How did ancient people keep Veeky Forums?

How did ancient people keep Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

roman-empire.net/army/training.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

simple yet healthy diet consisting of fruit and vegetables, not processed food
High levels of activity conpared to modern human because life required more physical effort.

Very limited access to extremely caloric foods.

woah that was hard.
and no, ancient people werent jacked to shreds.But they were of healthy weight and moved a whole lot more than we do.

Bump

kill yourself

sage

cool the heck down

Very interested to know this as well. I came across this page a while back and it's pretty interesting:
roman-empire.net/army/training.html

fuck off snowflake!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton

Anecdotes about Milo's almost superhuman strength and lifestyle abound. His daily diet allegedly consisted of 9 kg (20 lbs) of meat, 9 kg (20 lbs) of bread, and 10 litres (18 pt) of wine.[3] Pliny the Elder (XXXVII, 54 = 144) and Solinus (De mirabilibus mundi, 77) both attribute Milo's invincibility in competition to the wrestler's consumption of alectoriae, the gizzard stones of roosters.[2][12] Legends say he carried his own bronze statue to its place at Olympia, and once carried a four-year-old bull on his shoulders before slaughtering, roasting, and devouring it in one day.[2][3] He was said to have achieved the feat of lifting the bull by starting in childhood, lifting and carrying a newborn calf and repeating the feat daily as it grew to maturity.[13][14]

Gay orgies burn off a lot of calories

go to friccin heck loser stop being meen to my friend

>fruits and vegetables

Try grain and meat and (oh no) dairy. There has never ever been a people whose diet was made up of a caloric backbone of fruits and veggies, because even with modern agriculture that shits hard as fuck to do and you vegfags have to get 75% of your diet shipped in from across the world 9 months out of the year, not to mention the massive amounts of soil that is eroded every year to grow your super yielding veggies.

Who's the modern day equivalent?

I've always been very curious about how did medieval European knights train? Did they use weights to train? Mostly sparring, that's for sure.

I found something:

>While the ordinary man was engaged in exhausting farming and trades with less time for military expertise, evidence shows that the primary training of the feudal classes consisted of riding, jousting, wrestling, strength training by lifting large stones, and later calisthenics and even gymnastics. A chronicle from the year 1075, the Annales Lamberti, complained of a lack of physical fitness among laboring peasants which discouraged nobles from pressing them into military service as foot soldiers. In contrast, the warrior class accepted that their leisure time often made them soft while their role in society demanded peak physical performance. One Victorian historian observed at the turn of the century, "The first professional fighters were the aristocracy, who spent their time almost entirely in the daily practice of arms, and kept themselves in perfect training by constant exercise…And this superiority they gradually supplemented by means of armour…"

Bretty interesting.

Starting Strength by the looks of it.

What ancient people

they tried to survive and not die.
The weak ones died.

They ate goat testicles for test gains

>eats big
>takes weird ass supplements and secret concoctions
>left humanity behind and carried his effigy to the gods

You know who it is CMON

Socrates was not only ripped, he was FUCKING ripped. Pretty much every Greek philosopher, poet, tragedian, and so on would have been, because they were all adult male citizens, and either had to fight in the army or (later) row in the fleet. Or both.

People underestimate the level of physical exertion these things required. These guys worked out EVERY day. They worked out so much that they actually liked working out. They lived to work out. Their entire leisure time was composed of working out and getting gay over how hot their bods were in the balmy Mediterranean sun. The first ten fucking pages in Plato's FIRST dialogue have Socrates lusting over a teenager's sweaty, manly pecs through his toga. Socrates likens himself to a lion that is about to gobble up its prey. He can barely control himself. That is how the Western philosophical tradition starts: homoerotic lust for ripped abs. When Alcibiades, the manliest man in history, bursts into the famous drinking party, at which the guests are discussing the urbane topic of Love, it is to ask Socrates why he never fucked him in the ass when they cuddled. You know how the dialogue ends? Socrates goes to the gym and works out.

Modern recreations and reconstructions have not even succeeded in duplicating the physical feats reported of the Athenian soldiery - that is, the Athenian citizenry. Often, modern historians doubt that these feats are even being accurately reported, for instance the straight dash of the Athenian army across the entire field at Marathon. This is because modern athletes and bodybuilders can't even do these things, even with relatively light gear compared to what the Athenians actually carried. It took a team of Olympic master rowers to even APPROXIMATE the sailing techniques of the Athenian fleet, outside of combat conditions, on a placid sea. The entire Athenian fleet was regularly capable of these maneuvers, season after season, year after year, campaign after campaign. The sole engine of these maneuvers was muscle. Raw, sweaty, heaving Athenian muscle. Athenian men were the envy of the Aegean.

It is understandable that modern historians, coming from a society of flabby, skinnyfat wimps, are unable to comprehend the sheer manliness of Athens. Socrates saved Alciabiades in a hoplite battle in the Peloponnesian War. Aeschylus, the tragic poet, fought at Marathon. And all of them worked out and fucked ass, at every moment they weren't literally inventing Western civilisation.

Socrates was a character Plato made up for The Republican m8

He was literally an anime character in Ancient Greek

>Republic

Fix'd

socrates never even existed mate what

Plato was a faggot

Team Aristotle

Team Diogenes

>believing the historical accounts of overzealous nationalists who love wine and being a pretentious faggot

Philosophy was the ancient version of the internet. A bunch of drunk sons of aristocrats got together and verbally shitposted with each other about things like "the perfect soldier" or women's role in society. They were literally /pol/

It's like the Old Testament where soldiers are said to have killed 8 foot tall giants and blasting walls down with a simple blow of the horn.

It's just propaganda

I appreciated this post

when you wanted to eat you had to dig around in the bushes or fucking kill something

For the most part, they didn't

>ancient people
>regularly consuming meat

god damn I'm not even vegan but you are a fucking dipshit. I'm taking this bait

Until the past handful of centuries only the rich ate meat regularly because it was super fucking expensive and farming was shit compared to recent farming techniques.

During antiquity, the only time a normal person would really get to eat a lot of meat was during religious festivals. Ancient Greek diets were mainly barley, vegetables and sometimes fish. Ancient cultures like Greece, Egypt and Rome also heavily relied on alcohol for calories and to kill bacteria in water.

fuck you user I hate you

>Aristotle
>Plato Two: Electric Bugaloo

The only correct answer

Plato wasn't a faggot, he mentored Aristotle, I agree Aristotle is better though, given the fact he mentored Alexander the Great.

its funny some research has come out showing that goliath was likely blind and had giantism and David just killed him for fun with his sling

killing other men and "stealing" their "wives"

It would make sense. He was a huge cunt and raided innocent villages of a kingdom he allied with and killed everyone (including the animals women and children) so he could do it without the king hearing of his betrayal

Look to the gods of a culture to see what they value. Treachery jealousy and deceit are glorified in the Jewish religion. It says a lot about them as a race..

Found the triggered niglet

lol u got me xD I am soooo triggered right now because despite all evidence suggesting to the contrary ancient people really were 10x as strong as a professional athlete today fuck i guess I should consdier myself btfo and i am a #cruzmissle now boyz

LOL
Snowniggers.
WE WUZ KANGZ indeed.

So he was basically the mountain from GoT.

Generally true but IIRC the pre-Columbus native Americans living in what is now California were basically fruit and nut foragers. Basically because many parts of California were essentially natural gardens due to the climate at the time.

>Implying trade didn't exist in ancient civilisations

I think he was implying David was the cunt, so more like Amory Lorch

Ah yes tell me about those native americans that didn't eat much meat.

their food wasn't diluted to shit, they were moving for most of the day, the men did sports and trained in the ways of melee combat from youth, in addition to all of this natural selection was stronger then that it is now. so they were on all accounts more vital than we are today