Why aren't you attending Hogweights? Buff wizards are best wizards

Why aren't you attending Hogweights? Buff wizards are best wizards

Because Harry potter was dreadfully written

Theyre children's books

I pity you contrarians, you'll do anything to seem special. I grew up with the books and films as a kid, and I have a fondness for them as an adult, they may not be good but they still have a place in my heart.

>they arent good
>b-but muh nostalgia

wanna know how I know your a faggot?

What exactly do you dislike about the books user? Inb4 Stephen King pasta

This post was made for Veeky Forums to make fun of it but I think that's unironically bretty funny

Inb4 "stretching his legs"
Never got that complaint desu, never appears in the books

This is /litfit/'s ideal

>children's books have to be poorly written
Read Terry Pratchett

The magic system is trash. The dialogue is uninteresting. Adverbs everywhere. Needless plotholes. Deathly Hallows plot was extremely rushed.

Dullest...

>He pretends to hate things he enjoyed as a child so nobody can make fun of him

Wanna know how i know your a faggot

"No!"

>muh nostalgia

not an argument

Mary Sue the Wizard Boy who is an invencible demi god and can reincarnate at will is a terrible protagonist

>Terry Pratchett
Read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, you pleb. Or even Narnia.

write a better book then you big fag

Pretty sure the local vegans will get mad if we start using hogs as weights, user.

CS Lewis is the GOAT of childrens literature

This is so lame.
Is there a gym where you can go to just lift weights and have homosexual experiences in the locker room like it's supposed to be?
Too many gimmicks nowadays.

Not them but
>You can't criticize shitty food if you're not a chef
>You can't criticize a shitty film if you're not a director
>You can't criticize shitty music if you're not a producer
Sit down and think about the argument you made, then don't make it again.

Not trying to argue, I enjoy something you don't, thats all there is to it.

You should read kingkiller if you want to see a real mary sue, magic system is great in it tho so you might be able to look past it.

For my money, Roald Dahl is the best children's author

It's true though, if you've never cooked you really can't appreciate how hard it is to cook and present food. Even something as simple as really good looking breadsticks are completely different after you've actually tried making them even just once.

hes great too

i enjoyed the books and dont think they are bad at all. dont need to argue, its a lot more subjective than food

Not lifting for Khorne.
You will never make it wizardcuck

But you described Voldemort.

Not even the introduction of muggles pumping iron could save one of the dullest of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
Can someone explain this pretentious dribble to me

Delicious pasta

What criteria was this weird list based on?

>the power the dark lord knows not
>the last thing Voldemort expected Harry Potter to do was knock him the fuck out with a left hook

How can wizard bois even compete with the BMC (big muggle cock)?

>tfw HuffleBuff

Damn it, I came here just to post this.

>You will never drag her by the ankle to bed to brutally ravage her

the fact you have a book after the single biggest retard in the world (kanye west) not classes as shit tier tells me that you are dealing with some weapons grade stupidity.

>Tolkien and Twain in shit tier
How's it feel to be an insufferable cunt? I bet you try and bully normies for liking marvel, get laughed out of the room and go and post about how you totally pwned them on /tv/.

kek

Does anybody else ask people on Bumble why they're in their 20s and still list Harry Potter as their favorire book? I feel like one in every five people makes a dumb reference to HP or Game of Thrones. I inevitably start shitting on them for it and get unmatched, but ffs by 18 unironically listing Harry Potter as a favorite is the literary equivalent of wearing a fedora.

I didn't like the first one. A Veeky Forums user gave me a quick rundown on the second one's plot and I can't believe how bad it sounds.

The books of Narnia have to be some of the most godawful books I've ever read.

Seriously, I disliked them even as a child. Years later, I became mature enough to consider it could be a translation problem (I'm Italian) so I read them again in English. They were awful all the same.

The last one in particular is terrible, C. S. Lewis must have really gone off the deep end with all the religious bullshit, forgetting at the same time how to write fucking books. It's a mess of non sequiturs, paper-thin characters, orribly worded sentences or even CHAPTERS. Nothing makes sense, I remember having to read time and time again the chapter with the guys going in the stable or whatever just to understand what the fuck was going. And it wasn't a matter of deliberately complicated writing either.
The book(s), admittedly some more than others, feel like they're just a basic draft that somehow made it past the editors and managed to be published.

>tl;dr
Narnia sucks. C.S. Lewis sucks.
Read Lewis Carrol instead

i'm in love

it sounds like you're just philosophically pre-disposed to not like c.s. lewis, honestly.

No matter how shredded the boy wizard is, it doesn't change the fact the he belongs to one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

i liked the kingkiller chronicles....

Not really tho, bruv.

When I read them as a child, I was still a Christian, a believer. I went weekly to, what to do you call it, Sunday school?

If anything, the books should have resonated more with me back then

Too many gains goblins

Not even the janitors deleting the copypasta can change the fact that they enjoy one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

because Harry Potter is really fucking stupid and im not a child who needs this kind of thing to bring me to the gym

obligatory

you dont need to be a chef to know something taste like shit, all that effort doesnt matter if your food is bad.

nice mental gymnastics

came in here to post this

because Harry Potter/magic/and middle age dragon fantasy bullshit is fucking retarded

This

Pratchett was GOAT.

Why can't liberal toddlers let this shit series rest in peace already?

I know it's the only thing that helps them understand politics, but that doesn't make it any less childish or stupid.

LIFTS FOR THE LIFT GOD!

>tfw i can only winggardium leviosa 1pl8

A-at least I can expelliarmus 3pl8, w-wandlets b-btfo

>English Version

So did I, I enjoyed the autobiographic style, the magic system, the pacing, and the overall creativity in the cultures and locations of Temarant. But you can't deny some very important characters aren't written very well, the author can also be very lazy with his writing and clumsily injects basic morals into the books and acts like kvothe is a saint for having them.

I agree about Narnia, but his essays and screwtape are way better

Look at this full on retard

nice fucking quads but you couldnt be more wrong. lewis' prose is some of the best ive ever read. i'd bet money its because you're ESL not because the books are bad

>page 1 of deathly hallows
stretched his legs before stretching his legs before stretching his legs before stretching his legs before stretching his legs before stretching his legs before stretching his legs before stretching his legs before stretching his legs before casting spooky spell

NO!

PTs have too much free time on their hands