Do I have to do squats? I hate squats

Do I have to do squats? I hate squats

For me, it's squats

Yes, you have to do squats.

Squats = hating the workout
Hating the workout = not going to the gym
Not going to the gym = 0 fitness

Better to enjoy the workout and have slightly inferior legs, than doing squats and eventually quitting.

You don't have to do anything bro.

But squats are fucking awesome, there's only one better feeling in this world than squatting your personal record (that thing is deadlifting a PR).

This

No, you don't, Veeky Forums is super squat centric because it's a fucking meme. You can get good legs from doing just leg press and literally nothing else, don't fall for the memes. In addition, no one gives a shit REALLY about your leg development, you can definitely look aesthetic with shit legs.

you don't have to do anything

nothing beats a deadlift PR, next stop 6pl8

you don't have to. don't feel bad because every normie around you goes on and on about how "awesome xD" squats are, or how "squatz are life :))". maybe you don't have the right proportions (tall guys often don't). maybe you just don't like them.
I never hated them and actually have okay proportions for it, but I just never quite got what all the fuss was about. to me they feel dumb. forced. unnatural.
here's the thing. no one's forcing you to do strength training, this is already a choice, and a commendable one at that. don't let cunts peer pressure you into doing some incredibly specific shit because there's an urban legend about "muh test boosts" or because there's a sport based around it. next you'll ask us if you have the right to high bar, or which tempo is Veeky Forums approved.
do whatever the fuck you like. the more muscle is used the better (note I didn't say "the more weight", because that's not true, due to moment arms and sheet), but honestly if you can't find one that suits you just don't do any. sure you'll see lesser results but who cares?
but back to squats. just try front squats, zerchers, jeffersons, hack squats or even unilateral lifts. find one that'll get you psyched up, because ultimately that's what'll drive progress.
the other day there was a guy who argued that jeffersons weren't "legit" because they don't have carryover to squats. well I know for experience squats have shit carryover to jeffersons as well, so what's stopping me from saying squats aren't legit?
why can't I use carryover to Jefferson as the gold standard for every single lower body lift? it's just as arbitrary as back squats.
just remember this: exercise selection today is largely due to history and lineage. if a lift recruits a lot of muscle and is easy to progress on then it's definitely "legit", no matter how unconventional or goofy it is.
fuark that was long

>you can definitely look aesthetic with shit legs
so easy to spot a dyel

>heh this guy says what everyone deep down knows is a fact but it's against the retard hivemind and i'm actually dyel myself i hope people will chime in with me here so i feel like i belong

I can't do them because my homegym doesn't have rack for it.
I do dl for legs and a lot of biking. Seems enough for now.

I'm a tall guy. 6'2. Leg presses absolutely destroy my knees. Using the V-squat machine was a much better alternative for me.

would just like to add, up until the turn of the century the bent press (look it up) was considered the best indicator of strength. these guys didn't even squat for the most part. does that mean they had worse legs? probably. does it mean anything more than that? fuck no. they had their lifts, which had their benefits, and their training was geared toward improving those.
nowadays you'd get kicked out of most normie gyms for attempting a bent press or a one arm snatch.
definitely not saying "muh manly old timey strongmen were better", but they were good at the lifts they wanted to be good at, and if you don't compete in anything that's what strength training should be about.

You can get aesthetic legs without doing squats but being aesthetic with shit legs is an oxymoron to anyone but 14yo girls you contrarian shit

how do i stop vomitting on leg day

today was my first leg workout since june because i kept throwing up. figured maybe i just needed a break and some lighter weights and still threw up everywhere after back squats and during front squats

you don't have to do anything

oats

This thread disgusts me. Do you have to do squats? No. Do you have to workout? No. Do you have to not do meth? No. You don't have to do shit but there are things you need to do, squatting is one of them everyone who says otherwise is the same as a fat person saying "I eat 10000 calories a day because I want to and I can". Sure you can not squat but where would the world be if everyone did what's comfortable and easy? Nowhere. This thread is what's wrong with this fucking generation no one wants to do something hard. Be a fucking man and squat faggot.

jesus christ what a cunt, come back when you actually start lifting m8.
I swear I can just smell you're some motivation thread lurking, larping smelly neckbeard.

don't brace extremely hard. just gulping air is usually enough for lightweight squats

If you hate skwaats, you have to do skwaats.

t. first year lifter, proudly watches Alan Thrall vids

kek I'm hoping this is bait otherwise you need to get laid.

Legs are for explosive movements anyways like jump squats and sprints and they are infinitely more fun than loading your spine up with retarded amount of weight and squatting.

Legs should be fast, explosive and strong.

And balanced without balance there is no strength

>I hate squats
What's your max? I didn't like them until I hit 3pl8, now I love them

I get that glutes and legs are fundamental for athletes but for aesthetics I completely disagree. Big legs & glutes are effeminate and look shit on a male body.

>t.millenial libcucks

>t obese fat ass
No your legs and ass are effeminate because you are a fat fucker,

>using the word cuck
>not a millenial yourself

pick one

My bodyfat percentage is about 12 but whatever.
I mean to each their own but whenever I see the glutemaxxed guys you guys post in /thicc/ threads I just think "what a waste of a physique" t b h.

O yea ? What about getting a gf ?

>using greentext
>using t.
>calling people millenials
>saying cuck
>browsing /pol/
yep it's a 22 year old skinny white guy

love deadlifting (all pulls off the floor really) but I've never really liked squats. they don't feel bad or anything, but I don't really care about how much I squat, PRs, that sort of thing. during the set I'm just thinking "eh.". same thing with bench t b h.

leg press made my legs grow so much quicker than squats ever have due to not being limited by stabilizing muscles being weak and bad flexibility

Aren't you soecial?

Squats are actually an incredibly technical lift and if you don't have them mastered perfectly they can be a huge fucking pain to do. I feel you OP.

That being said I still do squats. In a perfect world I'd probably do windsprints on my off days and replace squats with something autistic like lunges, but idk I'm lazy and just wanna follow muh easy routines.

There's a reason dont skip leg day is a normie meme now, you need some legs to have a balanced physique.. getting giant disproportionate SS thighs is a meme though

this. and a balanced, manly physique is what most people on here would probably snicker at.
to pic related is unironically not too far off. Could use big calves (his are tiny but that's genetics) and slightly bigger thighs.

this
when did Veeky Forums become a bunch of curlbro faggots

If your goal is aesthetics and/or general health, no, you absolutely don't need to squat. Heavy leg presses, hamstring curls, proper calf raises, and leg extensions with proper activation of your VMO, VL, and VI are plenty enough to build nice looking and strong legs.

People on this board and fitness culture in general put too much of an emphasis on "the big 3". Squats are a great exercise and IMO your legs and body in general won't be as strong as someone's who does squat, no matter how much accessory/isolation work you do, but that doesn't mean you can't have nice looking and strong legs without them. You can get into why they're absolutely necessary because of the the science behind the anabolic reaction heavy squats illicit and blah-blah-blah, but if you genuinely don't like them, don't fucking do them. It'll demotivate you, your mind -muscle connection will be shit, and it'll make lifting in general less enjoyable.

If she were 5x bigger id use her as a matress

Watching Clarence Kennedy made me enjoy squatting. I used to hate it as well.

The reason why you hate squats is probably because they're uncomfortable, and they're uncomfortable because of limitations in your range of movement and weakened stabilizers. Squatting will fix that, and it'll begin to feel enjoyable.

>because of the the science behind the anabolic reaction heavy squats illicit
yeah that's broscience, stop spreading this bullshit around

small and transient increase in test and gh (which is greatest for tabata protocol sprints and not squats) does absolutely nothing for muscle growth

who is this thick chick?

>yeah that's broscience, stop spreading this bullshit around

I know. That's what the "blah-blah-blah" was for.

some truth here

Squatting sucks ass and does not encourage consistent work outs.

Gemma Arterton brother