Workplace is promoting a 5k for charity (5km or 3.1 miles)

>workplace is promoting a 5k for charity (5km or 3.1 miles)
>qt coworker i like is going, I'm considering going myself
>last time i did a 5k was doing couch to 5k, two years ago
>stopped running after the last run of couch to 5k
>remember that it took me 40 minutes to run a 5k
is 3 weeks enough time to train to run a sub-25 minute 5k?

will running in the 5k even improve my chances of getting a gf? the qt coworker will see me as unathletic and pathetic when I'm panting and sweating at the finish line

what do?

Yes 3 weeks is enough cardio is gained and lost very quickly
Sounds lame though, this sounds like a sitcom sketch, just ask her for coffee

Have you even spoken to this girl before?

Lmaoo no 3 weeks is definitely not enough time to get a sub 25 if you haven't run in 2 years. You could run 3 times a week for a couple months and do that easily tho. 25 is pretty slow

>40min to 25min in 3 weeks

Lace up those shoes and get running user, if you want it bad enough maybe you will be able to do it

i think she'll say no

yes, we're working together on the same project at work

we sit in the same room for hours. but i dont know what to say

we sometimes actually go for coffee at the workplace kitchen, and sometimes we don't even talk on the way there or back

I'm autistic and socially retarded if that wasn't obvious

no

sounds like you already lost this one friendo

I ran a sub 25 minute 5k with barely any training. It was race conditions (always makes you faster) and I was desperate to keep pace with my friend. Also I'm a lanklet.

Why have you set yourself the goal of 25 minutes? Is that what she's aiming for?

>ask about their weekend
>gossip about coworkers she dislikes
>ask about recent vacations, or ones she's planning

Small talk is easy bruh. Just ask people about their boring life and actually listen while they ramble at you. Remember what they say and ask about it in future.

Sounds like she's just as autismo as you if you both walk in silence. She'll probably be glad if you take the lead in conversation, even if you're terrible at it.

A 5K is a joke. Man up and do a marathon or an Iron Man. A 5K is for kids. That's why they are called fun runs. It's not even a warm up for any runner. Do a 360 and walk away.

go support her and make an ironic t-shirt that incorporates her name, bring a foldout chair and be drinking a silly ass alcholic drink, ask her out afterwards with something like "you can get a salad, im gonna keep drinking"

Sub 25 minutes is pretty difficult desu. I've been running for a few months and might barely make that time. My usual pace is about 9 min/mile.

Not enough time. Don't injure yourself trying.

Yeah, for real. You probably couldn't pull off that time in that amount of time and if you really try, you might injure yourself for many months. Just start a slow build up now for the next time.

>40 minutes for a 5 k
>almost a 13 minute mile
How fucking fat are you

Assuming you're not american it should take you about two workouts to do a sub-30 minutes 5k

My advice: dont shit where you eat.

if you are in good shape, meaning thin or lean, sure. if you are only just a bit overweight then it gets significantly difficult. if you are fat don't even try, just lose weight.

thanks

don't think she's autismo though, she has lots of friends

h-how can i recover?

bump

by being yourself

I run 5km once in my life without preperation in 23:51, but no preperation is a lie, I play soccer from time to time. It's easy, you just have to learn you paste to make the most of it and not stop on the way. About the qty, running wont win her heart, you have to just start talkoing to her...

THIS

OP you should never try to date or go balls deep in a co-worker

I agree about date.

Going balls deep is no problem if you both know what the deal is

>you have to just start talkoing to her...
what if she already thinks of me as an autistic loser?

i know many coworkers who are engaged
>14 per cent of couples who met through work ended up married

Hooked up with a coworker several times, it never ends well.

is this autism?

>will running in the 5k even improve my chances of getting a gf? the qt coworker will see me as unathletic and pathetic when I'm panting and sweating at the finish line
the key is that the 5k itself isn't the tool to impress her, the 5k gives you a platform to get to know her and make you seem like a good partner

EPO
P
O

You either end up in the 14% that ends up married or in the 86% that breaks up and has to quit and look for another job because being in the same workplace with an ex is literal hell.
Prepared to risk it? Then go ahead.

Oh, shit. A few months?!?! Damn, you is a pro.

how do i get to know her though doing one of these runs? will it override how she currently feels towards me (she probably thinks I'm a loser that she wouldn't want to be around tbqh)

is a 30-40 minute 5k possible in 3 weeks?

>someone writes his opinion that is relevant to the thread
>I know! I better start shitposting 13 hours later!

>or in the 86% that breaks up and has to quit and look for another job because being in the same workplace with an ex is literal hell.
This.

OP you said you are autistic and this chick isn't. It will never work out. You said you work daily with her, that will be so awkward if you spill your spaghetti on her that you'll want to quit or be fired for sexual harassment most likely.

If you aren't getting any vibes that she likes you then keep moving and don't ruin your work relationships trying to get a date. That is what bars are for.

>i think she'll say no

Well, she won't say yes to you just because you ran 5k, you dum beta fuck.

>don't ruin your work relationships trying to get a date. That is what bars are for.
i dont think i can pick up girls at bars though

>tfw no friends
>actually went to a bar alone once, didn't talk to anyone, everyone was already in groups talking

what can i do to get vibes from her?

You're already getting vibes from her. If she actually liked you she would have talked to you.

what can i do to get positive vibes and her to talk to me

Kill yourself and be reborn as someone without terminal autism.

dudes.... Waiting for a girl to talk to YOU ??!
Not YOU as in "you guys sucks" but any girl who's above 7/10 will not make the first move on a guy, even if they like him...

Bingo.

If a chick likes you she will make it pretty obvious that even an autist can pick it up.

If she's not into you now, walking 3 miles isn't gonna suddenly soak her panties. Physical attraction is determined within the first 3 seconds of meeting someone. And you said you have walked and drank coffee together and complete silence....so obviously your personality isn't winning her over.

Cut your loses and forget about dating/fucking her. Strictly a coworker.

>40 minutes to run a 5k
holy shit hahahhahha wtf is this real
fucker you can walk 5k in 40 minutes

>t. uggo

I've been hit on by lots of girls.

First of all, girls will sometimes initiate if they like you enough. Second, I didn't mean she would hit on OP, I meant she would give him hints that she was interested it in him. If she is not giving him any attention then she is NOT interested. That's women 101.

you'd be surprised how much slower walking is compared to running.

I used to run 2 miles in the Army in ~14 something. I'm nowhere near the shape I was back then but just recently I decided to powerwalk a 0.5mile lap at the park for time and it took me like 12 minutes. I was fucking shocked I assumed a 7minute mile run would translate to a 11mintue walk...nope

>I've been hit on by lots of girls
probably all sub 6/10s, hot chicks never make the first move cuz they dont have to

>probably all sub 6/10s

Here's an ex. She initiated. Now shoo, uggo.

It is autismo maximo

>is 3 weeks enough time to train to run a sub-25 minute 5k?
It is. If you're in decent shape then it's very doable.

ok how long for the sub 20
and what routine?

I'm in a similar situation. I'm pretty sure a co-wprker is interested in me, even if its just a little and shes invit d me to go to the gym with her ad her friend after work sometime. Problem is I've never been and I don't want to make an ass pit of myself. They usually just go and do some squats for an hour should I just do that?

>doesn't show face
body is only half the battle user

how?

Her face is as good if not better than her body, actually. She has a very youthful and cute face and a great smile. I ain't gonna post it here though. I don't want this shit biting me in the ass.

Dude I just ran 5k in 29 minutes last time without no previous experience whatsoever. You can do it. Just use your will power.

be yourself, don't run a 5k if you don't want to

you're doing the right thing user, always be careful with this kind of stuff.

sounds like pussy talk to me

bump

So you "ran" a 40 minute 5k 2 years ago and stopped. Now you want to be able to run a sub 25 minute 5k in three weeks. Do you really need that question answered? Just train your ass off and run the damn thing because she probably already thinks you're pathetic and unathletic anyway so there's nowhere to go but up.

You'll end up embarrassing yourself. Her time will likely be better than yours and she’ll see you a cuck after that point. Women, no matter how degenerate they are, don’t want a man they perceive as weaker then they.

3 weeks is enough time if you're not a fat ass

just watch your diet and train regularly

i went from 40 min finish for 3.2 miles to 24 mins finish by just running every morning and evening and then rested 2 days before the 5k for a rested start

>Just ask people about their boring life

what if they don't have a boring life? what if you are the boring one? what then?

yeah but what was her personality like user?

It's doable with dedication but if your autismo you'll probably stay friend zoned best situation would be you've earned yourself a workout buddy and can try from there but for job sake I wouldn't go for a relationship

If you're serious serious run/walk double of what the race is gonna be then do HIIT with either body weight or dumbells do a bodybuilder routine 5x a week with an hr of yoga or more if you can tolerate it

Get good shoes try not to run on concrete you'll do fine promise make sure to take 2 rest days of no running before the race

Also caffeine/bronkaide (ephedrine 14$) from cvs or Walgreens if your serious this is a sure way to do it

I'm worried about this

this too

Girls love talking about themselves. Just ask her stuff and actually listen so you can use the info you learn later. Should be good.

Fit girl, very into fitness and health, kinda bubbly and very pleasant, but also very sexual, almost insatiable. Also, very insecure.

Yeah, I mean imagine being caught posting your ex on the chon. I'd have to move to another fucking town.

Dude whatever you do, do not do this. "Who is that guy with your face on your shirt? Oh no he's coming up to us." "Hey, s-s-sarah you did great can't believe you ran a whole 3 miles." "user, are you drunk?" "haha yeah lets go to chilis, I gotta keep drinking" "user please leave me alone I think you have a problem."

i do ask her stuff sometimes, but mostly i dont say anything

Literally this, DONT do this

Is couch to 5k the best noob programme?

I lift weights but am overweight. Is running mental to a huge degree? Is my shitness at running mainly due to my pussy mentality?

Since this the resident relationship thread

>been with fiancée for awhile
>life dream apparently is to see gay band Hanson live since she was a little girl
>gets tickets since theyre in town in a few weeks and is making me go
>she starts rambling over lunch about how she wished they wouldve toured when she was 18 because then she couldve been in the crowd at their concert and maybe he would've gone for her since that's how he met her wife or at least hooked up with him
>stare at her while she's telling me all this in disbelief
>finish food and drive her home
>she finally senses I'm upset and tries to ask who my celebrity crushes growing up blah blah
>ignore her and drive up to her place
>tell her go to the concert on her own
>she asks me if I'm being serious. I drive off.
Did I fuck up? Am I making too big a deal?

If you're really overweight and haven't been very active then you shouldn't start with running. It's fairly dangerous.

Start with hours of walking.

DOES she wish? Or DID she wish? Two different things, I wished for a lot of things many years ago

Ah, the Always Sunny approach to picking up grills

Stop being a autist over some unrealistic fantasy she had ages ago. You should've cracked a joke and just moved on instead of being a bitch about it.

As a female, i can safely say that I'm fine being the stronger of the relationship. And the bread winner. The guy of course needs to be reliable in other ways and loyal. That is all.

>never been to gym
>/r9k/ posts on fit

Yeah this checks out

she literally tells him that she wish she would have met and either fucked or better yet married that dude.
enjoy cuck life

then you are probably too autistic to read social situations

bump

Nigger/10
Disgusting

Don't try to date anyone you're working with

> (OP)
>Sub 25 minutes is pretty difficult desu. I've been running for a few months and might barely make that time. My usual pace is about 9 min/mile.

25min 5k is slow as fuck, it's 3 miles, you can do that at a fast pace with relatively little pain

damn you are being way too sensitive man
consider yourself extremely lucky to have that as a problem in your relationship

Exactly wouldn't take me much longer to walk it

I do 5 sessions a week, Tuesday tempo or hill work, weds track speed work, Thursday 7 to 19 mile tempo, Saturday parkrun and Sunday long 15 mile plus easy recovery run. I run 5k in 15.56

t. cuck

If you're at all fit, you should be able to train up for a relatively quick 5k in short order. I only do the rowing machine for cardio, and I can still outpace most people on any sort of run.

I lost a bet where these guys ran a 15k with no prep.
They do fobby sportsball though.

running is gay so no

your ex looks like shit unironically

Virgin detected

Looks like an average 4/10

Wtf mate, there's sure people you wished you would've fucked, or tried to, when your 18. It doesn't mean anything to the present.

Id have enough respect for my future spouse not to throw it in their face.

negroid women are known to be much more sexually aggressive than other color women. And they are desperate to get a non-nigger baby daddy so they gotta be more aggressive to try and get a white guy