What are your thoughts on this lads?

What are your thoughts on this lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qHlLRge45sg
youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's 100% true.

imagine having this gym all to yourself

Its fucking retarded to think like that. Most of the people who have depression are accompanied with other mental issues, like SAD. It might get better when you see progress and shit but that wont change anything if we assume that your chemistry is fucked up.

it only helps and little and IMO diet is more important

you only go to the gym if you feel motivated in the first place

I take zolof so I don't cum in 2 minutes

Pretty accurate
I want to kill myself everyday so I lift.
Please send help.

It definitely helped me the first few months. Now after more than a year it's still a nice distraction to keep my mind off shitty thoughts but most of the days when I get home I go back to feeling like crap. I guess it's like most new and exciting things, it'll eventually just turn meh.

Partially correct.
Probably many "depressed" people would benefit from physical activity.
Still, some people have other issues / imbalances and it just won't help. They require medication because they have organic issues. Take Laci Green as an example, of all people.
Apparently she had some protein missing in her brain because she couldn't synthesize it.
One small pill to supplement what was missing and bam, she's happy

If you have severe clinically diagnosed mental illness, exercise won't cure it, but it can do wonders in supplementing whatever other treatment you have.

Exercise, particularly cardio, has been shown to improve mood and mental acuity when done regularly.

I'm bi polar, lifting will never help with that.

Exersize will help with a lot of people's depression. Be it running, swimming, lifting or sports. This is a scientific fact. Obviously it won't completely cure the underlying issues but I can help aleviate the symptoms in a lot of patients.

learning to fight through physical suffering to accomplish a goal is about 80% of what these depressed retards need.

source: I was one of them.

A dream come true

Came here to post this

Yeah, for the first 6 months it's pretty good for that, but after that it just becomes a part of your routine and the dull greyness of depression starts to creep its way in again.

bullshit. It gives me something to focus on, but it doesn't make me forget that i'm having depressing thoughts.
Every week before I started work I would exercise but I felt like shit because i hated my job and it made me feel dead inside.

bullshit toxic masculinity

it's basically telling men to "man the fuck up" and cure their depression

It's the only cure to depression.

helps with depression
hasnt cured my depression
do i have low t? or is it the depression? i find living so exhausting, i find self-improvement so exhausting, i find it all so exhausting
but i do it anyway because somehow i see a dimly but brighter future ahead of me if i continue on

If i go 2-3 days without the gym my friends and family can tell, need that shit

Went through some mental shit freshman year, I went to the gym every day and it was the only time I ever felt truly happy if ever. Was living like that for a couple years until I was able to sort my shit out and get treatment for something which turned me back human from being an uncaring robot.

Yes depression is a serious issue, but nowadays with psychology they'll medicate you for depression if you feel sad sometimes and lack coping mechanisms which is exceedingly common in my generation ("90's kids"). 3/4's of people with depression have it because it's normal to be depressed in you're in a shitty living situation or are millennial who play video games 12 hours a day and have no social functioning and get sad and lonely. Modern day psychology and eli-lilly would love to push as much anti-depressants down these people's throats instead of changing their thought process so they can learn to cope and get better if possible by themselves.

>Toxic masculinity
Stay on reddit

(You)

100% accurate

Maybe you should actually try fixing your depression by sorting yourself out, before you blame society and "toxic masculinity" for your problems. You are supporting people to sit on their ass, take some pills and continue being a neet playing vidya all day and their depression will go way.

Still feel depressed after

>replying (you) because they made good points and you got nothing

completely true

look into lithium orotate.
it's like lithium carbonate, without all the negatives.
it's even available over the counter.

get your blood checked.
vitamins, minerals, hormones.

Safe to say working out is one of the few things you can guarantee that won't make your depression worse. So nothing to lose and everything to gain

Its a pharmaceutical Jew meme to induce suicidal thoughts so that you keep going to your pharmaceutical salesman --er I mean doctor so that you give him commission.

youtu.be/qHlLRge45sg

unfortunately that's definitely not true.
i know from personal experience.

training is still great and you should definitely do it.
but it can make depression worse if you do it wrong.

you guys retarded or something? He's just telling yall that post was bait

it cures depression, makes you almost twice as smart, enables you to get any girl that you want and sets you up with an instant 6 figure job.

In the same boat brotha. It pains me to see how much some people wallow in their suffering and want an easy out without putting in any effort

it amazes me just how many people expect a panacea to magically appear in front of them but are not willing to put in any effort into finding working solutions themselves. after all, who can possibly know your inner world better than yourself?

True depression is incurable

Meme big pharma bullshit

Keeps it away for the time you go in and maybe an hour or two after but the only cure for depression is necking your self

> be me
> go to uni gym
> cute as fuck weight room employee there all the time
> barbie doll physique, does actual respectable routine with lots of squats
> greatest ass i have ever seen irl
> saw her once all summer, she was never there
> today is the first day of classes
> all her ass is gone because she never squatted once this summer
> mfw

Tell me the gym doesn't cause depression you faggot

>you only go to the gym if you feel motivated in the first place
Not true, at the lowest of my depression/anxiety I forced myself to go to the gym only because I knew I should, and I watched AGDQ videos on my phone in between sets. When I'd get home I'd cry from the pressure of being around people and the stress on my body and mind from the workout.

You don't need to be motivated on any level, if you know it's what you *should* do that might be enough on its own... And it really did help.

Fucking true.

I don't have clinical depression or anything but if I'm in a bad way nothing really helps take me out of it like hitting the gym or exercise in general.

Most depressed people I know are sad, indeed.

The dopamine rush of setting new PRs is awesome but for me cardio is much better for managing mental health

I'd cum, I have only the tiniest room and can barely fit. I do all my lifts there, squats, deadlift, everything. It sucks but that's what you get with antisocial autism

Andrew Tate l know you're here stop shitposting and show yourself

No, this isn't true. I reached 2/3/4/5 had to go on some anti-depressants, St. John's Wort, and therapy because my girlfriend refused to talk to me about anything going wrong in my life. I suddenly became unemployed for 4 months and was thinking about ending it every fucking day. I would express my concerns, my problems, and she would just stare at Facebook and say, "I don't think I can be with someone so negative." So that's why I hopped on the anti-depressants and therapy. She eventually broke up with me. I lost it lads. For three months I was heart-broken, thinking of killing myself, finding any reason I could to talk to her (she simply ignored every text, call, visit), and cried as a grown man multiple times. I don't give a fuck lads. I feel emasculated. Once I didn't have money coming in all of a sudden, and genuinely needed love and help, she broke up with me... wtf is wrong with women? When she told me she wanted to, "Hide in a closet, shut myself away, and kill myself," I stopped everything in my life to help, talk, care, check up on her. But when the going gets tough for me? She fucks me over and refuses to talk to me. Regardless, I'm gainfully employed now with a job that lets me travel the world, I have over 100k in crypto, and I got offered to be an adjunct at my alum university. So things have really turned around for me. I'm not tfw no gf. I've never known such pain lads. To give yourself so much to someone only to have them ghost you and cut you off completely. I've fucked other girls because I have a nice body, money, etc... but I can't stop thinking about HER. I feel like a cuck, but fuck whatever, lads. I'm drunk as fuck. I hate this life, this world, everybody in it, and what she did to me. Knowing this place, you'll all call me a pathetic cuck despite you not being able to lift lmao1pl8. I'm human too, you know. We all are. What just really fucked me up was the ABRUPT stop of communication. One day, she's there, the next day nothing.

Welcome to modern women! Please enjoy your stay because you're stuck here forever

>Welcome to modern women! Please enjoy your stay because you're stuck here forever
Ain't that the fucking truth. I feel like a dinosaur here too. I'm 25. I don't know the demographic of Veeky Forums now, but I can only imagine the truly autistic stayed (like myself) and the new wave of autists have come round to browse the boards.

It's sad user. Why give years of your life to someone only to have them dump you on the spot without explanation?

quit being a fucking pussy, jesus christ

start helping out in your community and try not to think about your little problems all the time

find a larger purpose

I've tried user. Reading the Bible, going back to Church, fucking other girls, dedicating my life to my career, etc. The pain is slowly subsiding every day. Like I said, it's been about three months now since she ghosted, but there have been days where she hasn't crossed my mind. It just sucks because I went to our old university to talk about the adjunct position today actually. We made out in the finance room, the economics room, held hands throughout the halls, hung out at the vending machines, rode together to uni, etc. To have all that tainted and taken away,,, it hurts lad. I honestly thought I'd marry her.

>start helping out in your community
I told the chair of the econ department I'd do anything I could to get new grads hired at my location if possible, give lectures on how to succeed at business (ironic, right?), and how to create a resume, etc. Funny that one of the best students with a 4.0, published research papers, a master's degree, etc. is such a fucking autistic Veeky Forums shitposting drunkard.

I'm trying to cleanup man. Despite me wanting a larger purpose, it seems hard for me to find one. Even with all the time in Church and theology I've been putting in, I really am getting no fulfillment. Even reading Nietzsche and Veeky Forums makes me realize that I'm a brainlet faggot.

I'm going through the same thing right now. 8 years together and she randomly ends it. It hurts so bad and I want it to stop. I have so much anxiety now it's eating me up. I keep distracting myself with lifting, work, working on my clothes etc. but it doesn't help. Just having someone abruptly cut them selves out of your life fucking sucks. I don't know how to date or talk to girls. I guess I'll work on that and maybe one will come around if I try enough.

People just don't seem to understand the simple fact that you don't 'cure' depression. You just get real fuckin good at ignoring it and getting on with your day - and by the end of it you look back at what you have accomplished and feel good.
THAT is why gym is good for combatting the bad feels

Every psychiatrist recommends you do all of these...

1. eat right
2. exercise
3. sleep only 8 hours
4. spend time with people
5. drugs

Who knew mental health and physical health are correlated.

>inb4 HURRDURR they must be completely independent variables because the spirit is separate from the body.

>inb4 medieval understanding of the self

Very accurate

Beat me to the punch.

I feel like lifting is a key ingredient to sorting yourself out.

Idk man, it's never happened to me, so I can't give you much advice. My mom and dad have been through it all and stayed together.
Married somewhat well off, and worked on a farm they were told they'd inherit one day. Pumped all their money into it, only for my grandad to sell it off on short notice. Poor as shit they'd sell shit on the street at times just to get by, but eventually it got better. Upper middle class now, but they would encourage each other through it all.

They're both South African, and I swear to God the marry a third world white woman meme is real, because where I live now the wives all fuck off the minute shit gets bad. This almost never happened back in SA.

don't take st. john's wort with other antidepressants

i fucked her in the butt the day you broke up.

Fixes mine for about an hour, then it comes back. Broke my natty card a couple weeks ago and I'm starting to feel better than usual though.

Well, I don't know if you've tried therapy, but I feel like it helped me. I mean, we all know what it is. You're paying someone to listen to you, tell you what you already know, etc. However I retain that there is something cathartic about therapy. I took advantage of my Church's therapy counseling so I wouldn't have to inform my health insurance, job, etc. It's all real under wraps and you pay as you go. Give it a try. Plus it feels nice to form a real bond with someone in your immediate community, especially in your church. Of course they are obligated to keep all information confidential. I am lucky to be seeing a PhD psychologist who's worked in hospitals, etc. Actually he has kind of inspired me to perhaps finish up my own PhD in behavioral economics or organizational strictures.

Perhaps, but dude, honestly it's that or alcohol. I can't take any drugs because of random drug tests at my job. Sometimes it's months, other times it has been twice a week. It's fucked.

>My mom and dad have been through it all and stayed together.
This is what I hope for one day. I would have never booked it on my ex gf, but she did me which makes me really jaded about the future. To hold someone is such high regard, let them live with you, let them meet parents, and you meet theirs, etc. Fuck... It hurts even thinking back.

Maybe I'll take your third world white woman advice one day kek. I've already been to India and Saudi Arabia (both of which have women I've never marry). Maybe I'll get the chance to go to Africa one day and find some disenfranchised white waifu. Who knows. God speed user.

It is, until I fail a rep.

I get incredibly down on myself for some reason after it happens. Usually bothers me the rest of the week.

same breh. Also
>tfw post workout high has worn off

Im not depressed but for the past 2 years I haven't been able to stick to lifting for longer than a month without having a week or 2 off and drinking and eating shit.
Since I moved out with my gf actually. They really are gains goblins. I want to go back to when I loved lifting and felt really good about myself, but have become a bit lazy.

Accurate. It's the rock that's helping me through chemotherapy. If I didn't lift several times a week I would go to a very very dark place. I do vomit quite often though

had a a rest day yesterday and now feel like killing myself

from now on I'm just going to lift one day do cardio the next. fuck "overtraining"

It's true but I get depressed again shortly after working out

Describe your usual activities after leaving the gym

IF you are Veeky Forums, eat good food and have good social and economical systems but are still depressed then ADs are worth buying

If you aren't, then yeah the gym is where you need to be

I'm fairly sure I have legit autism spectrum disorder and will most likely never have any genuine connections with other people so might as well jsut kill myself now

Aahahaha, I can't... I'm in tears laughing... Just been binging on Jordan's vids

>depressing thoughts.
that isn't depression
Depression is a medical condition causing and caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain

Going home, making dinner, playing some vidya/Veeky Forums, homework, and then sleep.

Join part time military, you get friendly really fast with people there.

Empirically true.

Squatting to failure while grunting like a retard hits hard. Keep at it man

feeling pretty depressed right now and i go 6 days a week

Neither do i, so i've just begun to use people for what i want
It doesn't solve but at least it dulls the loneliness at bit

gym fixes weak depression, and tempers strong depression into very powerful nihilism. Many cannot handle this power, lift selves to death

There have to be a few qts there to stimulate the test
Friday/Saturday nights in the almost-empty gym are the worst. I'd rather it be full of normies and their curl-bars.

youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g&t

depression doesn't just take away your happiness, it takes away your drive
depressed people don't want to do things

it kinda works but not really

I usually feel better leaving the gym than I do when I'm going in. But that feeling doesn't last a long time.

It also doesn't happen every time, sometimes I feel like shit before, during and after the workout.

The hard part is fighting the depression enough to actually go and workout at all.

Dude I've been there I know. But honestly just forcing yourself out of it is the best thing I ever did. It's hard as fuck, took me a year to get properly into fitness, but it really worked.
Everybody wants to not be depressed, but nobody wants to admit that takes a hardline approach to one's own frame of mind

This is what a totally ignorant, highly uneducated and downright stupid retard looks like everybody.

i feel you mane

like you'd still get your program done 100% alone but having other humans there gets that primal shit flowing

this is good advice

haha welcome to the lonely hearts club mate.
I was with girl for 4 years, built a life around her then it all comes tumbling down. In my case I only loved her for like 2 maybe 3 of the 4 years. I didn't like what she had become. When I feel sad about the love lost I think back to the woman I loved and the good times, not the woman that I had lost love for and the bad times we shared.
I do hope that one day I get to fuck her when shes a milf but thats only cos she had a total milf body. The hardest thing for me was accepting the loss of conservative values that I held while being in a steady relationship leading towards marriage/family. After becoming single I walked the degenerate nihilist path and while it is empty, it is also pleasurable.
Even though the pain is probably the worst thing in the world at least your not a khv, the men who have unwanted celibacy truly must have a pain to burden. Also you will never forget her, the only thing that will take those memories is the embrace of the crypt. At least you can now be an archetypal hero with your backstory because of the things you have learned about life/love good luck.

Is it still daytime or has the sun set? Just do something new or different once or twice a week. Go to a nice spot on campus and enjoy being outside. Go to a diner or pub for dinner. Just switch it up a bit.

that's a good point. it's something you learn to live with but you learn to control it by not letting it control you.

When I'm lifting I'm not thinking about killing myself so I guess it works

>forcing myself out
>took me a year

Great that you're feeling better, but know that there are much more acute cases of clinical depression.

Physical exercise is great for everyone and especially for people with certain health issues, but the "just force yourself out of it" advice is tired and dangerous.

Assuming it's coming from a place of wanting to help and not wanting to brag or belittle, good on you for speaking up, though.

When Im depressed I just do some fun drugs and play starcraft brood war.
Game so intense u cant feel depressed. Fucking 250 apm terran is your cure bro. And some ritalin. Yolo.

Exercise is without a doubt an extremely effective way to improve your mood.

St. John's Wort is a natural SSRI antidepressant that has been proven to be as effective as prozac.

Eating 8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day has been proven to improve happiness more than getting a promotion at work.

Combine all three and you can cure even true clinical depression.

No, because your thyroid might still be fucked, or your testosterone might still be too low, etc.
Just treating the symptoms with SRIs usually doesn't truly cure depression.

Being depressed and having a major depressive episode are two very different things. If you're just generally depressed then hit the gym and eat well, but to suggest that lifestyle choices trump medication for those that are seriously depressed is dumb.

I used to have bouts of 'depression' on and off, but after I had a 3 day major depressive episode that's when I really understood what it's all about and how terrible it must be to suffer from that. Could barely bring myself to walk for days, couldn't eat, had no energy to do anything but I couldn't sleep, being in sunlight hurt, basically just wanted to be unconscious because being awake was just so uncomfortable.