SHAVING

Let's talk about shaving, what works for you? What problems do you have?

The hair on my neck lies down a lot and I have to shave against the grain several times to get rid of it. I don't do it since I get razorburn from electric shaver

Since switching to using an electric TRIMMER (not shaver) my face has been 100% clear.

Constantly had issues with skin on face when I use to shave with a electric shaver or razor.

Since switching to a trimmer 5 years ago I've never had skin issues on my face anymore, no pimples, no redness, no razorburn, no red marks etc.

Trimming I feel is what I believe the skin is naturally supposed to handle, not ultra-close razor shaves.

I just asked my doctor about shaving my chest and he said the only way to avoid hair growing under the skin is to wax. also clean your razors if you don't wax

What razor are you using? Schick hydro 5 works great for me. The mach 3 never did anything but razorburn. I would advise against double edged razors. They can be fun, but i have extreme difficulty getting close on my chin with them, and find that they often don't shave as easily as cartridge razors.

So you always have some facial hair? Trimmers never got very close for me.

Switched to safety razor and brush + real soap, stopped having razorburn and ingrown hair since.

if you prep properly, any shaver will do.

Debate me

protip: you're wrong

Yep, and it looks better this way.

I use a trimmer with no guard, so it trims everything upto 0.5mm.

NEVER get any issues trimming this way, plus it keeps me looking far more mature, and face aesthetics easily increased by minimum of 1 point. No baby-face like you get with shaving down to the root.

check the broscience video on shaving, its literally the perfect explanations on shaving for a Veeky Forums man

I might try this. What trimmer do you use? I have one at home that i never use, but i'm not sure if they're like razors where the style makes a huge difference in the end result.

>tfw cant shave because skin condition on face breaks out into red rash
i cant even grow a beard either it just grows like like half an inch then stops completely lmfao gonna fucking kill myself
>beard cant connect from cheeks to chin

Not that guy but also a trimmerfag.
You can honestly use the one you have at home and it'd work. (If not, just go to a general dollar store and buy one, I got one a fancy one with like 10 guards and trimmer oil for 18 bucks). Trimmers are a god-send for skin and it always looks like you have a 5 oclock shadow which helps you look more masculine

Step aside, babbys

Some Phillips one.

how to shave closer?

Good goyims, keep purchasing the 1000% overpriced ((shavers))

These.

Use a safety razor, save a ton of money. Also when you use those multi bladed money pits that lift and cut the hair is what causes ingrown hairs. I spent 20 bucks on safety blades 10 years ago and i still have 3/4 of them left (derby brand)

>if you prep properly

Water and Gillette fusion all I use. Shaving cream is for pussies.

3 passes, with the grain, across the grain, then against the grain, always reapplying your soap between passes.

My razor came with a pack of Derby blades and they're a bit dull desu.
I bought Astra after which were better, and now I'm using Feather Platinum which are the best. They're incredibly sharp though so it's easy to nick yourself if you're careless.

THIS.

if you don't want ingrown hair when you grow up, or as you grow up, or you might already have them, switch to a man's razer.

learn not to push, let it slide, sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on your face. safety razors are sharp af.

do 1 pass on shaving cream, NEVER EVER do a pass on un-creamed face.
1 pass - soak it in water - re-apply cream/foam , repeat.
silky smooth. no pressure. NEVER apply force.

I'm wet shaving for 12 years, my facial skin is fucking marvelous.
If you wet shave correctly, you also exfoliate.

oh and NEVER EVER shave against the growth direction.
If you can't get it off now, it will eventually get off as you keep doing it through the weeks, or months.
shaving against the direction of how your hair grows is going to give you a BAD TIME.

I tried feather and they were way too sharp for me.

That's bs. wet shaving gently without applying force gets rid of it.

doctors are not shaving experts. they just see how 99% of all men shave wrong because of these fucking TV commercials.

I don't shave my face, I do the trimmer as well. no horrible breakouts, just keep a shadow, the only thing I shave is my dick, yes I grow hair all the way up the shaft. for my balls I pluck, and just keep the forest trimmed. I'm balding though, going to have to start shaving my head soon, Is rather get a close shave for that then rock the convict look of trimmer head.