Daddy Issues Thread

>be little fat shit during school
>play vidya all day and eat shit
>dad is disappointed in me as hes a Veeky Forums dude
>find Veeky Forums later in life
>now in good shape, good degree and a good job
>dad pulled me aside the other day and told me ive done well
>says hes proud of the man ive become

Christ i cried like a bitch. Whats your relationship with your father like Veeky Forums? Did he help you get fit? Did he encourage you to play sports and other stuff?

He died from poor health in February 14, 2003 (Valentines Day). I was only 13. His health condition and demise was one of the main reasons I got into fitness.

cry more fgt at least you had someone

Nice blog faggot

My dad taught me a lot of the bad eating habits I've had to scrub from my brain like giving us Coke at something like 5 years old and making amazing spaghetti and BBQ. I love the guy but his feet always hurt from the beetus and he keeps trying fad diets saying "nothing works"... I HAD feet problems and believed his bullshit it was our genetics until a doctor said it was gout due to high acidic levels and common in fatties. Ever since I've lost like 80 pounds (and dropping) my feet have felt way better. It makes me feel terrible when my younger brother and sister are saying their feet are starting to hurt now but it's "muh genetics".

I don't know. I love the guy and try to have a good relationship with him but there are habbits I picked up from my parents I hate and it only took in the past few years for me to get over my parents fighting when I was in high school. Shit.

Was he a smoker or something?

So why did your dad allow you to eat shit and become fat?

we basically only talk about football

I hope mine dies

>seeking validation from some fag that says you disappointed him

Holy shit OP kys youre not gonna make it

fuck my dad

My dad died when I was 10 so I can't have daddy issues.. r-right?

> Dad hates his dad because distance and abandonment issues
> Mom has contempt for her dad because he is an autistic selfish pussy
> Haven't spoken to my dad in over 10 years now; he's remarried and has another kid
> Regular Veeky Forumsizen so I got the autistic pussy part down also

I'm never going to have kids because they'll eventually come to both hate me like how I hate my dad and how he hates his dad, and hold me in contempt like how my mom holds her dad in contempt.

Diabetic, asthmatic, and overweight. Drunk beer. He smoked in his early years.

>be 4
>parents get divorced
>dad fucks off with his gf
>see him all of like 20 times over the next 18 years
>grow up undisciplined, effeminate, inhibited, irresponsible and immature
>obviously have a bad time in school because of this
>not many friends, shitty attitude, etc
>finally wake up and sort myself out at 18
>realize that most of my behaviour was because I had no male role models in my life, let alone father figures
>still trying to shake some bad habits
thanks dad

Met my dad when I was 20, he's a fat, alcoholic piece of shit.

>parents split when I was 5
>dad barely took me and my sister on the weekends like he was supposed to
>at around age 10 we stop going
>not sure of the reason
>only hear mom's side of the story for all my life
>23 years old now and I am starting to understand my dad
>see a lot of him in me
>can see myself becoming the man he is
>repressed hate for mom (don't know why) starts coming out more
Currently I am trying to muster up the courage to talk to him, because I remember always being cold to him when we met because of what my mom told me about him.

>dad's a complete bitch & faggot
>still leech off him like the parasite I am
yap

You note that the OP never said his dad said that. From context it seems clear the OP assumed that based on their interactions regarding his weight.

I knew my dad was disappointed I was fat, especially now that I'm losing weight and he's so thrilled about it. But he's never said he was anything but proud of me.

Whatever you Tyrone

Deranged alcoholic, physically and emotionally abusive. If I can make it, so can you

because capitalism, no for real man.

What was your mom's side of the story and what was the truth?

>My father left before I was born
>I had a sister I never knew about
>Eventually I find out about her, and I track down our father.
>I don't have the heart to tell her about our father, but eventually I cave and tell her the whole story.
>My father is military, extremely high rank.
>I know that I have to confront him... and I don't want to, but it is the only way to save the rebellion and bring peace to the galaxy.
>wish me luck.

Well I don't know the truth because I haven't talked to my dad yet, but my mom always told us that he is an alcoholic push over that doesn't care about us. She told is that he never picks us up because he doesn't want us and the only time when he does is because she forces him.

Is your sister hot?

So is Veeky Forums your daddy?

>abusive alcoholic stepdad
>barely let me eat growing up, always super skinny
>told me I was lazy, worthless, etc. regularly, occasionally physically abusive
>no self esteem growing up, rarely had friends because I became too shy to make any
>never understood why my mom didn't help
>felt worthless
>never had gf growing up
>issues with depression, severe anxiety, suicidal thoughts, self harm
>eventually get old enough to get a job
>buy own food, buy gym membership, start training BJJ
>go from holocaust mode to dyel but fit
>he gets drunk and tries to choke me one night after watching UFC fights in front of whole family
>arm drag, rear naked choke him in front of everyone
>stops messing with me
>couple years pass
>bros go to college, mom tells him she's done with his abuse and tells him to get out
>he gets in her face like he's going to hit her
>walk up to them, ask him if he's got a fucking problem
>says "no"
>I can see the fear in his eyes
>no more shitty stepdad
>closer bond with mom and bros
>better life in general
>friends, dates, attention from girls

I hate him, but in a weird way his abuse made me strong.

We're all gonna make it, brahs

Eric can be our dad

eric is a legit 10/10

nohomo

0years-17years
-My father encouraged physical activity too much.
-Used to run track, and play soccer and had to go for swimming.
-No strength training tho at all.
-Now I realize I was a lean weakling except I could run for miles.
17years-18years
-Then college happened in another country and I became a slob.
-Ate ramen noods everyday.
-Father thinks I look weak and now am on force feed food diet.
18years-20 years
-Enjoy food too much and am now medically overweight with a bunch of diseases because of being overweight.
20years to present
-I get redpilled , i now know one of the simple truths of losing weight and being strong.
-So I start 5x5 try to eat healthy take my vitamins eat lots of nice macros.
-Maintain my Calorie deficit.
-Since starting fit journey I've lost significant amount of fat, and gained more strength than I ever had before. Plus i'm back to not being slob.
-Father keeps discouraging me to lift weights because he's scared I'll hurt myself. And keeps trying to force feed me.
-He is ex military and doesn't have much gains left now, whereas I've slowly been gaining gainz and because of that he doesn't lecture me against my fit journey anymore.

I wish he would just trust me and not try and control what i eat and do to become fit.That is my daddy issue.

I feel for you user. My dad was also a diabetic. Had two strokes and died in ICU. I saw him once and left him there. I don't know why I didn't visit him more. I think I was in shock or denial. I feel like a piece of shit for not being at his side. Died a day before my 14th birthday. Still miss him.

>Tfw dont have a dad

I work in the Court and I've so many cases where the mom is awarded primary custody and the dad is given bullshit conditions like he can only see his kids with supervised contact every fortnight at Wednesday between 3.00 pm and 6.00 pm and he just gives up because he's trying to improve his own life and the mother is always telling her kids that their dad is shit and he's trying to save money and his boss won't let him out at 3.00 etc.

I'm not saying the Court is biased towards females (the amount of DV against females I see everyday is insane) but it can be tough.

Mine was a weak contemptible sack of shit with the worst taste in women you can imagine. He's rotting away of Alzheimer's in a funeral home. I have no plans to attend the funeral.

does he know you're still a virgin?
he's just being nice, he hates you and your mom deep down.

What'd he do that made you hate him so much?

>Mine was a weak contemptible sack of shit
same here

Man, please, talk to him. Today. Give him a call. If he's a good man, he won't care you might have made some mistakes. He's your father, and he loves you.

No, man. YOU made you strong. He was a pile of shit, and you faced challenges you never should have, but you are the one who found the strength to rise up and become better, rather than give up and suffer. You are strong, and he has had absolutely no part in that.

>Freudian slip

Narcissistic emotional abusive glad cut contact for good

Lol I remember when I was 15

(1/2)

we're just not close

I think he made so many sacrifices to be a good dad that he resented me and my sister. She's got issues too, like insanely shy and cuts herself. I think he used to be a regular dude, got laid a lot, smoked weed, he was in a frat in college. He married my mom when he was 30, and I think he was making a lot of money back then. She was hot from the pictures I've seen. He bought a house and had some kids soon after.

I remember him working a lot but being pretty involved. My sister obviously had problems from a young age and I was always pretty regular. We both did well in school and sports, he was my first soccer coach when I as 6 or 7.

As we got older he got a lot more distant. My mom is kind of a goofy bitch and I think he got sick of her to a large extent. All his friends were from work, and he lost touch to a lot of them when he switched jobs to be closer to home. I think he felt trapped in a somewhat shitty family with a daughter who would never be a normal person and a wife who drove him crazy. He picked me up from school every day, the car rides would be silent unless he asked me about sports or I asked him about work. He was never willing to joke or kid around, never made an off color comment and wouldn't allow it from us.

Our relationship never really made sense to me. I was normal, varsity athlete, hot girlfriend, played in a band, got into a good college. I figured if I checked the boxes he would open up, realize I was on the right track and be more of a real person around me. It never happened. Now that I've moved out my only texts from him are advice or caution, often voiced in an extremely blunt or even rude tone. I never visit, and I live on the other side of the country.

(2/2)

At some point he gave up. He started hanging out with my mom's faggy friends, got a cat, started talking about netflix and colbert and superfoods. His health went downhill, he never took great care of himself. At the same time I was going through a hypermasculine phase: playing college football, boxing, lifting weights, and fucking droves of slutes. When I'd come home for christmas break we would barely talk, I'd essentially give him my resume and he'd find something to critique. We'd argue about politics sometimes, but I got sick of it quickly.

I don't really love him. I appreciate everything he's done, he's probably spent over half a million on me alone in food and tuition and care. I appreciate how he gave up a successful life for the ideal of a perfect family, but I don't give him many points for execution. My sister is a trainwreck, probably has something to do with how weird our home life was. I'm doing great, I make a ton of money and I save most of it. But I've long since stopped trying to have a relationship with him. There was a year where I tried aggressively to be friendly and communicate with him, and he rewarded me with coldness and rude judgement. I still drop him a text when something good happens like a promotion or a big sale, without exception the reply is "good." or "be careful."

I don't know how I'd feel if he died. I don't think I'd feel that much. I kind of learned from a young age not to have emotions, I stifled my feelings for so long they became an insignificant part of my life. I feel protective of my sister, and I love my mom for the love she gives to me. But I can do without them. I'm very disconnected, I don't want much to do with my family.

Anyways I'm flying home today, not really looking forward to it. I'll have a 20 minute talk with dad about work, mom will cook me some bad food. I'll see my grandparents then I'll leave, and I probably won't be back in 2017.

My dads cool but he's fuckin gloomy man. He's always talking about how he won't be able to retire and thinks he's a loser or something but everyone loves him. Cmom dude

In similar, I know my dad loves me, he just isn't affectionate, nothing wrong with it.

>last girl i've been with had daddy issues

jesus christ

or a daddy in this case

>be me
>father never taught me how to get Veeky Forums
>was a dyel nerd in school and got picked on
>hit mid 20s
>get Veeky Forums
>stronger and taller than my father
>don't respect him because he never taught me to be a man

>>be little fat shit during school
>>play vidya all day and eat shit
>>dad is disappointed in me as hes a Veeky Forums dude

First two points are entirely your dad's fault. Adults are responsible for their own failings, not kids.

/Veeky Forums

>effeminate
Are you a trap nowadays...?

This is quite accurate in my country.

Thanks, user.

fuck off

>Lol
last year wasn't that long ago, faggot

You'll grow out of it, my dad didn't teach me anything either, but he never had a dad himself, he didn't know what was expected of him. My dad worked 3 jobs, to keep us fed and when there wasn't enough money for everyone to eat, he would abstain from meals, should I not respect him because he was too busy letting me be a child to teach me to be a man?

When I was 15 I never said lol or used emoticons and shit, I thought it was lame. Now im 23 and use them all the time, when you start texting with women it just rubs off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

your mom and sister don't count my man.

Heh alright kiddo, you sure got me.

>Parents divorced when I was 12
>dad couldn't stop plowing construction skanks
>Even before then I remember being alone
>Brother 4 years my senior spends all his time chasing girls and not playing with me so we never really bond and I'm yet still alone all the time
>grow up with no male role models and a bunch of reasons to dislike women
>29 now, still alone, still can't find a reason to chase women like normal guys do, but I don't hate them. I just find them not worth the time

Left when I was 2. Always paid the child support until I was 18, but never tried to contact me or anything. I'm not even black.

user...
You're literally every 5th white child in America.

with that hair you have most certainly not made it

Holy fuck how do so many people come from broken homes?

They tell us our generation is the worst. Turns out they're all piles of shit for their own reasons. The generation before us is just terrible at making relationships last.

Of course you aren't. Otherwise he wouldn't be paying child support.

>blacks not paying child support
...user
you can stop playing the whites am superior to niggers thing now
it's embarrassing

Just remember lads, the world is shit, but it doesn't have to be

turns out the 50 year assault on the western family unit worked.

you're fucked up in a lot of ways that you don't understand and you should start therapy as soon as you can muster up the courage to do it. it might take a long time. trust me on this. I was like you in a lot of ways and it fucked my adult life over for so long.

what the hell? you should be fucked in all kinds of ways and unable to love yourself but somehow you're fine. are you the chosen one?

All my dad ever wanted was for me to play hockey and soccer like him. I didn't play hockey because I refused to wear the neckguard, and I got cut from the soccer team when I was 12 for being short and slow. He seems somewhat indifferent to me lifting and mocks my diet/tries to tempt me with pizza and french fries.

I think it always frustrated him that I was naturally talented at most sports, but physically pathetic with no ambition to improve.

he tought me how to lift, he maxed bench at a little over 400. i maxed at 315 so im a bitch but w/e

>be skinny faggot fuck
>auswitch mode because eating "healthy" which means eating jack shit during puberty and some letuce on those crazy 200 calories a meal.
>probably survived mostly on milk GOMAD YALL
>dad played games when I was rly young and I liked to watch him from like 5
>then he stopped and started working
>never taught me shit
>took me fishing and camping like 3 times
>never taught me shit
>think I would still do good in this feminist man hating hell that is called Sweden
>got a job and GF at 24 so I think he is proud of me atleast
>from auswitch to 91 kg builtfat in like 2 years
>depressed as fucking hell and thinking about ending it every other day

>he's in prison and I've refused to speak with him since I was 14

I don't particularly hate him. I just hold him in a great deal of contempt. He is a weak, useless little worm.

He's probably not your real dad and resents that he had to raise you because he is a cuck

Shut the fuck up. Not everyone lives a clean white collar life like yourself. My dad is a alcoholic who's a manlet with anti social disorder. He verbally abuses my mother by calling her names and he fabricates stories to make himself look better as a person. I also think hes a repressed homosexual due to the shit he's been doing with this guy friend.

Im just thankful I haven't snapped

It's a statistical fact

My dad was tough as shit and built like fuck. Nobody fucked with him. Insane temper but it was almost never directed us. Complete and utter believe in himself and his own abilities, it seemed. Had his flaws but he was a good dad overall.

However, his mental health slowly deteriorated. By the time I was 15 he was full blown schizophrenic. Thought everyone was against him: randomers, police, people at work, my mum. Never me though, strangely. All became too much for my mum so she left him. I still saw him for sometime afterwards but then he started becoming increasingly erratic and basically just wanted to use me to get to my mum because she was part of an apparent plot against him, so I stopped for her safety. Last time I saw him he was basically anorexic with no teeth, ranting in my face about my mum, having once been what Veeky Forums only dreams of. 15 years pass and my aunty contacts my mum to tell her he's dead. Commited suicide.

I think I learned a lot from him. I took a lot from his strengths and avoid copying his weaknesses. He was a good dad when it counted - when I was a child. So I'm thankful for that. It's a shame what happened to him, but it doesn't really bother me that he's dead because the man he was died long ago. He did take the easy way out though so I'm disappointed in him for that, but I can understand it at least.

I see the best of him when I look in the mirror.

he raped me when i was 5 and then fucked off to nowhere
i spent my childhood stuffing my face to cope and am now a landwhale
working on changing that

How does it feel to know your weight completely invalidates your suffering?

What you're doing to the working class, the economy, the ecosystem, and the third world is a thousand times worse than child rape.

Hope you die you fucking disgusting slob.

Selection Bias.

1) It's a Daddy Issues Thread - generally speaking if you had a pretty normal upbringing you're probably not going to feel like talking about it on Veeky Forums, since there's not much to say. Even if there was, these types of threads are more for venting purposes, which you're less inclined to want/need to do if you don't have any built-up angst.

2) It's Veeky Forums - it may be the case (though I have no data to back that up, of course), that a lot of people are here because they feel the need to be better people than their parents/fathers might have been; getting physically fit is often part of self-improvement.

3) It's Veeky Forums - need I say more?

Not to mention that this stuff is becoming more and more common in general.

^^^ desu
stop crying fatty
if you get to be fat you have nothing to cry about fatty

Jealous. I'm waiting for mine to die so I can shit on his grave.

>have a Veeky Forums dad despite his age
>very smart, did well in school, gets payed well at his job and is very valuable
>incredibly supportive of his kids, always spent time with them
>became an assistant coach for basically every sport my brother and I wanted to play just so he could be a part of our lives
>made sure to reward us when we did well in school
>I fuck up in college and end up a disappointment
>get out of shape and still live with my parents, I'm depressed as fuck
>he's trying his best to help me live my life and figure it all out, but it's wearing on me

I've got no excuse brehs

Just know that even if you're an awesome dad your kids may still turn out to be shitlords

keep going man you're gonna make it

self improvement should always be encouraged