That guy who doesnt squat or deadlift

>that guy who doesnt squat or deadlift
explain yourself

But I do.

It's fun. What the fuck else am I going to do for legs? Leg Press? Sure, but I can only stand doing a Leg Press once a week, I like variety in my lifts.

how can you tell he doesn't squat when you cant even see his quads?
his calves are kind of small in comparison to the rest of his body but squats don't grow calves.

At What age is Veeky Forums's consensus on when deads & squats are not safe anymore?

There fine for adults of any age as long as you are healthy and work within your limits.

I'm 6'7 and hurt my back cleaning in high school. Also I've always hated them.

why is it that people think that if they get hurt doing a lift they can NEVER do that move ever again? What about surgery? What about physical therapy? If you didn't actually injure yourself doing something you just got hurt, then you'll eventually recover and the pain will likely work itself out (unless you are actually injured. Pain and injury are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS)
Unless you fucked up your back for life, hurting yourself in high school is NOT an excuse. Hell, not liking them is a better reason

muh discs

muh knees

Doesn't Scooby think squats are bad for knees?

Because if I fucked myself up doing it with experienced spotters and a coach why the fuck would I bother trying again in a gym filled with mouthbreathers, especially if I hate doing it in the first place?

Why are old people more susceptible to injuries from squatting and deadlifting? Because they're frail. How do you get them less frail? Get them stronger by squatting and deadlifting. There is no "cuttoff" age because there's a weight anyone can use. Youre a weak pussy

>squat twice a week
>front squat once a week
>deadlift once a week

My legs are becoming two massive tree trunks, and I feel super fucking strong.

like I said, hating them is a better reason then "im a pussy who's scared to do them because I'm scared of getting my wee little body hurt"

Daily reminder that if you squat and deadlift heavy on a regular basis you WILL eventually visit snap city.

Still gets pussy

What does "heavy" mean? One rep maxes, a certain specific weight? A certain percentage of your one rap max?

You have no idea.

Hating them is really the only reason these people don't do it. You never see a guy going "aw shucks I love the feeling of squatting but it's bad for my knees so I avoid it". It's always pussies that would rather just do cable curls and dumbbell overhead press because they feel good, and squats are just too stressful and uncomfortable for them.

If you have to ask then you probably don't have to worry about it.

Because they are both poor exercises if your goal is aesthetics

girls don t give two flying fucks about legs

i'm curious, why should people do something they don't enjoy when lifting is a hobby? is it for validation on the internet from a bunch of larpers?

i hope you deadlift at least 500lbs if you are going to call people pussies for their exercise selection, otherwise just lol your opinion is totally irrelevant

Burned my hand on the stove. Never cooked again.

Never. My 55 yr old dad still murders leg day and reports no back and spinal issues.

xoxo

>you're a pussy if you don't enjoy this specific aspect of a hobby

>thinking that lifting for help you get girls
lmaooooo

No one is going to break their back exercising so the ego of some loser faggot online who's on a bullet train to snap city can feel better about wasting their life.

You're a faggot and squatting doesn't make you tough.

He is an advocate of the high rep low weight skateboard squat

cycling is all i need for legs

Squatting makes me tough pussy. I'll snap your fucking neck with my thighs after you get done blowing me against your will.

>squatting makes me tough

my fucking sides

you'd get humiliated by a 150lb high school wrestler

Missed my point. If you don't want to squat or deadlift, don't squat nor deadlift. Just don't make up bullshit excuses because that's what pussies do. Just say you don't want to do it because it doesn't feel good to you, same way doing exercise feels bad to people who are not physically fit.

Also my deadlift is 440

no, what you specifically said was
> It's always pussies that would rather just do cable curls and dumbbell overhead press because they feel good, and squats are just too stressful and uncomfortable for them.

so please explain why someone is a pussy for not doing something they dislike as part of a hobby activity?

I deadlift 575 @ 187 btw, and was deadlifting more than you do at 17 years old

Deadlifts don't feel good the way that isolation does because it forces you to employ a set of physical skills that most people lack. Most people have shitty posture that hinders their ability to transfer force, they don't have coordination, they have weak stabilizers that make the feeling of a deep squat extremely uncomfortable. Over time, squatting and deadlifting irons out those weaknesses and they stop being as uncomfortable. If you deadlift 575 then surely you've gone through that process and know what it's like.

Avoiding squats and deadlifts because they're uncomfortable is like avoiding cardio because it tires you, or avoiding working out altogether because the typical physically unfit person feels like shit on their first few workouts. If you don't work on your weaknesses, and you make excuses for it instead of just accepting it's too tough for where you're at right then, you're a pussy. I respect plenty of people who don't lift weights, but I cringe at the people who say they don't because of stupid excuses.

And don't worry, thankfully I'm still deadlifting and I'll continue to improve my deadlift and squat.

I don't deadlift. Fuck it, my back looks great without it, heavy barbell roes, cable rows and weighted pull ups are good enough for me

Wont help me achieve my goals
Im not going to put my spine at risk to please the egos of anonymous posters of this board

If you herniate a disc and go back to squats and deadlifts you're straight up retarded. I personally know someone who herniated a disc and even after having your spine patched up by metal its much more vulnerable.

okay brah

can post three of these for this week if you want

>stay mad curl bro4life

>roes
brainlet and a backlet?

Actually please do not that user but I'm curious. Time stamp them in the text box if you're for real.

I have a reoccurring hernia injury so I try and stay away from very heavy explosive movements like squats and deadlifts.

I like deadlifts very much but I have problems with squatting. I don't think it's because of weak stabilisers. I'm a former martial artists and I can still kick above my head. The problem is that I have abysmally low degree of dorsiflexion because of feet surgeries I once had. As a result I lean forward and my form is bad. Anything I can do? I'm already stretching beforehand but I doubt it will take me too far as I probably just have a bone lock.

A herniated disc is a serious injury and I agree you shouldn't go back to squatting. THAT'S NOT WHAT I DUCKING SAID THOUGH, I SAID GETTING "HURT" AND GETTING INJURED ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS AND PEOPLE THINK SQUATTING IS BAD BECAUSE THEY HOT "HURT" DOING IT ONCE IS BULLSHIT

this one is easy enough

I can kick over my head as well but I still have some tightness of the psoas muscle so usually I rely on my hamstrings to produce force when I'm kicking. Don't rule out tightness of the psoas, either. Have you tried using a heel? Standing over plates or using weightlifting shoes? Low range of movement on your ankles is a common squat bottleneck, but I've never had to deal with one that was restricted by surgical intervention so I'm unsure as to how much a heel and stretching will be able to help.

this is from the weekend

you getting pussy my ninja?

He probably thinks he is

Pretty jealous

-buys land whale off pof concert tickets

-probally abused goods with 2 kids or shit personality

-brags about it to /fit

Teach me your tickets buying, land whale smashing ways

Everybody visits snap city at least once.
You'd have to do something really retarded to injure yourself bad enough to stay there

>being this much of a pussywhipped beta

>stay mad

this
i squat and all that but with knee length or more shorts on i dont look like i train legs

Post legs with timestamp

see
No one is mad that you're on POF trolling for pussy. If my bar for "guy I admire and am jealous of" was that low I would fucking kill myself

bad for my spine.

>I have abysmally low degree of dorsiflexion
Are you using oly shoes?

Even under supervision by a weightlifting coach I had issues with deadlifts hurting my back. Each time Id get to about 480lbs, I started getting injuries. Same with back squats. If Dr. McGill is to be believed, tall guys like me often don't have great hip sockets for deadlift and back squat.

Now my main lifts are front squat, snatch grip deadlift/rackpull from 6" blocks, heavy prowler intervals, and heavy farmer's walks.

I just know so many people that "just need a few weeks not doing DL/backsquat to recover" after injuries. These people get stuck at a weight and basically never progress. I think this is a problem with the lifts not fitting many lifters. I think lifts that put physical limits on how much force your lumbar spine is exposed to are better for longterm progress. If the weight is too heavy in front squat, I dump it on the safety rails...can't squatmorning it up. If a block SGDL is too heavy, I can't even put my weight on my heels to setup for the lift, period.