Holy shit guys BJJ is seriously the shit I fucking love it so much and I just want to share my experience with some...

Holy shit guys BJJ is seriously the shit I fucking love it so much and I just want to share my experience with some shitty greentext and some extra text.

>training like normal
>new guy around 30 year old walk in with a lent GI
>He is a bit clueless but for sure better then the avreage complete beginner
>me being a weak small manlet at 64kg
>best lift is 1rep 90kg deadlift
>sweeps him multiple times and got a few chokes
>he compliments my strength
>i'm confused and explain that I probably just had better technique in a non rude way
>didn't think about it untill class is over
>he takes of GI
>The GI somehow managed to hide his physique
>He is a HUGE guy but also looks natty
>basically slightly smaller scooby
>Starting to remember that he actually rolled really hard (super common beginner thing)
>I choked him out multiple times
>FeelsGoodMan

I seriously went from a mildly obese autist who literally couldn't do a forward roll into a slightly athletic average looking guy who could probably win over any untrained guy my size if he had no martial art experience in NINE months.

>First time in my life i'm actually happy thanks to BJJ

I miss bjj, won my first tournament in December but injured my wrist as a result
>used do Bench 275 lbs for 5x5
>just finished physical therapy and now slowly going up from 3x5 of 95 lbs
Makes me sad I can't do it again

>who could probably win over any untrained guy my size if he had no martial art experience in NINE months.
>9 months BJJ with no wrestling or judo experience
>taking somebody to the ground
Pick one.
You're gonna get rocked when you get hit the first time too.
No bully but you're gonna get rekt if you over estimate your abilities.

>i'm good at rolling on the floor guys! aha xD!
cool, i'd stomp your head in still, faggot.

Started yesterday. Good old school jiu jitsu (we naturally dont call it brazilian jiu jitsu around here). I allmost puked at the end rofl.

6 year purple belt. BJJ is fun until you realize you have supplement it with Sambo/Judo/Wrestling that will normally eat into your normal training regiment/classes. Not to mention I have to 4300 calories to maintain weight.

Try no GI for a while and you'll thank me later. You'll lose some grip strength but you'll start to understand the intricacies of sweeps more, especially when you don't have the person's collar or sleeves to help build momentum.

Here in Brazil we do things are little different, cause our bjj is a lot more old school. Its frequent (like twice a month or so) that we train the so called "taparia" (slapfeast or something roughly translated) that is basically no gi with slaps, so that you can get the notion of when you are going to get punched irl. Fun stuff.

come over here and get in my guard faggot

Well, we do a lot of stand up at our gym so I'am "okay" at throws. I really do not think i'm overestimating my ability since i specifically pointed out at "my size". Which happens to be at 64kg. You'd be surprised in how goddamn terrible people are at fighting in general.

Yeah, I do no gi once a week (want to do more but my gym only have one per week) and it is also really fun. And I really can't wait until I start other grappling sports since they all seem so fun and the only reason why i'm not doing them is because there is literally no wrestling club nearby and the judo club is filled with retards who "ego spar" with you.

Whats ego spar?

How does judo compares to wrestling?

Whats your weight lifting routine?

>lent GI

what in the name of fuck is a lent gi ?

Didn't know what to call it but basically goes stupidly hard when spar and do shitton of throws that are hard to breakfall for no other reason then "them feeling cool" pretty much. I guess this is a meme? But I used to do SS for like 3-4months before I did BJJ.

Seems like i'am having some major difficulties in typing today. What I meant was that we have extra GI's in the gym that people have donated.

>new guy afraid to demonstrate his true strength his first session and hurt the class twink

Lol you are too full of yourself man. He probably didn't want to break you and become enemies with someone on the first day. Get a fucking grip

And that he burrowed/loaned or whatever the fuck the GI.

Probably guys who try to win sparring sessions rather than training and probably will hurt other people.

how tall are you?

I'm 5'8 *173cm and 70kg and I feel fat

>How does judo compares to wrestling?
Honestly depends on where you are. If you're american the quality of wrestling in your country shits all over the judo quality. Most other countries it will probably be the other way round.
If you're just interested in improving your bjj stick to wrestling (provided you can find quality instruction) because you'll do a lot better focusing on singles and doubles and getting great at those than you will at learning all of the judo throws. Judo will have advantages in transferring to your gi game though but imo it has a much higher learning curve (which I think is a consequence of focusing on a wider range of take downs and throws than most wrestling clubs will). Both will rekt your body if you aren't careful.

Ignoring all of that though, try both and pick which one you enjoy the most because you're more likely to actually stick to it and git gud.
t. judoka

Actually wrestling is unfeasiable at my country, no culture at all. But there is quite the judo culture cause we have a big japanese population

in addition to muay thai, would you guys suggest bjj or judo?

Yeah, enjoy having a tendon snapped when you wrestle some monkey who refuses to let go.

Obviously if he went 100% he'd fuck me over and i'am not denying that, however considering the fact that he did go pretty hard and getting completely gassed out from me and I still manage to do pretty good is just such an UNBELIVEABLE huge improvement from where I was 9 months ago.
I'am between 63-65kg at 170cm long and I'am absolutely not fat however I still feel fat since im a bit chubby still and were obese for not too long ago. If you only care about looks I highly suggest just start lifting while eating at maintenance or slightly above.
:)

If you want to fight go to an mma school.
Otherwise judo and mt will give you godlike control, especially from a clinch, but bjj will make you better on the ground.