LIFTING FEELS

Get them off your chest brehs.
Here goes: HOW THE FUCK IS IT POSSIBLE TO PUSH PRESS LESS WEIGHT THAN YOU CAN STRICT PRESS?
I also took like an hour nap before jumping right into lifting, could that have fucked me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LNCbharr18U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

You have terrible push press form.

Most people do. The rack position differs from a strict press, a lack of hip or ankle mobility will fuck you and you need much better upper back strength.

thanks for clearing it up

Your rhythm is still shit PLUS you throw off your bar path. Keep working on nice and close reps and you'll get there.

If you need ankle or hip mobility your dip is too deep mang.

Also weak upper back makes it harder to keep the weight stable and in position

You don't need great mobility, but the way most people try and do it you need more than average (which is more an indictment of how jacked up the average person is than how hard the push press is). The trick is to take a more squat-ish stance and push the knees out but most people try and do it sissy-squat style, which requires damn good ankle mobility and tends to piss off most peoples knees for obvious reasons.

>toes front small stance push presses
ISHYGDDT

Fuck me.
>do SS
>everybody memes about squat getting way ahead of other lifts
>bad groin tear half way through, take 5 weeks off from squatting and deadlifting
>quit SS and move onto PHUL after bench gets too heavy to make 5 lb jumps
>squat: 205 3x5
>start cut to trim some of that milk fluff
>go for 210
>5x5x4
>fuck, I'll get it next time
>next time
>5x4x3 fail onto the safeties on last set
>FUCK
>next time
>4x3..... deload to 185 for 5

I never wanted a huge squat and I'm in this for aesthetics, but fuck is it frustrating. I feel like I'm watching my strength evaporate.

>tfw maxed lat pulldown machine including those thingies that add another 25lbs each but can only do 3 strict pullups lol
>tfw zipper abs and wonky pecs, but nais arms and delts, I am literally built to look good in tanktops but not naked
>tfw need to change gyms soon and the only one I can afford (both schedule and $$ wise) has no worthwhile equipment, try highbar squatting 3.5pl8 with those gay thin 10kg bars without wearing it like a necklace after the third rep
>tfw trap and upper back training made me look more intimidating than alpha (which is not necessarily the same)

Huh. That felt good.

Holy fuck I am so glad some DYEL has a weaker squat than I do. I'm passing 225 on SL5X5, cuck!

HEY HEY! THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR

your calorie deficit is too low

How's your bench? I'm up to 195 3x5. I'm running my own race. If you're stronger, good for you.

I'm sure it's the calories, but it's blowing my mind that 2,600 calories/day is too low. I'm skeptical that's even a deficit yet. I was eating 3,500 prior to the cut and gaining about 0.5 lbs per week by the end. Currently 197.6 lbs 5'11".

> can deadlift twice my body weight
> still look like shit
Also I shaved my face and now I look evil

>no replies in 3 hours
Glad Veeky Forums is mostly doing okay.

I want to squat at my university gym but they have a real barbell and my previous experience has all been on one of those Planet Fitness squat machines. I don't want to make an ass of myself with a free bar my first time so I've avoided it entirely...

Recovered PFer here. You just gotta get over it. It will feel awkward the first time, but it's all in your head. Watching some form videos, then start your set by warming up with the bar a couple times and work your way up to something light like 115. You'll quickly get used to it. Increase weight from there.

I am a bit worried that I will never be satisfied with my body. And if I can't achieve satisfaction, then making it is impossible, is it?

Don't avoid it. I skipped squatting because I didn't know how to do it. Now I feel like a literal retard trying to catch up

>mfw I bench 205 for a 5x5 fairly easily, then walk over to the squat rack and stuggle with 165

Why do I always feel so weak after I come off a deload? After breaking a PR, I feel like I'm going to deload and my old weights are going to be a breeze but NOPE, still heavy, and the feels hit me.

Fuck, you're me.

I've been struggling with it a lot. I've even started a program where I end up doing three variations of the squat every week, so that I get to catch up. Now my squat is slightly over my bench, and starting to shoot up.

Broke my finger just a couple minutes ago and had to stop the rest of my workout
> I was supposed to do bench man

I am a bit worried that I will never be satisfied with your puny little penis.

A bit of that too, but I think masturbation would feel the same if I had a longer one as well, so it's not that important.

I will continue masturbating your penis, but I cannot escape the nagging feeling of disappointment.

>2xbw deadlift
Try 3x bodyweight and see where you are boyo. 4xbw if you're smol

That's because you keep tugging it.

That's why they call me Rum Tum Tugger.

youtube.com/watch?v=LNCbharr18U

...how?

also
>lurking Veeky Forums in the gym
>making it

I came back home
I was putting a dumbbell away when my finger was caught between the weight and rack

nice. similar to why I only have 9.5 toes.