Am I running too much?

Am I running too much?

>be doing crossfit for a year
>normally we MAY run 1-1.5 miles once a week
>never run over 2 miles at once in the 18 months I have been going
>recently I started running 5 days a week
>run 3 miles a day (currently at 27 minutes)
>have deep throbbing pain occasionally in knees
>never bad enough to make me stop doing anything
>just annoying

Did I jump in too deep into running? Or will the pain go away once I get more use to running? I am currently on week 3.

>on a side note I did accidentally shit myself the other day while running on the treadmill.

Other urls found in this thread:

stewsmith.com/linkpages/ALLrunningplans.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>running too much

Only possible if you're a fat.

Shut the fuck up with this meme. Post your 2 mile time, troll

10 minutes

Why the fuck is everyone staring at that guy?
Is he magically going to unshit himself if he stops running?

This reminds me of the "woman" who was caught shitting on people's lawns in Colorado Springs, come to find out she was a he at some point and they are blaming brain damage from the gender reassignment surgery it had

You need time to recover, you can't do it 5 days a week like that. The pain is just gonna get worse and worse if you don't recover

15 miles a week isnt a whole lot. Knee pain implies you're fat and/ or have bad form. Figure out which and fix it.

Yeah I think 3mi/day is too aggressive to jump into from 1.5mi/week.

I'm not sure what a more normal progression would be but I am sure that's the cause of your pain. Run 1.5mi/day for a week or two and see how the pain feels, then build from there.

Probably fat. I am 6'2 210. Pretty sure that is fat by most runners standards.

>crossfit for a year
Let's talk about the main issue...

Yes, 3 miles a day is too much
you will fuck up your knees, in fact if you are fit enough to run 3 miles every day then there is no point doing it, if you love doing cardio, then go to the gym and start using different cardio machines (threadmill, bike, rowing, maybe ellictical) to get the same amount of calories burnt as a single 3 mile run, this way you wont fuck up your knees and will get full body workout

I do Row a lot, I can normally pull a 1:33 500m and I can pull 2500m in about 10 minutes. It also doesnt kill my knees, I just thought running would be one of the easier things to add into my daily routine.

>1:33 500m
whoah thats pretty good, does that account for the difficulty setting? I A 2mins 500m at least for the first 1000m

No way you can run 3 miles in 27 minutes and be that fat.

The little thing on the side you can set the resistance to was right between 6/7. Its where we normally keep the rowers. No idea where it should be.

The 1:33 pace absolutely killed me, I did it and it took me a good 2 minutes to catch my breath. Its not a sustainable pace at all for me.

This right here is the issue with crossfit programming. No thought or accounting for individuals differences, just some tard in room pulling workouts out of thin air.

I see I always set it to 10 (which is the highest on our machines). I will have to try it on 7 and see what its like.
Our gym is running some competition to win some protein powder and free PT sessions and they advertised roving 500m on set to 7, I guess thats the standard.

OP literally said none of this happened until he started running, none of his problems came from crossfit, just running too much like an idiot and being a fatass.

You've been doing crossfit for 18 months and are that heavy? What's your bf%?

10 is the highest on ours, but from my understanding having it on 10 is like rowing a barge, whereas 7 is like rowing a canoe and 1 is like skating on ice. It means you "coast" further after each pull the lower the number is.

Again I am not very sure because I am nowhere near a rowing expert. I think 7 is like the "natural" number.

I started at 295. Dropped down to 205 within 13 months and I have been stuck there for a while, its one reason I decided to add running into my daily routine. My body fat is around 23% which is way too high.

I think my body is starting to have some negative effects from being on a severe cut for such a long period of time. My maxes have been stagnate for 10 months, I have shown no muscle growth. I recently started counting macros instead of just calories and much to my surprise I am getting nowhere near enough enough protein a day (I dont drink protein shakes). I should be eating around 200g of protein a day but I am typically only eating around 125-140g a day. I feel like this may also be some of my issues with gaining strength.

Crossfit is nowhere near perfect, but it was a good starting place for me, as well as had good results for me with no injuries.

90 pounds in 13 months seems like an unhealthy rate to lose weight. That's almost 7 pounds a month.

This is your brain on Veeky Forums.

Wew lad.

I stand behind it. I've never seen a person over 200 pounds run a 5k in less than 30 minutes.

Never been in the military eh?

Do you only associate with midgets?

This is a relativly easy run for me. I'm 6ft2, 210lbs

how many calories a day do you eat?

>run 3 miles a day (currently at 27 minutes)
That's a really slow PFT

Depends on what I'm doing, but 3-5k. 5k calories are only on my long run days where I do 14-20 miles depending on where I am in my training.

Worth noting that Strava calculations are way out of line. I usually work on 0.66 calories x bodyweight in lbs per mile.

It sounds like starting off with running 15 miles a week in addition to crossfit was probably too much on your body. Give yourself a couple weeks off and then start off with an easier routine. Check this out: stewsmith.com/linkpages/ALLrunningplans.htm
Start at the first plan and work your way up.

As for the weight loss, how many calories a day are you eating? You may just need to eat less desu.

For your strength, are you following a real strength program or just doing the crossfit wods?

Or not enough muscle

Can someone take the pointing old man and make him a meme pls

>running
>cardio
That's fucking disgusting both pic and running. Sprinting and 400 meter running is cool though.

As of now just WODs, I started this week lifting weights in the morning after I go for a run, but I can tell its too much on my body.

I dont really want to cut out crossfit because me and my wife go to it together and its kind of become part of our daily routine. I eat 18-2100 calories a day. I eat the same amount on days off, as I do days I work out. At least one day a week I eat around 2700 calories.

Im 6'2 240. I can do 3 miles in 29 minutes.

>have knee pain and ankle weakness
>doctor says the hardware is ok, I just need to strengthen it
>start running six months ago, couch-to-5k, 5k-to-20k, everything's going well
>running friend recommends I give everything a week off to heal after constant use
>run again yesterday
>all the pain from 6 months ago is back

Am I doomed to have to run forever to avoid pain?

You are lying. You didn't give the second split, which is what a runner who ran 10 minute 2m would do.

Like a snapshot from a really bad dream

Get some running sandles. Take away the support and focus on form. I had some crazy pain when I ran and gave that a shot and all my pain issues went away pretty quick. Just watch out for pointy rocks they will fuck your day up.

I get pain in my lower back when I run. I don't know if it's shit form or from where I hurt my back when I was younger.

I think if you build up slowly you can definitely do the running in addition to crossfit. It might just be too much to do serious weight training in addition to the wods so you'll have to decide what's more important to you I suppose.

For the weight loss you might need to go back up to maintenance calories for a few weeks before going back to cutting

Look up lordosis and anterior pelvic tilt. It's likely those postural problems.

what is this called again? It was something like mumbai runner, or bombay runner?
I think it first happened in india in the '60s but I cant find that reference on google now

I've always just heard it called runners' trots. It's pretty common in ultramarathon runners I'm told, it's part of the entire body shutting down.

>>on a side note I did accidentally shit myself the other day while running on the treadmill.
post pic

Actual rower here. It's all about drag factor, I'm 6'7 230# and I row between a 4 and a 5. Look online to see the recommended drag factor for your weight, I normally use 130

2lbs/week is fairly standard, right on the cusp of muscle loss in the regular case, fatties of course can afford more per week but if he's doing 7/mo that's fairly safe.

I was only 20% bf and I've lost around 10lbs in 3 weeks which I would assume translates to about 5lbs fat 5lbs water weight lost. None of my lifts have gone down so I'm sure I'm fine on muscle loss, I am doing IF though.

Have you gone to a physical therapist or similar and had them check your feet?

I had inner knee issues due to walking on concrete for 8hr days and running with pronated, flat feet. Once I got custom orthotics from standing in a foot mold my feet hurt like fuck for a few days but then I could walk/run as much as I wanted with no knee pain.

Before I literally felt like I was giving up a bit of my knee health every day, now I don't even feel them at all.