Special Forces

Does Veeky Forums know how special forces work out?

Weights
Caslisthenics
HIIT

The do crossfit

And eat human flesh

pro90 noobs

This is going to turn into a dick measuring contest about which are best, also you mean SOF not SF.

Ask Jason Blaha

I am a member of special forces. Obviously i wont tell you where or for which nation,
Our physicla trainin regime consist of

> Functional core workouts
>weight training ( Heavy deadlifts and squats are not welcome
>mma with focus on jiu jitsu
>Boxing sorta as cardio
>Cold water routines. this ones acually pretty new

There's minimum strength standards (pretty low desu).

The big emphasis is cardio. SF/Swat physiques and fitness levels are very similar to that of triathletes.

HIIT/Circuits are popular in downtime to maintain fitness once you're in.

>implying any of this shit matters when your only ever going to go into a skirmish with 50 other guys with you in full body armour with automatic weapons & bullet proof shields vs at most 1-5 dudes in plain clothes with far less firepower and ammunition.

how fit do you need to be to point a gun

>There's minimum strength standards (pretty low desu).
wrong
is this a real post?

It's actually mostly about being able to wear the gear effortlessly

it makes a small difference, a differnce that xan mean life or death.

Wrong about there being standards or about them being low?

strap a 10kg weight vest on and go for a run...progress to putting a 30kg pack + vest then going for that same run...

its all about muscular endurance. Part of the 2cdo selection program is:

10 sets for time of
10 x Back Squats 100 kg
10 x Dead Lifts 100 kg
Plus
20 x Walking Lunges with 20 kg Kettle Bell

its all about burning out your muscles then having enough cunt about you to keep going

Agree. The major focus of all military, para-military, and police forces is endurance.

You don't need to be strong, you need to survive.

There are no actual strength standards really, to the ebst of my knowledge to get a physical onctrcat you have to hex bar deadlift like 185lbs in the army thats it. So its a joke, however, being on the stronger side will help you at any selection. When you are carrying logs, boats and 60lb rucks being on the stronger side will easily help you. Dont misunderstand me, i dont mean being big and heavy like a bodybuilder, but having a strong strength base in compound lifts will obviously help you. Think like a rugby player type body.

Running
So much running
Oh and push ups, pull ups too but push ups more

the army is all about endurance and a sort of functional strength. not bodybuilding shit, ur right. There is an emphasis on working out. Lots of crossfit and powerlifting

correct agree 100%. Picking up things and moving them, aka compound lifts.

They carry stuff and put it down.

Push ups

Or globe push downs.

Your choice.

>Or globe push downs.