugh at you if you look don't look aesthetic but you spend hours a week working out

Real alpha males spend their time wisely in the gym on things that actually matters

Spending 30 minutes on a bike every day is easy

Training your mind and body to be able to hold 700 lbs in your hands is a true test of grit, heart, and willpower

pic related: this is also you

I too did cross country. After 3 years my fastest time was 22:02

I think I got handed the shit genetics card though. I was busting my ass like everybody else, but when one guy goes from 29 minutes down to 21 in a season and it takes you three years to go 29 to 22 you're kind of fucked.

Btw I'm super skinny.

who here cycles and what kinda whip do you ride?

Long-distance running is the only physical activity humans excel at.

I love lifting but nothing beats pushing yourself to the point of suffering for 20 minutes

Yeah I had a anatomical leg length discrepancy and asthma working against me, oh well no cross country pussy for us

>previous best was 2.5km
>Decide to push myself and run a 5k today
>34 minutes
>Shins are in another plane

Jeez Louise that was not fun

it's funny because you imagine a mile like, no problem I can bang one out in 7 min, but do 3 of those fuckers in a row and you'll be faced with a cold dose of your actual endurance

Holy shit you faggot I'm in the military too and this isn't true.

If you look like you're in great shape but can't even run a 5k then you are just a poser.

Don't get me wrong, having an aesthetic body is greatt. But not if you don't have any cardio behind it.

And let's be real, you know you are lying if you're saying 1 hr of lifting is harder than 1 hr of cardio.

There's this weird point where you feel like you can run forever, though.

You lower your mile pace by 10 seconds and suddenly you can run 13 miles instead of 6

Holy beta batman

that's a pretty insecure mindset.

you're clearly not an athlete.

You speak the truth brother. At least I know so I can improve further now

what a tool

How the fuck does 20 minutes for a 5k get top 10 in a race with 10,000 people? I run that slow for my hour and a half plus long runs.

Tbh if you can't deadlift AT LEAST 405 and power clean 205, you have absolutely no right to decide what athletism is all about
Being able to deadlift above 405 requires intensive programming and patience. Being able to Olympic lift requires precise and powerful movements

Being able to run a 5k is just about being able to run a lot. It requires no skill, and there exists no purpose in the real world to change a 30 minute 5k to 20 minutes. On the other hand, dead lifting 700lbs, you're able to preform a lot more tasks than if you couldn't. Cleaning 400 allows you to get the most of your explosiveness and teaches your body and mind to react as quick as it can

Reality check: girls will laugh at you if you look aesthetic but can't even keep up with them in a Spartan Race.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I don't think you quite realise how difficult it is to drop from 19 minutes to 14 minutes.

>improving your cardiovascular health has no benefits
ok

>but im a competitve kent lol

jesus

Is that Ian McCarthy?

Also, chicks will legit laugh at you when you are gassed after 60 seconds of thrusting because you never do cardio. And you will die of a heart attack before age 40.

LOL you think deadlifting 405 and powercleaning 205 are impressive?

I could put up those numbers after just 1 year of serious training.

That's besides the point though. I guarantee nobody gives a shit about who's much you lift besides other guys who lift.

Similar to strength training, there exists diminishing returns with cardiovascular health. Except with strength training/body building, the diminishing returns are objectively worth it

>AT LEAST
What I consider impressive is a 700 lb deadlift and a 400 lb clean. That's why I specified it twice, user
Way to let everyone know how retarded you are

>comparing the difficulty of deadlifting 700 lbs to the difficulty of running a 5k

Only an imbecile would make that analogy.

That or someone with truly pitiful cardio.

It was a run/walk. Most were walking.

Was Jeffy using an alias? He doesn't show up on the race results.

>"I..I forgot to wear my chip!"

racesonline.com/events/st-jude-walk-run-to-end-childhood-cancer-memphis-tn/results/2017?category_id=11404&gender=M

shut up taylor you're 5'10
manlet

E X P O S E D
out with these frauds

Reality check: girls will laugh at all of you no matter what because you're getting in a gay ass argument on Veeky Forums you fucking faggots

not on his IG anymore

he didn't run it
or he lied on IG and took it down when everyone realized he didnt actually run it

Mystery solved. His name is on the results if you take off the M filter (he must not have put down a gender).

He ran it in 22:26. A little different than 20.

Also he was beat by 2 girls.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=SnbkI7bdlqk

he crosses at ~4:50 into the video.

g girls will laugh at me?

He's 6ft

So 5'10.

It's weird how that works. When I was a skeleton in high school I could do a half-marathon and still have some energy to do more, but my 5k time was embarrassing, I'd be gasping for breath after a mile at a slightly fast pace, and it never seemed to improve with interval training.

And Todd Howard is 6'2"...

He looks totally natty in that pic, guise...

id cut my left arm off to bust a nut in her raw style

lmao wtf, I coulda gotten top 5 in a 1500 person race? the south is such a joke

"turnout of 10,000 people"

Jeff just knows how to market.

Basically 10,000 people showed up (to spectate, volunteer and take part)

Its a charity run/walk. Outside of a local running club there werent actually gonna be many people competing.

Oh well, this mostly explains it lol. He got top 10 among the women.

no he's not i met him at EDC, taller than chestbrah, who is not 5'11, more like 5'9, and hes significantly taller than him

>10,000 people!
1500 running

>20 minutes!
Actually 22.5

>Top 10!
Actually top 20 and beat by two girls in a soccer mom charity run. That time would be lucky to crack the top 100 in a bigger race.

Really makes you thingk

Really makes me think this place is fucked up if it declares an entire topic to discuss the stats of how a roidmonkey did in a charity run.

Jesus Christ, /fit is dumber than ever.

I can 3.0 mile in 12 min

>3.1 miles in 20 min.
"About 20 minutes" lol.

He looks good, but he's surprisingly unfit. I outlift him and outrun him. I don't look as good as him, but I'll probably live longer and suck fewer dicks.

I ran cross country in highschool. Being able to do cardio feels great, and so does being big. But being able to do both is best.
>2012: 135lbs 17:32 5k
>2014/2015: 200lbs 20:14 5k
>2016: 210lbs 25:35 5k (let myself go)
>2017:180lbs 19:21 5k

>so does being big
But how do you know what being big feels like?

Comparatively. Being 200lbs is huge compared to the hungry skelly I was all my life up to that point

So you're saying manlets are faster runners?

around 32 mins to be honest
with minimum preparation and healthy bodyweight i did 22 mins

hater