What did medieval life look like?

What did medieval life look like?
Did they clean their teeth? Or wash their hands after taking shit? Did they cut their pubes?

Attached: 15211401156100.jpg (600x767, 46K)

yes, yes and yes.

>clean their teeth
With alcohol
>wash their hands after taking a shit
With alcohol
>did they cut their pubes
No because that was considered degenerate.

An account by the 12th century chronicler Usama ibn Munqidh;

"I heard a similar case from a bath attendant called Salim from Ma'arra, who worked in one of my fathers bathhouses. This is his tale:

I earned my living in Ma'arra by opening a bathhouse. One day a Frankish knight came in. They do not follow our custom of wearing a cloth around their waist while they are at the baths, and this fellow put his hand, snatched off my loin-cloth and threw it away. He saw at once that I had just recently shaved my pubic hair.

'Salim!' he exclaimed! I came toward him and he pointed to that part of me.

'Salim! You shall certainly do the same for me!' and he lay down flat on his back. His "hair" was as long as his beard. I shaved him, and when he had felt the place with his hand and found it agreeably smooth, he said: 'Salim, you must certainly do the same for my Dama'. In their language Dama means lady, or wife. He sent his valet to fetch his wife, and when they arrived and the valet brought her in, she lay down on her back and he said to me:

'Do to her what you did to me.' So I shaved her pubic hair, while her husband stood. Then he thanked me and paid me for my services.'

Attached: 1454899709946-his.jpg (960x870, 257K)

>this fellow put his hand, snatched off my loin-cloth and threw it away.
>he had felt the place with his hand and found it agreeably smooth
>So I shaved her pubic hair, while her husband stood.
the absolute state of franks

no. they mashed the shit into their teeth and pubes.

I want milk, mommy!

How much dowry do i have to pay to get access to those milkers?

Kek

7 villages

where the fuck do you get that from?
I mean where did you get your source form, how come you pull it out like it's your personal brain database?

I was posted here before, I just remembered the story when he mentioned pubes. Then I just googled for a bit till I found it again reposted on (or originally posted to?) Reddit

>No because that was considered degenerate.
They did once they got lice

You know how modern women go spend hours at the hairdresser chatting with their friends?
Well, in medieval times they spent hours chatting with their friends while looking for lice in each others' hair.

daily life was surprisingly good
you live in a picturesque village or town, had a comfy house with a garden, your wife, your kids, a dog, a cat, some chicken, a goat or a cow, all organic food, a safe job, spend your evening in a local pub with your friends

Attached: Hans_Franck,_Biermesser,_Mendel_Band_I_(1506),_Seite_125v.jpg (1514x2060, 1.34M)

Sometimes I wonder if the Japanese consider us nasty for not having a squirt of water up our behinds after taking a shit.

Depends a lot on the exact period, but in central europe both during the early and late middle ages life expectancy was significantly higher than in late antiquity and early modern times.

Franks have been cucks for Mohammed for 9 centuries oh geez

>tfw I did an illustration of this in high school back in 2005 for my history class project.
This takes me back.

When you aren't really eating any sugar, your teeth stay relatively healthy on their own

>cucks
>forcing a man to shave his ass then doing the same for his wife is being a cuck

You just can't handle how chad the Franks were.

this. ever notice how tribal african people have weirdly nice teeth?

grains are horrible for your teeth though

hunter-gatherers or nomadic pastoralists

That's not being a cuckold or a chad. It's just having nice manners with a foreign guest.